• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 releasing on Jan. 18 (NA) and Jan. 21 (EU) | Demo Dec. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
LongDongJunon said:
640 minutes eh?...

....fantastic

Did you get it started as soon as the demo went up in the search engine? If you can get it then the download usually goes fast. That's when I got mine and it's currently installing.

Lothars

StateofMind said:
Doesn't ME2 suck? From fan reactions to how Bioware has been behaving lately, I'd rather enter the series at the first game. :/

The concept of the series itself is something that I think I could really get into though.

Not at all, It should have more RPG elements but I would put it on par with Mass Effect 1 which is a great game but I would recommend everyone to play it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It speaks volumes that they culled the hacking and decrypting minigames out of the main missions for this release. I guess ME3 is going to be as streamlined as possible.

dwebo

EatChildren said:
It speaks volumes that they culled the hacking and decrypting minigames out of the main missions for this release. I guess ME3 is going to be as streamlined as possible.
Uh, what's there in place of them? Nothing? :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
dwebo said:
Uh, what's there in place of them? Nothing? :lol

Nothing, apparently. They minigames are still there, but mostly removed from main missions to 'keep the intensity' or some shit, and instead will only be found in areas where you can find them at your own pace.

EatChildren said:

I would assume they are just removed for the demo, as there is no point in them since it's just a demo and the rewards are designed for long term play.

anddo0

So far so good, the demo is basically the start if the game. The only thing that seems off is the lip sync. Game is running buttery smooth, for now.

AlStrong

BattleMonkey said:
I would assume they are just removed for the demo, as there is no point in them since it's just a demo and the rewards are designed for long term play.

They're in the spoiler mission. Don't know what he's talking about. The intro mission does have fewer though.

Truespeed

Tom Penny said:
This game is full price right? Not sure I can justify that after playing the PC version. I'll check the demo out though.

It's running on the ME3 engine and with all the additional content it may very well be the definitive version according to my general calculations.

EatChildren

Truespeed said:
It's running on the ME3 engine and with all the additional content it may very well be the definitive version according to my general calculations.

Nothing running in 720p can be the definitive version of anything.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The in-engine cinematics were a mess, lots of tearing and really choppy but the actual gameplay was pretty smooth with minimal tearing.

The character models seem more defined for sure.

I hate all of you. I have to be considerate and download overnight when no one else is using the internet since PS3 downloads bring the network to a halt.

Tearing? :/

belvedere

Junior Butler
To clarify, the opening cinematics/videos were choppy, not the in-engine scenes while playing the game.

Maybe it has something to do with the demo compression?

Definitely impressed with the PS3 version, even after playing the holier than thou PC version.

:D

I enjoyed the demo but I ran across a big audio glitch. It caused all enemy noises to drop out with the exception of their rockets. It happened about halfway through the demo and caused it to be a lot more difficult because they could sneak up on me easily since I couldn't hear them. The sound of the door also dropped out.

No screen tearing whatsoever on my end. Very stable framerate. Even though I bought ME2 on 360, I'm definitely buying this. Amazing port. I'm hooked, and January can't come soon enough!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Game looks fantastic! Definitely double dipping as soon as it hits the bargain bin.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TacticalFox88 said:
No screen tearing whatsoever on my end. Very stable framerate. Even though I bought ME2 on 360, I'm definitely buying this. Amazing port. I'm hooked, and January can't come soon enough!

Good to hear, wish i could play the demo but it is still downloading.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
StateofMind said:
Doesn't ME2 suck? From fan reactions to how Bioware has been behaving lately, I'd rather enter the series at the first game. :/

The concept of the series itself is something that I think I could really get into though.

checked the GOTY thread any time since voting started?

JardeL

:lol @ EA Community Coordinator's PS Blog comments ;

Mikaa1701 | December 21st, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Great to see the Mass Effect 2 demo! Was always wanting to try that series.

Eduardo Vasconcellos | December 21st, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Dude, you’re in for such a treat!ME 2 is one of my faves of the year,and rest assured, the demo is just the tip of the iceberg. I’ve definitely got this pre-ordered already. What about you?
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom