• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
I’ll be honest, I never liked doing DP inputs because they were annoying to do but taking it out completely is stupid. Give us the option between easy mode and normal mode for the controls like MVC3 did.

I'm still hopeful for the game that being said.

Edit: Also nice to see Roger Craig Smith voicing Chris again! I always preferred him as the VA!

To me the real worrying thing is that if they're removing inputs like DP then they're probably also casualizing the hell out of the rest of the game just like they casualized SFV.

MoxManiac

I worry that if MvC:I gets a cold reception from the community that the MvC series is finished. I think it will still sell well, though.

Trailer was pretty good, but not exactly that great. But still pretty hyped. And no less excited for the story mode too.

Just need to see how Ultron plays! Which this week, more gameplay of the game is to be revealed.

Though pretty weird that Sigma is a DLC character, in spite of being a character in the story mode and fused with Sigma.

LaNaranja

I'm going to be really fucking pissed if they end up charging $5 fucking dollars per costume and charge money for palette swaps like they do with Street Fighter. Seriously, what they did with Street Fighter 5 would make even the greedy fuckers over at WB pause.

Spman2099

Now all I can hope for is a fun game. Fun and open, as long as people can express their character and gameplay how they like to play and not have to play in a cookie cutter manner I'll be happy.

Has that ever been Marvel? Like, sure, somebody may introduce a new setup here and there, and the odd player has a unique take on the odd character... but the mass majority, more so than most other fighting games, seem to use the same setups and the same combos...

Neoxon

I'm going to be really fucking pissed if they end up charging $5 fucking dollars per costume and charge money for palette swaps like they do with Street Fighter. Seriously, what they did with Street Fighter 5 would make even the greedy fuckers over at WB pause.
Actually, the pallet swaps could be earned with in-game Fight Money. As for the premium costumes, they were more expensive because you could earn everything else (sans the CPT content) with Fight Money.

ZReport

Neo Member
Can't blame this on combo this session like marvel meddling

Marvel's hands on the game is pretty obvious, due to the hard push of Thor, the Thor/Hulk costume promo and Rocket, but you could have assumed all of that would have happened anyways. They will definitely move to promote any upcoming Marvel movies/games/etc. However, the assumed dumbing down of the game reaaaally sounds like a Capcom thing, however.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know you can't say anything else....but is this DP removal only the least of our worries...based on what you know?

I'm sure.

I'm sure that the author is thrilled that he doesn't have to do dragon punch input anymore. Have you see raptor playing with stick and buttons before?

tumblr_mk2zemc0C41rj9i34o1_250.gif

I won't be surprised if they do some bullshit like "you can only use certain special moves if you have a gem and without a gem" or some other carny shit like that. Like "yeah Ryu can't do a DP unless he's got a certain gem" ugh.

What's next? Infinity Gem for Air Dash?

Magnus

Yeah, so, I need to echo some of the earlier sentiments: that trailer was ass.

I'm super fucking hyped for Ultron and Sigma being featured as the villains. But wow, that was a sad showcase.

Skab

You know, I was looking at the gameplay screens that have the hud on them and noticed/thought of a couple things.

Level 4 is the max level of the hyper meter now.
Characters can get locked out from tagging it seems.

And looking at the health bars...what if one of the things Ryce is talking about is them going the tekken tag/sfxt route of once one bar is gone, you lose?

Coda

I'd love to see some Sigma gameplay. So far he seems like one of mains until I see more of the characters. I really want Gene but I doubt he's gonna be in it at this point.

Weiss

Banned
You know, I was looking at the gameplay screens that have the hud on them and noticed/thought of a couple things.

And looking at the health bars...what if one of the things Ryce is talking about is them going the tekken tag/sfxt route of once one bar is gone, you lose?

Man if that happens then fuck it. No way in hell am I buying this.

Zubz

Banned
Look at the previous page, SneakersSO is saying that there won't be any Fox characters in the 2017 Character Pass.

... Why? I thought with those rumors that FOX characters being DLC that they'd try to get them in soon; if they're not in this Season Pass, we won't see Wolverine until a year after launch!

At least mega man fans keep to eat between this and smash.

If it makes you feel any better, you've sold me on Regina. I don't even know much about Dino Crisis other than it being the dinosaur version of Resident Evil, but between Regina & Snake, I want you to win something, Jawmuncher.

MoxManiac

I don't think so. There are no indicators of multiple rounds, and I don't think they'd do that if it was one round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom