• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

So I just went through the Omega-4 Relay but I didn't
activate Legion
and after
Jack's loyalty mission I lost Miranda's loyalty
. How boned am I?

Die Squirrel Die said:
activate Legion
and after
. How boned am I?

Not very unless your intent is to get the achievements/trophies for everyone surviving. If you are, avoid using Miranda, but definitely use
Jack as the shield for part 2

JoeBoy101

HK-47 said:
Man Legion was one of the redeeming things about this game. Kinda wish you didnt get him so late and there was interparty conversations.

Plus his loyalty mission had one of the tougher moral choices to make. Kinda funny when you consider 'Its all 1's and 0's.'

Melchiah said:
You should have used the spoiler tags for the majority of that post.

Really? Only thing I mentioned was Legion (which has been unspoiled for a while) and his loyalty mission. Nonetheless, I will acquiesce.

Cyborg

In my first playtrough as a good guy Jack and Zaeed died.......will this effect Mass Effect 3?
In my second playthrough as a badass evereybody survived.... and
I kept the ship
Will I be able to choose in ME3 wich file I want to uploaD?

megalowho

Cyborg said:
In my first playtrough as a good guy Jack and Zaeed died.......will this effect Mass Effect 3?
In my second playthrough as a badass evereybody survived.... and
I kept the ship
Will I be able to choose in ME3 wich file I want to uploaD?
If ME2 is any indication, then yes.

Coxswain

Die Squirrel Die said:
activate Legion
and after
. How boned am I?
You're probably fine; I've pulled everyone through alive while missing a couple people and with only four or five loyal members. Just don't make any dumb decisions, and go out of your way to watch out for Mordin.

What the hell? I'm at the
Human-Reaper taking out the tubes
and my M-920 Cain just refuses to shoot anymore. It's at 90 ammo but when I try charge up a shot it does nothing.

Edit: Just said fuck it. 2 sniper shots per tube, wasn't worth the hassle getting this fucking heavy weapon to work properly.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
The Cain requires at least 100% ammo to fire. Meaning you'd at the very best get 2 shots.

Also you should probably use a lesser weapon for
the tubes

jackdoe

Dobkeratops said:
The Cain requires at least 100% ammo to fire. Meaning you'd at the very best get 2 shots.

Also you should probably use a lesser weapon for
the tubes
The Widow sniper rifle is so ridiculously overpowered that you don't need Cain for the final boss.

I think I did it, I think I kept everyone alive.

Edit: Everyone survived. Checked a wiki and I have done all the assignments. Just a few more missions and I'll be done with this playthrough. Miranda still won't talk to me, I have Paragon and Renegade options but they are greyed out so I don't know if that means I can never win her back round or just I need to increase my alignment a bit more, because going by the status screen I'm either full Para or a miniscule imperceptible sliver away. Does anything glow or flash to indicate if you've maxed out an alignment?

All in all, I think I'm happy with this save as a transfer to ME3.

jackdoe

Dobkeratops said:
Only soldiers and infiltrators can get the Widow upgrade though.
True. That's why my favorite class is infiltrator. Cloaking badass with a ninja mask and a large anti-material sniper rifle that one hit kills most enemies.

Melchiah

JoeBoy101 said:
Really? Only thing I mentioned was Legion (which has been unspoiled for a while) and his loyalty mission. Nonetheless, I will acquiesce.

And that
it was Geth, and as far as I'm concerned having a Geth in you team was one of the most surprising things in the game.
But perhaps I missed the part where it was already posted without spoiler tags.

Melchiah said:
And that
it was Geth, and as far as I'm concerned having a Geth in you team was one of the most surprising things in the game.
But perhaps I missed the part where it was already posted without spoiler tags.

No it hasn't respect people playing on PS3 the first time.

Yoshichan said:
Just bought this (PS3) instead of Dragon Age 2... hopefully this was a good choice.

Fucking loved the demo of this.
Enjoy! Just keep in mind that the main story doesn't really progress. This game is all about your squad.

Looks like I've lost Miranda's loyalty forever. I'm as Paragon as Paragon can be but she still won't let me persuade her back.

Still, just got the Illium
Hacking mission and Lair of the Shadow Broker
and I'm done, and as I said I'm happy with where this character is for ME3.

Going to roll a FemShep for a Renegade run through, not sure what class yet. Something with more powers.

Melchiah

Die Squirrel Die said:
Looks like I've lost Miranda's loyalty forever. I'm as Paragon as Paragon can be but she still won't let me persuade her back.

According to ME Wiki, you have to have high Paragon/Renegade stats in order to stop
Miranda and Jack
fighting without losing either one's loyalty. You should postpone one of their loyalty missions until you have high enough stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Enjoy! Just keep in mind that the main story doesn't really progress. This game is all about your squad.
I don't even know the main story of Mass Effect :(

Melchiah said:
According to ME Wiki, you have to have high Paragon/Renegade stats in order to stop
Miranda and Jack
fighting without losing either one's loyalty. You should postpone one of their loyalty missions until you have high enough stats.

It's a bit too late for that. It also says that you can regain the lost loyalty later if you have a high enough Para/Ren level. Now my Para is full and when I talk to Miranda there is an option in the top left of the wheel but it's greyed out. My Ren's only about halfway up the first section with only a few missions left. I'll keep trying as I finish up the last few missions but I think I may have to accept this one as a lost cause.

Patryn

Die Squirrel Die said:
It's a bit too late for that. It also says that you can regain the lost loyalty later if you have a high enough Para/Ren level. Now my Para is full and when I talk to Miranda there is an option in the top left of the wheel but it's greyed out. My Ren's only about halfway up the first section with only a few missions left. I'll keep trying as I finish up the last few missions but I think I may have to accept this one as a lost cause.

Have you tried respeccing to gain the 100 percent bonus to para/ren for maxing your class skill?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Renegading Jack & Tali's loyalty missions

I felt good about telling off the Quarians, but now this idiot sends me some message about using her father's research. My choices with Legion mean that ME3 is gonna be messy and I love it.

Encouraging Jack to cap that guy was the most evil thing I did in this game. I actually reloaded from my save just before that room and tried it the other ways to see how they played out. I didn't want to let the guy go, so I went the talking way. But just something about the way he talked to her, it seems like it fucked her up in the head even more, even to where it'll be dangerous if the Reapers influence/tempt her right. Also, telling Jack and Miranda they can brawl when we beat the Collectors just seemed like a bad idea.

Oh well, pretty sure my Renegade bar is maxed now but it might be at 99% or something. How can you tell?

Melchiah

Die Squirrel Die said:

I dunno whether it can be redeemed, perhaps you can find some info here: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

Luckily I postponed the loyalty missions of Miranda and Jacob until the end, as I wasn't that interested in those characters, especially Jacob. The only mission I chose to use him was his loyalty mission.

Dice said:
Oh well, pretty sure my Renegade bar is maxed now but it might be at 99% or something. How can you tell?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I think my Paragon bar is at maximum, and there's about 5-10% on the Renegade side, yet I haven't seen any notification whatsoever of reaching 100%.

Rufus

Dice said:
My choices with Legion mean that ME3 is gonna be messy and I love it.
It might, but it's sure as shit not going to have anything to do with whatever choice we had in ME2. They're not going to expend that much time and money to account for that on a truly meaningful level and I don't expect any elegant writing to make up for the fact. Don't even get your hopes up about that. How the choices figure into it is going to be decided once the plot is set.

Here's three scenarios, it's going to be one of them:
Geth help fight reapers, your choices don't matter.
Geth help reapers fight, your choices don't matter.
Geth factions help both, your choices don't matter.

The most meaningful decisions you can make are concerning your party members, because those are easier to account for, albeit for a somewhat depressing reason. None of them except Liara figure into the plot. Every single person except Liara can die, so Bioware can't rely on anyone being part of the party in ME3. Expect disappointing compromises.
Look at how they handled Ashley/Kaiden in ME2. "You're alive!?" - "Yeah!" - "You work for Cerberus." - "Oh yeah!?" - "YEAH! Anyway, nice to see you, bye." - "..."
Wrex at least had a good reason to be where he is in ME2. Liara, who is only slightly more interesting as a character than Kaiden received most of the attention.
There are even more characters now. Mordin is old, so he might get a cameo/glorious-send off, Thane is terminal, same treatment. Kasumi and Zaeed were DLC, so who knows? Maybe an email. Liara is the only one who is definitely going to be in ME3 and she's not likely to be a party member again, so...

This whole choices, choices BS is a dead end in AAA games.

Dries

I got a Mass Effect 1 question and here's thinking it will get a better response than in the ME1 thread ;p

It's kinda annoying me that, say, if I equip Garrus with my best assault rifle, that rifle sticks with him and therefore on a next mission I can't give that rifle to, let's say, Ashley. Same goes for upgrades and armour etc. Do I really have to manually unequip every piece of equipment only to ''unlock'' it so I can give it to others party members?

jcm

I'm glad I've already finished the game, because you guys are posting some real spoilers unmarked. Maybe we need a separate spoiler thread?

Dries said:
It's kinda annoying me that, say, if I equip Garrus with my best assault rifle, that rifle sticks with him and therefore on a next mission I can't give that rifle to, let's say, Ashley. Same goes for upgrades and armour etc. Do I really have to manually unequip every piece of equipment only to ''unlock'' it so I can give it to others party members?
Unfortunately, yes, you have to re-equip it to a new person every time. Your only real options are deal with it, find/buy another, or just stick with one squadmate.
I suppose you could always just have one stick to a good pistol/shotgun while the other sticks with assault rifle.

This is taken care of in 2 because you just "unlock" or find a weapon and any teammate can equip it as long as it fits their class. No need to worry about multiples.

When I was on my first run through, I tended to give two teammates the best items, give their previous weapons to my second choice of two, and theirs to the last two. I saved my best squadmates for the main story missions and the other sets for when I would do side quests.
This proved to not be the best approach in terms of squad achievements, but I liked having the variety.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finished it.

Turned out not the omfg experience as I was led out to believe.
The dialogue choices are really superficial. It basically boils down to 2 choices. I swear I can play this game in Chinese and still get my desired outcome.
The mission (like 95%) is basically you going thru a set path and kill everybody in your way till you complete the mission. It's a good game and I will buy and play the third one, but I think they streamlined it a bit to much.

Dries

Typographenia said:
Unfortunately, yes, you have to re-equip it to a new person every time. Your only real options are deal with it, find/buy another, or just stick with one squadmate.
I suppose you could always just have one stick to a good pistol/shotgun while the other sticks with assault rifle.

This is taken care of in 2 because you just "unlock" or find a weapon and any teammate can equip it as long as it fits their class. No need to worry about multiples.

When I was on my first run through, I tended to give two teammates the best items, give their previous weapons to my second choice of two, and theirs to the last two. I saved my best squadmates for the main story missions and the other sets for when I would do side quests.
This proved to not be the best approach in terms of squad achievements, but I liked having the variety.

Sucks.. But thanks for the answer dude :) appreciate it.

Dice

Finished Overlord, it was pretty lame. Nothing in my way from just finishing the game now and I think I will.

I got my answer for the Renegade bar. Basically, it's full of crap. There are 1000 possible points in the game and with a save editor I found out I have 946. Apparently the way you pass a speech test depends on how many points you got out of the ones that became available to you along with your influence bonus from Shepard's training.

Anyway, I wasn't a complete asshole in every single situation and conversation so I won't be getting 1000 Renegade points.

Dice

Okay, all done. Everyone survived.

Stuff with Legion was awesome. Geth are cool. The Geth virus happened apart from the Reapers and is destroyed now, so I don't think they'll be reprogrammed. If anything the Geth actually seem like they'll be less susceptible to Reaper influence than organic minds. Only have N7 missions now so I hope I can use him in ME3. Seems like everything will directly transfer.

A Reaper-making factory? OF COURSE I blew it up! First, we don't have to know how to make more or even have one more possibility left in the universe. Second, the damn thing had a direct link to Harbinger allow him control of Collectors. You saw on the IFF mission how Reaper influence works on anything. Third, their technology is too advanced to study and do anything with before Reapers arrive.

LOL @ Kelly's email. I didn't know that's how she tips you off and it was completely unexpected after she notified me of it like she would any other email.

Melchiah

Dice said:
LOL @ Kelly's email. I didn't know that's how she tips you off and it was completely unexpected after she notified me of it like she would any other email.

That was absolutely hilarious.
"Commander, you have a new message." -> o_O

Dries

Also wondering (yeah yeah another ME1 question)..is Pinnacle Station worth my MSP? Does it include any story or whatnot? Cause when I read the description it sounds ''only'' like a combat simulator...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dries said:
Also wondering (yeah yeah another ME1 question)..is Pinnacle Station worth my MSP? Does it include any story or whatnot? Cause when I read the description it sounds ''only'' like a combat simulator...

Absolutely not. Its fucking shit and not worth a cent. It is nothing but a combat simulator (a shitty one at that).

Lothars

Dries said:

It's not bad but it is just a combat simulator that gives you an house or something when you beat it but I would wait till it goes on sale again.

Sai

Tylahedras said:
I'm playing Horizon as an infiltrator on the hardest setting and I am just getting my ass kicked by the damn Husks.
SMG(or Pistol?) with Armor Piercing Ammo, if you have it. Aim for the legs.

I've never tried it, but I imagine Cyro Ammo would be pretty effective too. Freeze 'em up while your squadmates clean-up.

Arjen

Bioware posted a new screenshot today regarding Mass Effect 2, i assume this has someting to do with the new DLC

1z1s21s.jpg

/edit
Totally missed that other thread, my bad

Sai said:
I've never tried it, but I imagine Cyro Ammo would be pretty effective too. Freeze 'em up while your squadmates clean-up.
No need for "clean-up", Husks instantly die upon being frozen.

Use Squad Cryo if you can get it at that point. Try to heard them together and use Incinerate to hit as many as you can. After their armor is down all it takes is 1 pistol shot with Squad Cryo and they're dead.

Atruvius

Just finished my Insanity run with my soldier and the game easier than I thought on Insanity. Hardest part was turret enemies on the first planet that you can get to. I only used Miranda and Grunt. The last mission wasn't very hard, almost felt easier than on my first run.
Tali, Miranda, Garrus, Jacob, Thane, Mordin and Kasumi got killed

Probably going to start my fourth playthrough, but now with female Shepard and on the easiest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Here's my problem with this game.

I started playing today, and I really can't move away from it. It's really, really, addicting... game time's at 13 hours and I had to take a break so that I can eat something :lol

Oh God.

Lakitu

st5fu
Tell me about it. I'm on my 4th playthrough right now, nearing the end, but this is my ultimate character (remains faithful to Ashley -- that's right) that I'm going to take into ME 3.

Yoshichan

YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!

So I decided to keep doing side quests until pretty much every mission said I had to go to a planet that I had no clue how to get to...

Then I found the Mass Relay...

And now I know how huge this fucking game is!

WOW, I'M LOVING IT! SOOOOO GOOD!

Top Bottom