• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does seem to be the popular theory. It is called Capcom Fighters Network and not Street Fighters Network afterall.

Though of course there's been no solid info on this yet.

oh well, thanks for kicking me out of the hype train. im just gonna wait. my biggest issue with CFN is how the DLC is handled, in my particular case is that it is so much easier for me to buy DLC on my US PSN account than on my main account(i aint trying to game the system either is just i dont want to let go of my main account)

gilley

People saying "omg, reused assets!", don't.

Agreed.

I'm an animator(I animate Kratos), and I've been going through the videos frame by frame and I don't see any animations that look like they've been copy/pasted. Characters have different idle/base stances, which means that even if they did copy/paste, they would have had to re-work the animation. I'm also seeing different timing on the attacks.

Wait Ouroboros is Lv.1 again?
TcmWBSY.png

Yea but it looks a lot slower than before. Like the donuts weren't as rapid as before.

I swear they better change the characters announcing their damn stone every time they use it. I was seriously annoyed by Chris "Time stone! Time stone! Time stone." HUD needs work

Other than that, looks like fun. Disappointed no X gameplay but hopefully tomorrow we will see more.

J-Tier

Agreed.

I'm an animator(I animate Kratos), and I've been going through the videos frame by frame and I don't see any animations that look like they've been copy/pasted. Characters have different idle/base stances, which means that even if they did copy/paste, they would have had to re-work the animation. I'm also seeing different timing on the attacks.
Yeah. Looks like they put in some serious work. And even if they were "copy/pasting" assets, I don't see that as a negative. It leaves a lot of opportunity for new assets for new characters.

Ryce

This is just a prediction, but I think I know why Sigma is DLC.

Sigma’s model looks really low quality in the story trailer, like he’s an NPC. He looks like a PS2 CGI model.

What I think happens is that early on in story mode, you defeat a barebones NPC Sigma (similar to the cops, grunts, and Dolls in SFV) as Ultron, and that’s when the two of them fuse together. The first scene in the story trailer likely precedes this battle.

So I don’t think Capcom is purposefully withholding a finished Sigma as DLC. It’s more along the lines of what happened with Kolin in SFV.

Agreed.

Exactly. It's obvious they are using blends/poses/animations from earlier entries for the current toolsets for previous entry characters in this game. I understand this can be a little 'inside baseball' for the larger gaming audience, but it just kills me when they see a character from an earlier entry doing an attack from an earlier entry in a series & think "yup, reused asset here!", meanwhile the animator who literally had to re-rig the skeleton to recreate the animation from that earlier entry is going uncredited somewhere.

Just noticed Hawkeye do an active switch after landing Gimlet. Thought he was gonna DHC right there.

The amount of creativity in this game already seems Infinite. Imagine how it'll look when much more characters are in.

Edit: Lol, wrong thread.

This is just a prediction, but I think I know why Sigma is DLC.

Sigma’s model looks really low quality in the story trailer, like he’s an NPC. He looks like a PS2 CGI model.

What I think happens is that early on in story mode, you defeat a barebones NPC Sigma (similar to the cops, grunts, and Dolls in SFV) as Ultron, and that’s when the two of them fuse together. The first scene in the story trailer likely precedes this battle.

So I don’t think Capcom is purposefully withholding a finished Sigma as DLC. It’s more along the lines of what happened with Kolin in SFV.
Speaking of dlc, since they characters are all new you think xmen/doom/skrull still have a shot?

SnakeEyez

So I don't know if anybody else noticed this, or if it was said before as part of a leak but it looks like this will have a total fighting game best of 3 rounds. In the beginning of the trailer, you see about sides having an icon under their life bar. One says HC - likely meaning hyper combo finish, and the other says V which probably means regular victory. This is interesting for a marvel game.

Also, auto combo shows up for all of Hulk's air combos which is probably why his damage output was severally lacking compared to the rest. This is probably the case with auto hyper combo. Gives me hope that this is for 'simple' control method and that the down down p motion for srk is a part of just that layout.

In theory yeah, but SneakersSO said no Fox characters in the 2017 Character Pass.

There's still hope for the 2018 Character Pass, though.

They'll be coming, just not the primary focus for the 1st season pass. Their inclusion was probably negotiated after the development roadmap was already set in stone for launch + dlc wave 1.

I personally hope Valkyrie makes it in. Normally I wouldn't think she's stand much of a chance but she is in Thor: Ragnarok, the Marvel movie coming out closest to MvC:I and there's already costumes being sold tieing in with that movie.

Plus it'd just be nice to get another Asgardian character.

Neoxon

They'll be coming, just not the primary focus for the 1st season pass. Their inclusion was probably negotiated after the development roadmap was already set in stone for launch + dlc wave 1.
I didn't doubt that, it's just sucks that we'll have to wait a bit longer for the Fox characters to show up. I was kinda hoping that the 2017 Character Pass would compensate for the lack of Fox characters on Day 1.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm very curious to see how many characters we would get from Character Pass 2018. Since we are getting 6 more characters within 3-4 months for Character Pass 2017, so I would guess we might see 8-12 characters for 2018.

I personally hope Valkyrie makes it in. Normally I wouldn't think she's stand much of a chance but she is in Thor: Ragnarok, the Marvel movie coming out closest to MvC:I and there's already costumes being sold tieing in with that movie.

Don't raise my hope for Valkyrie please. I always figure that she would be one of those low priority character to be chose to be in the game.

Credo

I apologize if this has been answered over and over, but I can't seem to find the information on any other sites, and maybe that's because it just came out yesterday. Is the deluxe edition going to be digital only or is there going to be a physical deluxe edition? All I see are standard or collector's options for preorder from Amazon and Gamestop on NowInStock.net. I don't love this series enough to shell out $200 for the CE, but I'm considering the deluxe.

Coda

I apologize if this has been answered over and over, but I can't seem to find the information on any other sites, and maybe that's because it just came out yesterday. Is the deluxe edition going to be digital only or is there going to be a physical deluxe edition? All I see are standard or collector's options for preorder from Amazon and Gamestop on NowInStock.net. I don't love this series enough to shell out $200 for the CE, but I'm considering the deluxe.

Pretty sure there will be a physical Deluxe edition for pre-order eventually, maybe later this week? I pre-ordered on PSN digitally because I like to play the game the second it comes out.

Kashiwaba

Not yet, but my guess is we'll hear about 6-10 more characters announced and then that will be it.

No way with all the reused assets, i would be surprised if there isn't at least 30 characters at launch, so many capcom and marvel characters are still missing anything less than that on a Vs title is stupid.

Mista Koo

Besides the washed out colors and sterile art direction it looks good.
And I really like the DP input change and interested to see what else they change.

Confused on how the stones work. I see a normal meter, and a gem meter. Normal meter seems to involve specials/supers, and gem meter for the flashy stone moves, but I also see the characters saying ”Power Stone" and not spending either meter (Chris at 1:25 for example).
Could be similar to Ryu's V-Trigger parries. Activate then freely use it during a limited duration.

But we've been doing DP for years...

I mean, come on. That's not a difficult motion. Even casuals can easily learn to do it.
Not true.

Ferrio

Banned
People are complaining about reused assets in the MvC series? The brand was built on reused assets, that's the whole point the games even exist.

Kashiwaba

It's gonna be hard making a big roster without any X-Men

So far we have Thor, Captain America, Captain marvel, iron Man, hulk and Hawkeye. There is still spider Man, black panther, doctor strange, ant Man, black widow, falcon, Scarlett witch, vision and war machine those are just from the movies without counting any villains or characters like winter soldier and Quicksilver or Netflix marvel shows, cartoons...etc and Capcom side they have dozens of characters.

Kashiwaba

People are complaining about reused assets in the MvC series? The brand was built on reused assets, that's the whole point the games even exist.

People forgot MvC2 and how some characters models were so obvious that they were copy pasted from other games.

Edit: sorry double post :(

MrDaravon

It's better in motion but I still personally find the game unbelievably unappealing visually, very sterile and washed out. Also good fucking God that UI better be some placeholder shit because that is generic and awful as all hell.

Gameplay looks at the very least potentially on point though, so will be looking forward to hands-on impressions.

Tizoc

90 frikkin' dollars for the base game+dlc @_@
It is a little cheaper in my country region's store but still
dang.

Besides the washed out colors and sterile art direction it looks good.
And I really like the DP input change and interested to see what else they change.

Could be similar to Ryu's V-Trigger parries. Activate then freely use it during a limited duration.

Not true.

My brothers can perform 360 motions pretty easily nowadays, and they are casuals.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

she neeeeeds to be in it

damn this should just be a marvel game who needs capcom
Tessa-Thompson-as-Valkyrie-in-Thor-Ragnarok.jpg

So is anyone else curious about how the music is going to be handled in Infinite? Are stages going to have themes, or are characters going to have their own themes playing?

I personally hope for a Smash Bros-esque music selection option for characters that have appeared in more than one game. When playing with Spider-Man, would you want the version of his theme from MVC3 or do you prefer MSH?

How about Mega Man X? Give us 10 or so different classic Mega Man X game themes to choose from?

bubumiao

Nah, easy peasy.
Look at all these:

Could you list all of those characters for me? I don't know several of them. They could all potentially make it into the game since none of them are X-Men right?

I want to google their names to get their bios.

Could you list all of those characters for me? I don't know several of them. They could all potentially make it into the game since none of them are X-Men right?

Power Man/Luke Cage,
Iron Fist,
Black Widow,
Doc Ock,
Black Panther,
Green Goblin,
Nova,
Dormammu,
Rocket Raccoon,
Spider-Woman,
The Leader,
Dr. Strange,
Medusa,
Iron Man,
Spider-Man,
Ultron,
Red Skull,
Daredevil,
Falcon,
Hulk,
Captain America,
Lockjaw,
Thor,
MODOK,
Ant-man,
Ghost Rider,
Loki,
Baron Zemo,
Hawkeye,
Polaris,
Venom,
and Black Bolt.

Although I could be wrong on 1-2 of them.

Mista Koo

My brothers can perform 360 motions pretty easily nowadays, and they are casuals.
Good for them. Also we are talking about DP here.

So is anyone else curious about how the music is going to be handled in Infinite? Are stages going to have themes, or are characters going to have their own themes playing?
We've heard Chun-Li's theme in the gameplay video, but it didn't change when she tagged out. So possibly MvC1 style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom