• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Illusive Man: "You always have a choice"

2m2ulg2.jpg

Edit: Also another thing that bugs me. Cerberus is supposed to be a covert organization, or at least rely on subterfuge. How the hell does everyone know about Cerberus and can identify their agents on sight.

Lostconfused said:
Illusive Man: "You always have a choice"

2m2ulg2.jpg

"Obey" and "Grudgingly obey" are still choices.

Problem?
IWEFg.png

Lostconfused said:
Edit: Also another thing that bugs me. Cerberus is supposed to be a covert organization, or at least rely on subterfuge. How the hell does everyone know about Cerberus and can identify their agents on sight.

They have a logo pasted on everything they own, for one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, this game.

And when I thought this game couldn't get any better... Tali shows up... I want to fucking marry her in real life ;_;

Yoshichan said:
Wow, this game.

And when I thought this game couldn't get any better... Tali shows up... I want to fucking marry her in real life ;_;

Holy crap, a real Talimancer.

I thought they were just myths.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fimbulvetr said:
Holy crap, a real Talimancer.

I thought they were just myths.
Sarcasm right ;o? Because I thought everyone loved Tali!

Lakitu

st5fu
Just finishing up my fourth and final playthrough for ME 3... completed the suicide mission (with everyone intact), every upgrade available, made the choices I wanted to take through primarily and all I have to do now is LOTSB. Then I'll be ready for Arrival in a couple of weeks and ME 3.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tali is pathetic. She probably looks like a space mouse under the mask.

Uh oh, it's turning into a Tali war.
Tali's newest costume has her wearing a visor inside her helmet. How is that not awesome?
I will admit,
that stupid "feel your skin against mine" line was pretty awful,
but other than that Tali's a pretty cool squadmate.

Best teammates in first and second games are all those aliens; Tali, Garrus, Mordin and Wrex.
All you aliens, why are you so cool?

Only teammates I didn't like are Jacob and Kaiden. They're just so... boring.

Alucrid said:

How? I want this lifestyle.

I've complete the game with every upgrade possible, all N7 missions done and all missions on Citadel, Illium, Omega and Tuchanka completed. I've explore every system of every cluster to get full 100% and I'm just over 35 hours.

I don't understand how people can go all the way up to 50+ hours with one single game...

Dice

UnluckyKate said:
I've complete the game with every upgrade possible, all N7 missions done and all missions on Citadel, Illium, Omega and Tuchanka completed. I've explore every system of every cluster to get full 100% and I'm just over 35 hours.

I don't understand how people can go all the way up to 50+ hours with one single game...
Oh, you're one of those.

Lakitu

st5fu
UnluckyKate said:

It's taken me 43 hours to complete the game on my 4th playthrough, and that's with me knowing how to do every mission and I've still yet to do LOTSB. It's longer than the original, that's for sure.

Yoshichan

You guys are insane

She's SUPER cute inside the helm

X-Frame

I'm going to be honest -- I don't think BioWare is going to reveal Tali's face in ME3. Not for a second.

I think they're going to leave it up to the imagination forever, which I think is a smart move.

That, or wait to do it for ME3 DLC.

X-Frame said:
I'm going to be honest -- I don't think BioWare is going to reveal Tali's face in ME3. Not for a second.

I think they're going to leave it up to the imagination forever, which I think is a smart move.

That, or wait to do it for ME3 DLC.

It'd be funny if they just did it as costume DLC. no mask, just awesome sunglasses!

Lothars

The Invisible Man said:
I'm hoping for a ME2 GOTY edition with all the DLC included for PC.

One complete package on Steam would be excellent!

Make it happen, serah!

It will happen, after Arrival is out than they will be releasing the GOTY edition just like they did for Dragon Age.

DD-11 said:
Is the DLC worth it outside of the shadow broker?

I think it is, I like Kasumi and Overlord both are good dlc plus there's also appearance packs and the firepower pack.

Decided to double-dip and get the PS3 version. I was going to wait longer but the Lair of the Shadow Broker is bugged in my PC version and I had a Best Buy gift card laying around, so...

What about the bug in the PS3 version that can wipe saves and/or the whole HDD or something -- has that been patched?

Ok, so I'm thinking about picking up the PS3 version and I have a few questions:

1. I HATED the demo, the shooting was complete shit but I liked the dialog and interaction with the characters, does it make up for the terrible gameplay?

2. I don't like RPGs like the FF series, but I don't mind RPG elements like leveling up and stuff, will I like this?

3. I hate stuff like Star-Trek and Stargate because they're so damn cheesy, is it the case here?

4. How can I access the DLC packs, and are they available AFTER I beat the game as well? I don't want to miss them.

5. Is the save-corrupting bug from a while back still here, or have they patched it?

Thanks guys!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
1. I HATED the demo, the shooting was complete shit but I liked the dialog and interaction with the characters, does it make up for the terrible gameplay?

BioWare has never been about the gameplay. If you can't stand the gameplay of the demo you're not going to want to stay for the entire game because it's mostly just coverbased shooting.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
2. I don't like RPGs like the FF series, but I don't mind RPG elements like leveling up and stuff, will I like this?

Hard to say. It's not going to make the shooting any better.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
3. I hate stuff like Star-Trek and Stargate because they're so damn cheesy, is it the case here?

Mass Effect is really just the best of Star Trek, Babylon 5 and Star Wars wrapped into one and then presented. If that sounds cheesy to you then it will be cheesy for you.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
4. How can I access the DLC packs, and are they available AFTER I beat the game as well? I don't want to miss them.

You can do them whenever. The only "DLC" you can't do anytime is the interactive comic which has to be installed before the first playthrough if you want to use it.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
5. Is the save-corrupting bug from a while back still here, or have they patched it?

I believe it's still there.

So I decided to play on Insanity for some god forsaken reason. And all I can say is that the load times are driving me fucking insane. I don't mind dying over and over again but sitting there and staring at the loading screen for ten seconds every time is making me bat shit crazy.

Mithos

kinoki said:
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:

I believe it's still there.
The memory fragmentation bug that for the most part was to blame for the crash during save/load sessions have been eliminated, but it (save-corrupting) might not be 100% gone, but it's way safer now then before the patch.

Lostconfused said:
I don't mind dying over and over again but sitting there and staring at the loading screen for ten seconds every time is making me bat shit crazy.

Wow 10 seconds? Every time I die its 30sec-1min before It's game time again.

Sai

Sure is taking a while for the game(360) to boot up for me recently. Think it has something to do with the sign-in to the Cerberus Network... Maybe I should try clearing the cache before I start up the game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Sai said:
Sure is taking a while for the game(360) to boot up for me recently. Think it has something to do with the sign-in to the Cerberus Network... Maybe I should try clearing the cache before I start up the game.

I've been experiencing something similar. 1 out of 2 times when I boot it up, it takes ages to load and then when I load up my save game, it says it can't recognise any of the DLC.

Wiggum2007

Lakitu said:
I've been experiencing something similar. 1 out of 2 times when I boot it up, it takes ages to load and then when I load up my save game, it says it can't recognise any of the DLC.

Same here.

I posted this on the original thread, but I'll post it here also:

To anyone who beat the game, got a question:

Without spoiling anything, can anyone give me some insight on this?

I got enough paragon points to finally gain both Miranda and Jack's loyalty. This is before the suicide mission (which I haven't played yet). Am I on the right track? I know you had to choose one's loyalty if I didn't have enough paragon points. So is it better to have both of their loyalty before the IFF? Also, I couldn't get Zaeed's loyalty since I saved the factory workers. Should it matter or did I mess up?

And can't believe I'm really enjoying this game. I think it's my favorite RPG of this gen. Honestly, I really like FFXIII but after playing ME2, FFXIII feels even more disappointing. :(

2San

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I got enough paragon points to finally gain both Miranda and Jack's loyalty. This is before the suicide mission (which I haven't played yet). Am I on the right track? I know you had to choose one's loyalty if I didn't have enough paragon points. So is it better to have both of their loyalty before the IFF? Also, I couldn't get Zaeed's loyalty since I saved the factory workers. Should it matter or did I mess up?

It's been a while since I played this, but if you want everyone to survive I recommend doing everything you want to complete before doing IFF. Not having one persons loyalty isn't too bad, pretty sure there's a loophole for at least one character. You have to make the correct choices though.

Gvaz

Banned
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
Ok, so I'm thinking about picking up the PS3 version and I have a few questions:

Thanks guys!

1. AFAIK it's the exact same. It's okay as a whole but good for a Bioware game

2. This isn't anything like FF, it just has RPG elements while being a mediocre cover shooter.

3. It's like any old scifi show, really. Then again, that's what I like since I enjoy Star Trek for being cheesy (though stargate and the ilk however I hate) It's more like TNG if you want to make that comparison but keep in mind the first game has more interesting story.

4. They're available before or after, though you can miss a whole character that is part of the base game if you're not careful. (not dlc).

5. Bioware doesn't fix shit. The first patches for DA2 and ME2 were simple text fixes no actual game issues.

Finally got this game (PS3).

Absolutely loving it!

Is the DLC already on the CD and gets installed with the game, or do I have to download it from the store?

Dice

I didn't really like Overlord, at least not $7.00 like it. It was super boring until the end, which I found predictable. Kasumi wouldn't be worth it just as a mission but you get her as a character so it's all good. Shadow Broker is the best DLC ever made for any game.[/liarabias]

Patryn

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I posted this on the original thread, but I'll post it here also:

To anyone who beat the game, got a question:

Without spoiling anything, can anyone give me some insight on this?

And can't believe I'm really enjoying this game. I think it's my favorite RPG of this gen. Honestly, I really like FFXIII but after playing ME2, FFXIII feels even more disappointing. :(

It is possible to get Zaeed's loyalty and still save the factory workers.

Dice

Patryn said:
I just let them die. Working for mercs makes you a merc.

Patryn said:
Really? Guess I messed up this time.

I plan to play it again. I missed a a lot of stuff during this first play-through.

I want to play as a renegade in the 2nd play through just to see the different side of the game.

2San said:
It's been a while since I played this, but if you want everyone to survive I recommend doing everything you want to complete before doing IFF. Not having one persons loyalty isn't too bad, pretty sure there's a loophole for at least one character. You have to make the correct choices though.
Snuggler said:
Yes.

As long as you have the necessary amount of paragon/renegade points, everyting will be OK.
Thanks.

Lostconfused said:
cross posting from SA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkhgde1kUBE this is pretty incredible.

When I first saw that trailer I hadn't played ME2, and only a little of ME1 on my brother's 360 years ago, so I didn't really understand the context. Knowing now what a Reaper is capable of and seeing it again, I'm worried about ME3. I'm afraid that they'll have written themselves into a setup that can only be resolved by some incredibly lame deus ex machina (although for I'd have to applaud them for sheer balls if they made the Reapers susceptible to the common cold).

Top Bottom