• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New TDKR trailer with Avengers:

lmbzR.png

I'm positive this is going to be the best thing to come out of seeing The Avengers for me.

Every post I've seen you make in this thread (and the previous) is bashing The Avengers in some way.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Avengers looks like a lot of amazing fan service. I don't know how anyone can bash it. Let alone bash it before they've had the chance to watch it.
We should be talking about which one of the characters will have the most screen time within the Avengers. My money's on the Captain. Hopefully.

apana

Avengers looks like a lot of amazing fan service. I don't know how anyone can bash it. Let alone bash it before they've had the chance to watch it.
We should be talking about which one of the characters will have the most screen time within the Avengers. My money's on the Captain. Hopefully.

Captain and Hulk are the two I am most interested in right now, Captain America for obvious reasons and Hulk because I like the character especially after Ed Norton renewed my interest in him. Mark Ruffalo is getting very good reviews in this so I am hopeful. Iron Man will be great as always but I hope everyone gets equal time.

Rokam

Local theater is doing a movie marathon sans Hulk movies. And all you get is a small popcorn and pop. What the hell :(.

Platy

I wouldn't count on it. Almost always debut with the domestic release and never, ever before.

It says TR3 New Version... so Trailer 3 will debut with Raven "domesticaly" and with avengers, wich opens on the same day, internationaly

A person can hope, right ?

Umm, it's blatantly only listed under the 5/4 placements.

It is blatantly only listed USA openings =P

I watched a few more clips on youtube and Bullseye is a good villain.

Yeah, Farrell was pretty cool in the role. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I didn't mind Affleck as Murdock.

I still find the DC pretty enjoyable on the whole. Too bad Mark Steven Johnson turned around and made Ghost Rider. What a piece of shit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It says TR3 New Version... so Trailer 3 will debut with Raven "domesticaly" and with avengers, wich opens on the same day, internationaly

Wut. That's the third Dark Shadows trailer.

Yes, and...?

Dany

Banned

It is listing the movie name: movie trailer

So when it says Avengers: Dark Knight Rises TR3 that means that the new trailer of TDKR is with the avengers

shira

You already know its rdj, ironman, hulk. Rdj because he's the meal ticket and the cg characters.

The bashIng is valid based on the trailers. It's all one liners and transformers combat. Nobody dies so hopefully the story and character interaction is topnotch. Which seems to be the case.

Tobor

You already know its rdj, ironman, hulk. Rdj because he's the meal ticket and the cg characters.

The bashIng is valid based on the trailers. It's all one liners and transformers combat. Nobody dies so hopefully the story and character interaction is topnotch. Which seems to be the case.

No it's not. Not at all.

kunonabi

Daredevil would have been alright had they not botched Elektra so badly and gotten someone better for Kingpin. I didn't mind Affleck and I actually really like Bullseye. A better suit and action choreography would helped too.

Blade 3 crapped all over the Nightstalkers and I really can't forgive that.

Blader

I normally just feel bored or disappointed when I'm done with these films. You've got some kind of existential crisis going on yo.

:lol :lol

I've never seen the Daredevil movie but wow that scene was terrible. Does Marvel hold the Daredevil movie licence now? Hopefully they can make a better film.

Fox still has it. They put a reboot into production a couple years ago, but aren't actually going to make it, it's just to justify holding onto the license for another 7 years.

Holy fuck is Spider-Man 2 good. I can't believe, to this day, the train fight is still by far the best hero vs villain fight in any comic book movie.

How I wish Avengers is somehow capable of beating it.

WrikaWrek

Banned
People with a shitty attitude towards the movie, saying that TDKR trailer will be the best thing from the trip, might as well stop being morons and not waste their damn money on what they consider to be a bad time.

Seriously, what is this shit? Movie emos or something? Fuck sakes.

Khezu

If there's one super hero series that needs to go the nolan route of super emo, gritty realistic, grimmdark bullshit, it would be daredevil. Dude is at this best whens he just some crazy blind guy terrorizing criminals in a dark moody alleyway.

duckroll

Got my tickets for opening night. MY BODY IS READY!

Whedon sucks balls, but even he can't fuck up a MARVEL movie!!! FUCK YEAH! /fanboy

JdFoX187

Banned
Daredevil would have been alright had they not botched Elektra so badly and gotten someone better for Kingpin. I didn't mind Affleck and I actually really like Bullseye. A better suit and action choreography would helped too.

Blade 3 crapped all over the Nightstalkers and I really can't forgive that.

Michael Clarke Duncan was fine as Kingpin. There's not that many big guys that can do the things Kingpin does. I thought he was fine. I didn't even mind Affleck as Murdoch. Jennifer Garner was absolutely terrible, that GOD AWFUL kindergarten fight had no business being in the movie at all and the soundtrack was wretched. Farrell I thought was great as Bullseye. I think the majority of the movie's issues come down to the fact Mark Stephen Johnson simply cannot direct an action film if his life depended on it. See Ghost Rider.

As for Blade Trinity, keep to writing scripts and stay the hell away from directing Goyer. I almost got up and left the theater when Hannibal was arguing with Triple H about who's dick was bigger.

Michael Clarke Duncan was fine as Kingpin. There's not that many big guys that can do the things Kingpin does. I thought he was fine. I didn't even mind Affleck as Murdoch. Jennifer Garner was absolutely terrible, that GOD AWFUL kindergarten fight had no business being in the movie at all and the soundtrack was wretched. Farrell I thought was great as Bullseye. I think the majority of the movie's issues come down to the fact Mark Stephen Johnson simply cannot direct an action film if his life depended on it. See Ghost Rider.

As for Blade Trinity, keep to writing scripts and stay the hell away from directing Goyer. I almost got up and left the theater when Hannibal was arguing with Triple H about who's dick was bigger.

Goyer is actually not that bad a director though. Some of his other smaller budget stuff was a lot of fun. Blade 3 was just shit because of the extreme shift to silliness after the badassery of Blade 2.

And for Daredevil, I think it is a very underrated movie. Sure, Garner sucks ass and almost any scene she is in is wretched, but the rest of the cast did a good job. Affleck was actually not that bad (even though Damon would have been a better Murdoch in every way.). Ferrell was fantastic as Bullseye, but I did hate the "costume." But Duncan was great as Kingpin. He is the only actor out there I can think of that has the physical presence to pull off that character.
Oh, and Faverau was perfect as Foggy Nelson. If only we could have gotten Naomi Watts or someone as Karen Page.
The action did suck ass though. It was obvious that Mark Steven Johnson did have a lot of love for the character, but he just is not the right fit to direct these things. Maybe he should take the advice you want Goyer to follow. Stick to writing.

kunonabi

I remember the entire audience laughing their asses off because it sounded like she said "Elektra Nachos".

When her father pronounced it more clearly everyone went "ooohh that's what it is"

Nesotenso

New TDKR trailer with Avengers:

lmbzR.png

I'm positive this is going to be the best thing to come out of seeing The Avengers for me.

If the movie is going to be such a miserable experience for you, then why not spare yourself the agony ? The TDKR trailer will likely be online by then.

Raguel

Your point is?

I assume I won't like it
, but who knows? Maybe it'll strike a chord and I'll enjoy it.

Then why bother? What's the point of going into a movie hating it already? What's the point of doing something you don't like? No one is forcing you to come into the movie or to this thread to shit it up with your expert opinions. I mean hell, you're like Solo jr when it comes to marvel movies.
I just don't get why people bash things before they even experience it. Sure, if you still hate it after experiencing it, then fine, you have a valid reason to not like it. I have my distaste for certain genres and activities, but I don't constantly go and rub my dislike into everyone's face, especially to people who enjoy the things i don't like. It's like a freaking child incessantly whining that they don't want to do something.

Then why bother? What's the point of going into a movie hating it already? What's the point of doing something you don't like? No one is forcing you to come into the movie or to this thread to shit it up with your expert opinions. I mean hell, you're like Solo jr when it comes to marvel movies.
I just don't get why people bash things before they even experience it. Sure, if you still hate it after experiencing it, then fine, you have a valid reason to not like it. I have my distaste for certain genres and activities, but I don't constantly go and rub my dislike into everyone's face, especially to people who enjoy the things i don't like. It's like a freaking child incessantly whining that they don't want to do something.

This is the key here. Posters that do this always come across as immature and childish. The good thing is that 99% of the time they keep it up and wind up getting banned.

Do you go the the theater to watch all films you think are going to be bad in hopes that some small chance it's not?
No, this one's an exception though.

Do you also get mad at people who praise a film before they see it? Their's plenty of people in this thread praising the film for how "fun" it looks, why are they different from the people who think it looks like crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom