• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Die Squirrel Die said:
(although for I'd have to applaud them for sheer balls if they made the Reapers susceptible to the common cold).
They did talk up our biodiversity like crazy in ME2. That would be an amazing move on Bioware's part. Greatest homage ever.

Insanity run has been getting easier. Went through the Prisoner recruitment with no problems.

But next is Archangel and then Horizon, which I hear are extremely hard.

Anyone know how many missions I can do before the Ghost Ship? Should I do the Assassin, Justicar and Quarian first? Cause in my first plathrough I didn't do those recruitments till after the Ghost Ship.

Beat the game, really enjoyed it. Had a funny moment near the end of the game.

Giant collector ship appears out of nowhere
Me: Oh shit.
Joker: Oh shit.

Playing as Joker was about as much fun as the microwave hallway in MGS4 though.

Game took me about 35 hours to beat and didn't freeze once. It's pretty sad that that's become actually impressive this gen.

Mindlog

Dice said:
They did talk up our biodiversity like crazy in ME2. That would be an amazing move on Bioware's part. Greatest homage ever.
Some agents talked up the biodiversity, but the Reapers are after 'biomalleability.' It's an incredibly important inconsequential distinction.

Crewnh said:
Insanity run has been getting easier. Went through the Prisoner recruitment with no problems.

Anyone know how many missions I can do before the Ghost Ship? Should I do the Assassin, Justicar and Quarian first? Cause in my first plathrough I didn't do those recruitments till after the Ghost Ship.
Yeah Insanity isn't that difficult, but I effing hate shutters.

Ghost Ship? The 'damaged derelict' or the IFF? Some min/max builds encourage you to complete certain missions before certain events. I believe™ the game is easy enough not to require such measures. However, I would complete every loyalty/recruitment mission available before the IFF.

There are conflicting reports and what you can do before the damaged vessel mission. A trusted SPOILERS [url="http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Collector_Ship_%28mission%29]source[/url] SPOILERS says 5 missions in new locations after Horizon.

Crewnh said:

I believe you can do five missions before you have to do the ship.

Mindlog said:
Some agents talked up the biodiversity, but the Reapers are after 'biomalleability.' It's an incredibly important inconsequential distinction.

I like how they have to wait ages to find appropriate species, and don't even find them every cycle (i.e. Protheans not adequate). As though they couldn't just whip up a genome from scratch to meet their needs perfectly and cut out the middle man. And that's assuming they even have a good reason for using organic goop instead of just building more reapers out of raw materials.

Mindlog

ThoseDeafMutes said:
I like how they have to wait ages to find appropriate species, and don't even find them every cycle (i.e. Protheans not adequate). As though they couldn't just whip up a genome from scratch to meet their needs perfectly and cut out the middle man. And that's assuming they eve have a good reason for using organic goop instead of just building more reapers out of raw materials.
It's a sci-fi staple. That almost killed the, Taelons :brows:

It's the whole reason the Reapers are, 'Unknowable.' To us they just appear to be, 'Stupid.'

or something

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mindlog said:
It's a sci-fi staple. That almost killed the, Taelons :brows:

It's the whole reason the Reapers are, 'Unknowable.' To us they just appear to be, 'Stupid.'

or something

No, galactic genocide was unknowable. Making Reaper babies out of genetic goop is stupid. There is the distinction.

Mindlog

HK-47 said:
No, galactic genocide was unknowable. Making Reaper babies out of genetic goop is stupid. There is the distinction.
Nah, that just be regular sci-fi villainy. I still believe the Reapers have deeper and equally unsatisfying secrets to reveal.

They are the ark in a galaxy of prematurely dying stars.

Cerberus was right.

Mindlog said:
Nah, that just be regular sci-fi villainy. I still believe the Reapers have deeper and equally unsatisfying secrets to reveal.
Hey don't you drag 5th Element into this. At least it reveled in all of its sci fi nonsense and didn't pretend that its story mattered.

Lostconfused said:
Hey don't you drag 5th Element into this. At least it reveled in all of its sci fi nonsense and didn't pretend that its story mattered.
I thought ME1's story had its moments, but I do not think it was anything close to great scifi at the outset.

So ME2 devolving into a myriad of scifi tropes didn't bother me too much. Still great games, and much better stories than the average game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Currently at 110 hours playtime and I'm starting to think it's soon over... I really, really, REALLY don't want it to end. One of the best cinematic experiences I've had in a long time, I love Tali. I LOVE Tali, and I hate my life for choosing FemSheppard and now I can't choose Tali as my lover :(

Wiggum2007

Yoshichan said:
Currently at 110 hours playtime and I'm starting to think it's soon over... I really, really, REALLY don't want it to end. One of the best cinematic experiences I've had in a long time, I love Tali. I LOVE Tali, and I hate my life for choosing FemSheppard and now I can't choose Tali as my lover :(

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yoshichan said:
I love Tali. I LOVE Tali, and I hate my life for choosing FemSheppard and now I can't choose Tali as my lover :(

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gdt

Yoshichan said:

This is really creepy.

Gvaz

Banned
gdt5016 said:
This is really creepy.
Reading responses on the internet leads me to believe that this is the reaction to a lot of people who play ME.

I like Tali too but I think some people just need to tone it down a notch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wiggum2007 said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yeah I've really taken my time with it. Anything that normally would take 1 minute will take 3 minutes for me :lol
gdt5016 said:
This is really creepy.
Completely normal :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of Tali, I recommend you turn safesearch off and look her up with Google Images. There is a very...interesting picture of her and Legion. You might like it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I just started this last night after owning the game since launch, and buying it cheap on a steam sale.

Ive managed to pick up most of the dlc as it went on sale for 360 so im playing that.

God damn the game is amazing. Goddamn backlogs >:

Melchiah

Die Squirrel Die said:
When I first saw that trailer I hadn't played ME2, and only a little of ME1 on my brother's 360 years ago, so I didn't really understand the context. Knowing now what a Reaper is capable of and seeing it again, I'm worried about ME3. I'm afraid that they'll have written themselves into a setup that can only be resolved by some incredibly lame deus ex machina (although for I'd have to applaud them for sheer balls if they made the Reapers susceptible to the common cold).

I'm beginning to think it'll be resolved in a similar manner, that the Shadow/Vorlon war was handled in Babylon 5 series.

Yoshichan

Snuggler said:
Speaking of Tali, I recommend you turn safesearch off and look her up with Google Images. There is a very...interesting picture of her and Legion. You might like it.
Couldn't find anything special :( PM? :D

110 hours is weak.

Last count I had 341 hours spread across 25 characters.

Charles
Danielle
Erik Magnus
Fiona
Jim
Joseph Regi
Julia
Mal River
Marcus
Max Magnus
Mazoozoo
Mia Speedy
Mira
Mischa
Nate
Neko
Neron
Rachael
Raymond
Rena Marie
Sam Aiden
Shavonte
Tara
West

Yoshichan

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I think the first Mass Effect is the only modern Bioware game I've played more than once, and that was an accident due to my original saves being corrupted.

Seda

Thunder Monkey said:
110 hours is weak.

Last count I had 341 hours spread across 25 characters.

Charles
Danielle
Erik Magnus
Fiona
Jim
Joseph Regi
Julia
Mal River
Marcus
Max Magnus
Mazoozoo
Mia Speedy
Mira
Mischa
Nate
Neko
Neron
Rachael
Raymond
Rena Marie
Sam Aiden
Shavonte
Tara
West

My little brother (18) does this.

I have a good file, and an evil file, 100%. Good enough for me.

Gvaz said:
Holy shit.

I could barely stand two playthroughs. Do you do completionist runs each time?
Nah, some characters I make then don't like what they look like in the game engine, so I start over on a new character.

I have two Magneto dedicated characters in that list, the first I hated.

ME1 I nearly broke 1000 hours and over 50 characters.

KotOR was over 1,000 hours and can't remember the character count.

I <3 Bioware.

Gvaz

Banned
I love KOTOR too but I think I've only spent like 120 hours total on ME and maybe 100 on KOTOR over all characters :\

Yoshichan

Well I'm nearing the end :( Hold me guys

X-Frame

Yoshichan said:
Well I'm nearing the end :( Hold me guys

Good thing there's 5 other classes for you to play as again!

I played them all once, and going to play them all again before ME3 comes. So psyched, but I need to stay focused on DA2 for the time being.

BUT then they go ahead and announce new DLC and completely throw my game plan off.

Yoshichan

X-Frame said:
Good thing there's 5 other classes for you to play as again!
I'm in love with my current build and choices I've done with my FemShep and I'm not going for anything else... I don't want the story to end :( Oh well, later!

Yoshichan said:
I'm in love with my current build and choices I've done with my FemShep and I'm not going for anything else... I don't want the story to end :( Oh well, later!
Whatever. If you don't marathon through mass effect 1 and 2 the week before 3 comes out then you are doing it wrong.

Jhoan

I finally caved and bought the Firepower pack hoping it would be on special eventually because the thought of doing another run with the same boring weapons bothered me. That said, I'm finally doing my Insanity run with my female Paragon Sentinel Shepard and alternately, I have another Insanity run that's in the beginning as a male Renegade Vanguard (its the most crazy fun class out of the bunch) Shepard (default model). And I also have my first Renegade Infiltrator Shepard run that I've put 70 hours into and once The Arrival arrives, maybe 3 more extra hours. I've put over 300 hours into ME1 according to my brother over the course of 9 runs, 2 male default model Sheps (Engineer and Adept) and 1 female Shepard, so it's my most replayed game ever and I got 1200/1200. Question: is it worth checking out the Equalizer Pack?

Yoshichan

Lostconfused said:
Whatever. If you don't marathon through mass effect 1 and 2 the week before 3 comes out then you are doing it wrong.
eh

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yoshichan said:

When you're wrapped up, make sure to check out the Tali love scene on YouTube.

EatChildren said:
When you're wrapped up, make sure to check out the Tali love scene on YouTube.
Speaking of which I am playing male shep for the first time. Should I try to hit up all the romances before the final mission, and which one should I pick at the end?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lostconfused said:
Speaking of which I am playing male shep for the first time. Should I try to hit up all the romances before the final mission, and which one should I pick at the end?

You can only have one romance; Miranda, Tali or Jack. All three are typically tacky BioWare, in order from my favourite to least would be Tali, Miranda and then Jack. Tali's is cute, Miranda's gets her norks out (in her bra), and Jack's ruins whatever I liked about her character.

X-Frame

EatChildren said:
You can only have one romance; Miranda, Tali or Jack. All three are typically tacky BioWare, in order from my favourite to least would be Tali, Miranda and then Jack. Tali's is cute, Miranda's gets her norks out (in her bra), and Jack's ruins whatever I liked about her character.

Which is why I am staying faithful to L'iara.

EatChildren said:
So Jack first then switch over to Miranda. Great. Don't know why but I am not obsessing over the space gypsy like the rest of the internet.

Sai

Do you guys think ME2 will ever hit the 360's On Demand line-up? Or will having multiple discs to switch between pose problems?

Lostconfused said:
obsessing over the space gypsy like the rest of the internet.

The fact that people have felt that about Tali since the first ME is creepy, considering how much on a non-character she was in that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1000 hours?! My mind can't comprehend that. I might have tipped over 500 with the Panel de Pon series as a whole, but not much over. Over 1000 on a single game? One that isn't even multiplayer?

MrMephistoX

Sai said:
Do you guys think ME2 will ever hit the 360's On Demand line-up? Or will having multiple discs to switch between pose problems?

I imagine/hope sooner rather than later. Halo Reach just launched on Games on Demand the other day and ME2 was downloadable day one when it launched on PS3 so unless MS has some sort of ridiculously high profit sharing arrangement for Games on Demand it seems like a no brainer.

Top Bottom