• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders |OT| Featuring The Worst Iron Fist - August 18th on Netflix

Pachimari

Omg she got new clothes...

Honestly, JJ S2 is what I worry the most about. (IF S2 doesn't count.) Kilgrave was a huge part of why the first season was great, but now he's dead. I like Jessica the most out of the four though, so I guess I just gotta see what they'll come up with next.
Just because Kilgrave is dead doesn't mean he won't be part of the second season though.

LotusHD

Banned
Just because Kilgrave is dead doesn't mean he won't be part of the second season though.

I'm aware, but I meant that a big reason the first season was great because he was the main villain. The 2nd season, that won't be happening, so I'm very interested in seeing how I'll like it.

Toa TAK

Banned
I can be the main villain for Season 2.

I can be, like, THE NICE GUY™ muhahahaahaha!

"Don't put me in the friendzone, Jessica!!!"

Man it's crazy how Kilgrave uses his powers mainly uses it for his own entertainment. Someone with his ability could change the whole world. Entire world governments and corporations changed by him.

The Kree

Banned
Man it's crazy how Kilgrave uses his powers mainly uses it for his own entertainment. Someone with his ability could change the whole world. Entire world governments and corporations changed by him.

DBRovO5VoAEUx9V.jpg

Comic books in a nutshell.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Do I even need to watch Iron Fist before this? I enjoyed the other three series, but I had no interest after those reviews.

I think there were two possible ways to make Diamondback work as the same character that was on the show. The first is the more obvious route of having him behind the scenes until season 2. Cottonmouth would be defeated and out of the picture, and he would come in as a whole different type of crime boss, and the show's tonal shift would be more acceptable because we would have had a break from season 1.

The second way, I think, would be to bring him in exactly the way they did and at the exact same time, except without offing Cottonmouth. So now Luke has to fight on two fronts with two very different opponents: Cottonmouth, whom he could easily beat in a fight but can't directly fight, and Diamondback, who gives him a physical run for his money. Taking them both on at the same time would have been more interesting than just fighting Diamondback while Mariah and Shades did whatever the hell it was they were doing.

Hyun Sai

I watched Iron Fist this week, and wow you guys weren't kidding. That was really amateur hour with so many stupid moments and characters (Danny being the most moronic of all) I don't even know where to start. At least Ward arc was midly entertaining, props to the actor doing a good job.

To Iron Fist show runners :

tumblr_op1vbzS2ep1tff90go1_500.gif

DMVfan123

Banned
I watched Iron Fist this week, and wow you guys weren't kidding. That was really amateur hour with so many stupid moments and characters (Danny being the most moronic of all) I don't even know where to start. At least Ward arc was midly entertaining, props to the actor doing a good job.

When Double Toasted starting bashing it I knew I would never watch the full series. I watched the last episode and looked up the Easter Eggs on YouTube to get context for the setup

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone better go straight to the end of episode 8 to see if there is a Punisher trailer / release date

Laieon

Jessica Jones is a mixed bag, half of it is really good and then you have the
siblings in the apartment, stupidity handling Kilgrave's capture, Hogarth's love life, and Nuke.

JJ is the only one of the 3 that I've watched (JJ, Daredevil, Luke Cage) that I've finished, I loved it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Back when Daredevil season 2 came out I was hyped AF for this.
Now I'm like zzzzzzzzzzz.
Maybe I'll give it a shot if I hear enough good things from people who hated Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Claire is going about to get Coulson'd, isn't she?

If by Coulson'd you mean she dies but gets revived then has her own show, then.... I hope so maybe?

I know what you mean, and it's gonna be the laziest and most obvious way to MOTIVATE THE TEAM ALSO STAKES so it's probably gonna happen, isn't it? =_=

Top Bottom