• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Probably something that's been asked pretty often, but is the ME2 CE limited to big sellers like GS/EB and Amazon or could I try to preorder somewhere less common like Blockbuster?

Vamphuntr

Fyrus said:
Probably something that's been asked pretty often, but is the ME2 CE limited to big sellers like GS/EB and Amazon or could I try to preorder somewhere less common like Blockbuster?

I presume you are in the US? Try best buy they still have some CE left according to this thread.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Vamphuntr said:
I presume you are in the US? Try best buy they still have some CE left according to this thread.
Yeah I'm in the US.

Closest Best Buy to me isn't really close :( but if there's nowhere else I can get it I'll just go there.

ShockingAlberto said:
EA waits until the last second before putting games on steam
Well its not that its on steam right now but you can't actually buy it yet. Maybe because they are worried about what happened with dragon age and the pricing error.

funkmasterb said:
4251471085_e347f228c6_b.jpg

:D

Who's that GENIUS dude? He's already my favorite.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fyrus said:
Blockbuster doesn't carry CE.

So am I the only one who somehow completely missed that "enemies of mass effect 2" video on xbl?
All sorts of cool legion and collector info I'd never seen before.

Twig

Banned
Shit mang I didn't know there was a Salarian party member in ME2!

I wanted a Salarian party member more than anything else in the first game!

Awesome!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Vamphuntr said:
It seems we have confirmation from a dev that there are only 19 weapons in the game (asides from the preorder stuff).

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=716408&forum=144&sp=15

Guess we'll be upgrading :D . No more annoying looting/inventory management too!

Thank the gods, I mean if ME had a loot system as awesome as Borderlands it would be cool but its no fun getting a thousand guns after a battle where each one is no where near as good as the ones you already have or can buy from C-Sec and the Requisitions officer. And modding guns is always fun, I hope they give us a lot of options to really tweak things the way we like them and not end up having us all using the same tier X mods as everyone else.

Also I finally figured out why Miranda's face is so weird, its because shes just like Pricilla Presley and had tons of Botox injected directly into face so now its perpetually plump with a creepy expression on her face at all times. She just looks bloated and puffy.

Vamphuntr

Wallach said:
Good route, IMO. Except for offering an entire weapon class (i.e. Blackstorm) only through pre-order bonus. That's kind of shit.

I doubt it's going to be that much powerful anyway. It's probably gonna be a gimmick. Sure the gamestop trailer make it seems like it's powerful with a huge singularity that disintegrates everything but I doubt in game it's gonna be like that. It's probably just an incentive for preorder. My guess is that it's gonna do the same thing as the adept's singularity maybe weaker and the weapon will probably have a huge drawback like overheating.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I just want my infiltrator to have HE rounds and 2x scram rails again.

Shit was real, all de time.

Wallach

Vamphuntr said:
I doubt it's going to be that much powerful anyway. It's probably gonna be a gimmick. Sure the gamestop trailer make it seems like it's powerful with a huge singularity that disintegrates everything but I doubt in game it's gonna be like that. It's probably just an incentive for preorder. My guess is that it's gonna do the same thing as the adept's singularity maybe weaker and the weapon will probably have a huge drawback like overheating.

Oh for sure, it's just annoying that an entire weapon class (when there's generally only 1-2 weapons per class) will be missing since I had to order from a different retailer. It's the completionist in me that is upset that you can't just get a CE anymore to get all the goodies, I guess.

The number of weapons in Mass Effect 2 is not even an issue, when you remember Mass Effect only had 9 weapons.

2 Assault Rifles + Geth Rifle
2 Shotguns
2 Sniper Rifles
2 Pistols

I just want more Assault Rifles as Soldiers are the best!

Xamdou said:
Who is Adam Baldwin suppose to do a VO of?

A Male Quarian aboard tali's ship in the Floitilla. Maybe an ex boyfirend of hers or something.

I also think he is a secret character to recruit maybe.

Not sure about all the Miranda complaints. Ashley's entire head is so deformed I turned her helmet graphic on whenever she's around. Liara had a round baby face, which I'm personally not into. Tali... yeah, Tali is the ultimate woman, screw Miranda.

Wiggum2007

I sincerely hope my fem shep isn't stuck with butch Subject Zero or granny Samara for female romance options, I better get Tali or Miranda, Bioware!

Twig

Banned
I'd fuck the Salarian before anything else in that universe.

those deep, dark, beautiful eyes, they just pull you in, mmm

I just finished Mass Effect for the 5th time (1st time on PC), that combined with the fact that i've avoided all knowledge of Mass Effect 2 completely...I didn't even know it was coming out this month...means my hype is now at a fever pitch. For me, this is probably the biggest gaming event of the year.

Xamdou said:
Her face looks exactly like that if you watch CHUCK :lol
Yeah, I really don't get the hate.

This is a comparison I made up real fast. Besides the angle not lining up exactly and the photo being in black and white, it works.
MirandaLawsonvsYvonneStrahovski.png

Outside or make-up and hair color, what's so different?

MCermak

I think it's more of an uncanny valley effect going on with the Miranda character. The actress she's based on is gorgeous. Something is just off about the game counterpart.

In some of the videos she looks okay though.

Ephemeris

I need that soldier video in my life. Hopefully it convinces me to stick with it. Biotics look like so much fun and bullet time.. doesn't.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
MCermak said:
I think it's more of an uncanny valley effect going on with the Miranda character. The actress she's based on is gorgeous. Something is just off about the game counterpart.

In some of the videos she looks okay though.

Her face seems to thick and therefor somewhat masculine, I think.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There is nothing wrong with Miranda's in-game face. Stop being so picky.

Dunkelgrau

Will the case of the collector's edition be completely flat or are there any print finishings or "bumps" on it?
It does not look like a "normal" steel case and the front cover could be made really complex. And the price is very high, too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really hope the Geth dont get demonised by the end of the trilogy. I'd love for Mass Effect 3 to involve rallying the Geth to ally with you, and have them take place in the final battle. They're one of the few 'badguys' in games that really arn't bad at all.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
EatChildren said:
I really hope the Geth dont get demonised by the end of the trilogy. I'd love for Mass Effect 3 to involve rallying the Geth to ally with you, and have them take place in the final battle. They're one of the few 'badguys' in games that really arn't bad at all.

I hope we get to wipe all of them out and reclaim Tali's homeworld :D.

What do you mean they aren't bad guys? They kill everything with a heartbeat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom