• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Mithos

I'm trying to trigger the:
Kelly Chambers Cabin Dancing
^^

I know I can not have an active Love Interest when going through Omega 4 relay.
But I'm wondering can I go through each possible characters Love Interest lines to get all Paragon/Renegade points and then dump them and still trigger this?
Ohh and does Liara count for this also, aka should I do Shadow Broker after finish the game or can I do it before and keep Liara as my Love Interest?

Darklord said:
I finished Shadow Broker. A side from a few annoying bugs(crashed once, glitched once and screwed my save up, thankfully I had one about 15 minutes earlier) it was a really good piece of DLC.

One question though
If I didn't start a relationship with Liara in the first game, am I forever stuck in the friend zone now? After this, I'd much prefer her. I'm guessing she'll be in 3 as well. I spoke with her and she went up to the ship but just spoke a bit and left.
stuck in the friend zone :(

Mithos said:
I'm trying to trigger the:
Kelly Chambers Cabin Dancing
^^

I know I can not have an active Love Interest when going through Omega 4 relay.
But I'm wondering can I go through each possible characters Love Interest lines to get all Paragon/Renegade points and then dump them and still trigger this?
Ohh and does Liara count for this also, aka should I do Shadow Broker after finish the game or can I do it before and keep Liara as my Love Interest?
maybe? http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Kelly_Chambers
Shepard currently has no existing romance partners
at the end of the game. I don't know, I've never tried it, but that sounds like a fun experiment lol :) I don't think Liara counts
Omiee said:
is there anyway to play this with a controller on the pc
If it's possible I don't think you would want to use one becuase there is no "controller aim assist" in the game (need to mess around with coalesced.ini aim variables). It would make it a lot harder to play.

Darklord

Banned
MrTroubleMaker said:
stuck in the friend zone :(

FUUUUUUUU. Even Shepard seemed bummed when she left. This is what annoys me about save files moving over. If I want to change this I gotta do 20+ hours of ME1, then restart 2. But I'm one of those people who wants things a specific way in games like this. I already went back 4 hours to save 1 save member. I don't wanna play ME1 again I've done it 3 times already. :(

God, the other versions need that interactive comic thing PS3 has. Even if only for people who own ME1!

Darklord said:
FUUUUUUUU. Even Shepard seemed bummed when she left. This is what annoys me about save files moving over. If I want to change this I gotta do 20+ hours of ME1, then restart 2. :|

God, the other versions need that interactive comic thing PS3 has. Even if only for people who own ME1!

There's a website that has save files for every possible combination of decisions, but I would assume that it's only for the PC version.

Darklord

Banned
BritBloke916 said:
There's a website that has save files for every possible combination of decisions, but I would assume that it's only for the PC version.

I'd still have to replay ME2 the exact same way again then to get the right save. Maybe I'll look for it though.

pahamrick

Darklord said:
FUUUUUUUU. Even Shepard seemed bummed when she left. This is what annoys me about save files moving over. If I want to change this I gotta do 20+ hours of ME1, then restart 2. But I'm one of those people who wants things a specific way in games like this. I already went back 4 hours to save 1 save member. I don't wanna play ME1 again I've done it 3 times already. :(

Why not just use Gibbed's ME2 save editor? I think you'll need to start a new ME2 game, but once you're able to save for the first time you can load up the save in the editor and change all the flags, including romances for ME1. Once you've done that, set it in the editor that you completed ME2 and you can start a new game by importing a ME2 character. Select the edited save and you'll start from the beginning with any ME1 choices and romance you selected.

sam27368

Banned
Omiee said:
is there anyway to play this with a controller on the pc
Yeh there's a really good hack that adds the graphics for the Xbox 360 controller as well as the controls themselves.
Although the weapon and power wheel take a while to get used to, it's entirely different.

http:/social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1375781/1

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The friendly AI is getting on my nerves...

I understand it's hard to program good AI and they're generally retarded in pretty much every game, but is it so hard to have them actually listen to your commands?

Just fucking stay where I put you for christ's sake. And stop using powers you dumb fucks!?

haha omg... it's driving me nuts.

They have an option in the menu to control squad powers but it's completely pointless since they'll use them anyway. Every time I open the menu their shit is on cooldown... where's the "only shoot guns" option in them menu so I can actually control the battles.

sam27368 said:
Yeh there's a really good hack that adds the graphics for the Xbox 360 controller as well as the controls themselves.
Although the weapon and power wheel take a while to get used to, it's entirely different.

http:/social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1375781/1
lol wow someone actually got it to work, that's cool

recklessmind said:
They have an option in the menu to control squad powers but it's completely pointless since they'll use them anyway. Every time I open the menu their shit is on cooldown... where's the "only shoot guns" option in them menu so I can actually control the battles.
I thought that one of the patch's should have fixed this? :( the site is down, can't check
http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-patches

edit: looks like they fixed ammo powers, doesn't look like this will help you

I played ME2 first on PC at release and to be very honest i was bitterly disappointed by alot of the design choices. Playing the game vanilla without the DLC (Dragon Age taught me not to buy DLC on PC games from Bioware) i found it very bland and felt that outside the recruiting missions the story really didn't go anywhere.

I recently bought it and played in on PS3 however with all the DLC and whooaaa did i enjoy the game a whole lot more. Having more weapons and armour for one thing restored alot of that lost "RPG feeling" that i felt was missing with the vanilla game. Then the DLC missions were absolutely phenomenal!!! ME2 with all the DLC is really what should have come in the original box at first release. With all the DLC it actually felt like a full, epic and complete sequel to ME1 and not just some stripped down, dumbed down, rushed half-assed effort.

I hope Bioware can keep up with the design philosophy they had with the DLC pack in terms of mission variety and structure in ME3. If we can get a boat load of story missions and side missions of the same level of quality as "Lair of the Shadow broker" then we will have a real winner on our hands with ME3 :-D

I'm giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt ;-)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Whoops, didn't realize there was a new official thread for this. I'm halfway through and completely loving it. I just find it irritating that you have to totally start over to switch character class. I know that is kind of standard, but this game is much less RPG than other RPGs and there is a means of redistributing ability points so why not have a means of changing class when you do that as well?

Shepard allows me to be the perfect badass. Not just a dick in general, or evil, or some hardass who doesn't know how to have fun, but a badass who doesn't put up with shit he doesn't like yet can still be supportive of people and things he likes. Some other games kind of let you do this, but usually at great consequence, closing a lot of content to you while barely opening up anything worthwhile. This however, pretty much still lets you do everything you could ever want except try to juggle multiple romantic commitments, which is understandable in terms of realism as well as storytelling.

Evolved1

Figured there would be some perk for hitting full paragon... like a bonus power or trophy or something.

Kinda surprised when nothing happened... since the game constantly prompts you for even making progress toward achievements (you've unlocked 3/5 weapon upgrades).

Then I hit full paragon and I'm like... wait, nothing? seriously? lol

recklessmind said:
Figured there would be some perk for hitting full paragon... like a bonus power or trophy or something.

Kinda surprised when nothing happened... since the game constantly prompts you for even making progress toward achievements (you've unlocked 3/5 weapon upgrades).

Then I hit full paragon and I'm like... wait, nothing? seriously? lol

Lol yeah I know what You mean it's so uneventful.

Just got done taking down the Shadow Broker, was awesome as hell. Using Slam with Miranda with the lightning doing the rest. awesome. Tried to not make that too spoilerific.

Evolved1

I'm missing some person on my team... I have everyone else w/ full loyalty (well all except the Justicar) but one spot is empty and I don't have a dossier or mission to recruit the last person.

Is that normal?

Is it a DLC thing?

X-Frame

recklessmind said:
I'm missing some person on my team... I have everyone else w/ full loyalty (well all except the Justicar) but one spot is empty and I don't have a dossier or mission to recruit the last person.

Is that normal?

Is it a DLC thing?

Kasumi?

recklessmind said:

Is that normal?

Is it a DLC thing?

It is I think, because I'm at the same spot. When you try to get the Reaper IFF I think it'll get filled.

And by think I mean know since it was spoiled for me. =/

Hixx

recklessmind said:

Is that normal?

Is it a DLC thing?

Have you met Legion?

Evolved1

X-Frame said:

Got her.

I think it's like the third spot from the left iirc... not right in front of me atm.

The weird part is that Illusive Man never sent a dossier... so I have no idea where to recruit the last person.

I could look it up... was trying to avoid spoilers though. Just wondering if it's normal to not have everyone after 30hrs into the game. Seems like I'm nearing the end.

xKilltheMx said:
It is I think, because I'm at the same spot. When you try to get the Reaper IFF I think it'll get filled.

And by think I mean know since it was spoiled for me. =/

Oh ok... thanks

HixxSAFC said:
Have you met Legion?

Nope... ok guess I'll just keep playing.

recklessmind said:
Got her.

I think it's like the third spot from the left iirc... not right in front of me atm.

The weird part is that Illusive Man never sent a dossier... so I have no idea where to recruit the last person.

I could look it up... was trying to avoid spoilers though. Just wondering if it's normal to not have everyone after 30hrs into the game. Seems like I'm nearing the end.

Dont look it up. Thats what happened to me. Just play. Im at the same amount of time and everything. Just got all loyalty quest done yesterday. Do all your loyalty quest then go to IFF and I'm pretty sure the last person comes in there.

The spoiler up above tells you the persons name btw.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
recklessmind said:
Got her.

The spot between Zaeed and Samara? It's normal, don't worry and keep playing.

Evolved1

xKilltheMx said:
Dont look it up. Thats what happened to me. Just play. Im at the same amount of time and everything. Just got all loyalty quest done yesterday. Do all your loyalty quest then go to IFF and I'm pretty sure the last person comes in there.

The spoiler up above tells you the persons name btw.

Yeah... thanks. I read the name but I have no idea what it means, so nothing spoiled... :)

I'll avoid faq's whenever possible.

Game is pretty fun, but it's kinda repetitive.

Neki

Who do you guys think is a better romance? Miranda is super hot, but Tali just has a way better relationship with Shepard with all the history, tough choice. Don't even talk about Jack. D:

recklessmind said:
Yeah... thanks. I read the name but I have no idea what it means, so nothing spoiled... :)

I'll avoid faq's whenever possible.

Game is pretty fun, but it's kinda repetitive.

I agree, Shadow Broker Quest is a nice change of pace. Kinda meh controls but the scenario they were trying to present was fantastic. That's some of the best DLC I've ever played.

Edit.

I'd pick neither If it was really me because they all have their fair share of problems. But for the game....I guess Tali since they have some sort of true history (even though a kiss is gonna send her to the hospital and shit) and Miranda is sterile and all...Liara is the best choice =p

Neki

xKilltheMx said:
I agree, Shadow Broker Quest is a nice change of pace. Kinda meh controls but the scenario they were trying to present was fantastic. That's some of the best DLC I've ever played.

Edit.

I'd pick neither If it was really me because they all have their fair share of problems. But for the game....I guess Tali since they have some sort of true history (even though a kiss is gonna send her to the hospital and shit) and Miranda is sterile and all...Liara is the best choice =p

Do you mean her personality is sterile or...?

Dice

I'm telling you guys, Liara is the way to go. All these headcases will do Shepard no good and can't give him the super-sex he deserves for saving the galaxy.

Reaper IFF HERE I COME....Please dont destroy me =[

Dice said:
I'm telling you guys, Liara is the way to go. All these headcases will do Shepard no good and can't give him the super-sex he deserves for saving the galaxy.

This man knows what he's talking about. The rest of them are batshit insane. Liara is the only I'd put MY penis into.

Neki

Doesn't say anything in the ME wiki about her sterileness, but if it's true, it's fine, Shepard and her can just have genetically engineered babies, she'll give the looks, and Shepard will give everything else.

Ultimoo said:
Doesn't say anything in the ME wiki about her sterileness, but if it's true, it's fine, Shepard and her can just have genetically engineered babies, she'll give the looks, and Shepard will give everything else.

Could've swore I just read it in the Shadow Brokers Lair. Maybe I misread it but It was a message telling her she was unable to get pregnant.

Edit: Holy shit this damn level is kicking my ass. All these armored mofos and the swarms, even my Wide Singularity cant handle it all. I've used like 4 medkits when I've used them like one or twice tops all throughout.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Ultimoo said:
After beating the Shadow Broker DLC, you can check the dossiers on various characters for additional info and fun tidbits. It's there.

Also Garrus romance is best romance.

Dice

You should get like 50 renegade points for leading them on to the end and dropping them at the last moment. That is some cold shit. Make it 100 if you do it to Tali.

pakkit

Banned
I bought this game despite finding ME1's pacing to be too slow for my liking. I'm a completionist at heart, but with a full time job I just don't have the time to lend to a expansive game such as ME1. The framerate and sloppy combat also killed much of the enjoyment I had expected out of Mass Effect. I've heard that ME2 is much more streamlined (some say to its detriment). What say you?

pakkit said:
I bought this game despite finding ME1's pacing to be too slow for my liking. I'm a completionist at heart, but with a full time job I just don't have the time to lend to a expansive game such as ME1. The framerate and sloppy combat also killed much of the enjoyment I had expected out of Mass Effect. I've heard that ME2 is much more streamlined (some say to its detriment). What say you?

It's a big improvement imo. Very streamlined.

jackdoe

pakkit said:
It would have been a detriment if I was still in high school and had time to kill. But I don't and I feel that the pacing of the game allows you to play it in short bursts while feeling like you accomplished something.

Dice

I can only speak for the PC version, which is so simple I was thrown off because I'm used to PC controls being a pain in the ass. "Oh, you just push Space" was a consistent theme for a while.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Yeah, it's usually straight to the point. You'll get access to your own ship shortly after starting along with a bunch of storyline missions that can be taken on whatever order you prefer and are mostly self-contained, so they lend themselves well to short sessions. You pick up sidequests along the way and the galaxy map does a good job of reminding you what you've got pending and where it is.

Combat is a big upgrade, framerate is better than the first (well, may vary for PC users depending on specs). And no Mako! Goddamn I hated that thing.

ME2 is much more fun to play IMO.

gdt

pakkit said:

ME2 is like a fucking bullet. Detriment my ass.

iNvid02

I'm playing with a 360 pad on PC using pinnacle game profiler, there is no official profile but a guy on the forums created his own one, pretty good actually, similar to console controls i think. 360 controller support should be mandatory though

edit: im pretty new to mass effect, so many awards but i kept putting it off because of other games. i've just recruited fishboy (thane), progressing slow and exploring everything, gonna move onto dlc next, should keep me busy for a while.

Dude, wtf I did the Shadow Broker Mission...and now Liara's photo is face down!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why!? Is this normal? I dont want those crazy wimminz.

edit: oh wow saying that extra stuff to miranda did it...not shadow broker. I thought that only happened once you decided to go all the way. =/

editedit: Yay cancelled that BS with Miranda and now Liara is back in the game =]

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
xKilltheMx said:
Dude, wtf I did the Shadow Broker Mission...and now Liara's photo is face down!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why!? Is this normal? I dont want those crazy wimminz.
Can't you go back and invite her for a drink?

Dobkeratops said:
Can't you go back and invite her for a drink?

Doing it now.

Done. I'd still have to go cancel that thing with Miranda for Liara's picture to come back up. Im done for now. Dont feel like dealing with it right now.

Ultimoo said:
Who do you guys think is a better romance? Miranda is super hot, but Tali just has a way better relationship with Shepard with all the history, tough choice. Don't even talk about Jack. D:

Tali's history with Shepard is almost non existent.

Shle asked her about the Flotilla a few times and maybe(not definite, depending on player choice) gives her something for her pilgrimage.

Didn't help that, prior to ME2, she didn't have much of a personality.

Chose to stay true to my space racist. :p

Melchiah

After the Shadow Broker mission, you have an access to certain video files. I wonder who that
Asari was, and why (s)he was staring at L'iara's photograph
?

My Cindy Shepard had her way with Kelly, but still managed to revive the romance with L'iara. Damn shame, neither of them gets me the Paramour trophy. Kinda funny actually. L'iara's photo is in my cabin, yet I can still invite Kelly there for some afternoon delight.

Top Bottom