• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Patryn said:
See, as piss poor some of the results of your choices were in ME2, I still liked stuff like running into Helena Blake on Omega that you wouldn't get otherwise.

Plus, Bioware claims some ME1 choices will roll into ME3, so take that how you will.

True, I liked some of the random things in ME2 that related to ME1, but since I have no PC capable of running the game (have to buy a new one later this year) and sold my 360 because I didn't play it enough, I only have my PS3 to play it on so those choices wouldn't really bother me regardless.

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
OK, I'm playing Mass Effect PC for the first time, just got into the Mako - how do I use the machine guns? There is no button for it in the controls options, what the heck. I can only use the cannon.

Nevermind, my key mappings are all messed up. The control remapping screen is so weird in this game.

shut up with your pc

shut upppppppppp

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Sadist said:
Hmmm

Game is better than expected, but I still don't understand the hype.

you either dig or not.

I must have hated it on a rational level but I 'm basically a fanboy now. I guess while it's cliched and all that it has that SOMETHING that clicks with people. Because I loathe Lexx, Babylon 5, Star Wars and Star Trek and love Mass Effect.

Dennis

Banned
Lakitu said:
I see that the Mass Effect 3 GI thread descended into an alien nude thread. The fuck?
The Mass Effect 3 |OT| thread will have to be the most heavily moderated thread of all time. Of all time!

subversus

btw we can continue in this thread. I saw a lot of interesting things while I was searching for an image to post in Mass Effect anime thread!

Patryn

DennisK4 said:
The Mass Effect 3 |OT| thread will have to be the most heavily moderated thread of all time. Of all time!

God help the person who decides to make that OP.

God help me because I'm considering volunteering. Or has it already been claimed?

Sadist said:
Hmmm

Game is better than expected, but I still don't understand the hype.

ME2 is a very good game, but if you aren't really into the ME universe, it's just that: a very good game with some flaws here and there.

Patryn said:

God help me because I'm considering volunteering. Or has it already been claimed?

Maybe EatChildren has already claimed the right, otherwise I don't know.

Personally I would let Snuggler do it, shortest |OT| ever.

Gravijah said:
Hey, some of that Garrus x FemShep stuff was high quality!

I believe I missed that, since I was trying to wash my eyes out from the other stuff that was posted, lol.

Patryn said:

I'm anxious to see if it'll be as image-heavy as the other OTs, minus the fanart.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dont think I could trust myself with the ME3 OT.

subversus

damn people, I'm intrigued enough to go there and have a look. Were elcor and hanar involved?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
subversus said:
damn people, I'm intrigued enough to go there and have a look. Were elcor and hanar involved?

Hanar were very involved.

Just did another playthrough last week as I lost a couple of guys on my first and wanted to have a full crew to carry over into ME3. This time all my main guys survived but I still screwed up and went through Omega-4 too late so this time Kelly died! No lapdancing in the captain's cabin for me... hopefully she doesn't have too much of a role in ME3!

The second playthrough was more fun because this time I did it with all the DLC that I hadn't played before... Overlord and Shadow Broker were great, that fight on the lightning storm ship is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a game! I don't get all the hate for Arrival, I thought it was pretty good.

Went full Renegade again, as I always do, although the final decision still left me a little uncomfortable... I hope I did the right thing! The Illusive Man isn't evil, he's just misunderstood.

Gary Whitta said:
The second playthrough was more fun because this time I did it with all the DLC that I hadn't played before... Overlord and Shadow Broker were great, that fight on the lightning storm ship is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a game! I don't get all the hate for Arrival, I thought it was pretty good.

Went full Renegade again, as I always do, although the final decision still left me a little uncomfortable... I hope I did the right thing! The Illusive Man isn't evil, he's just misunderstood.
I'm replaying it with all the DLC as well, and I like being able to do the zaeed/kasumi stuff when I want. Arrival was just okay compared to everything else, in my opinion. It was alright for what it was, but it's not Shadow Broker.

TIM is watching you while you sleep.

Also, there's something new floating around the internets. Kaidan has some new armor.

Edit: Does anyone here think we will be getting any significant DLC for this game? If we're wrapping things up I can't see the potential for much story related DLC, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of weapon and appearance packs.

Typographenia said:
I'm replaying it with all the DLC as well, and I like being able to do the zaeed/kasumi stuff when I want. Arrival was just okay compared to everything else, in my opinion. It was alright for what it was, but it's not Shadow Broker.
I did Kasumi early and used her as a squadmate on most missions, her ability to warp around is really useful.

Patryn

Typographenia said:

TIM is watching you while you sleep.

Also, there's something new floating around the internets. Kaidan has some new armor.

Edit: Does anyone here think we will be getting any significant DLC for this game? If we're wrapping things up I can't see the potential for much story related DLC, but I'm sure we'll have plenty of weapon and appearance packs.

ME3 will definitely have some DLC, if for nothing else than the $10 initiative (especially since there will not be multiplayer to hold hostage).

I'd anticipate at least one squadmember being DLC, at the least.

Patryn said:
ME3 will definitely have some DLC, if for nothing else than the $10 initiative (especially since there will not be multiplayer to hold hostage).

I'd anticipate at least one squadmember being DLC, at the least.

I did like the idea of the Cerberus network card that came with the CE of ME2 - regarding the DLC - but hopefully there'll be more DLC than just firepower and appearance packs. Oh and the idea that squadmates being DLC, that'd probably be a definite thing.

Lakitu

st5fu
Patryn said:
Oh god.

What if they made Tali DLC knowing that her legion of fans would pay out the nose for her?

I can see this happening. Along with an additional 'romance pack' including a sex scene without her mask on.

Patryn said:
Oh god.

What if they made Tali DLC knowing that her legion of fans would pay out the nose for her?

Shhh, don't give them any ideas...

I wouldn't put it past them to make this happen...

Arjen

Patryn said:
Oh god.

That would be funny as hell, then another 10 bucks to see what's under the helmet

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Patryn said:
Oh, your innocence is cute. Never, ever set foot in the Bioware forums. Ignorance is bliss.

lol someone post the quarian sweat analysis post. Fucking crazies.

Dennis

Banned
Its going to be all about Ashley the Space Racist who got a sexy makeover.

You'll bed her and then Liara and Tali will cry because you choose the Space Racist over them.

You gotta commend Bioware for cutting edge socially relevant fiction.

Patryn said:
Oh, your innocence is cute. Never, ever set foot in the Bioware forums. Ignorance is bliss.
I tend to stay off dedicated forums, way too hardcore and scary. But I had no idea Tali was so popular!

EDIT: Just took a look at that locked ME3 thread. What is this I don't even.

Gary Whitta said:
I tend to stay off dedicated forums, way too hardcore and scary. But I had no idea Tali was so popular!

Gotta love that dedication that BioWare manages to instill in its fans.

Dresden

Gary Whitta said:

Locked? What happened to it?

Top Bottom