• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

Not a big Multpilayer fan.

So combine that with the fact that I don't think that Bioware has a combat system that is overly enjoyable I can't say I have any interest in playing that without going through the story.

Hopefully it turns out well for those who want it.

Haunted

meh if multiplayer

FStop7 said:
Because Mass Effect was supposed to be an RPG that was a mix of of investigation, exploration, and combat. But with 2 we ended up with a corridor shooter. I still like the game, but it's just not what it was supposed to be.
Well, "supposed to be" is subjective. It "could've been" is more appropriate.

Sadly, Bioware chose to take the franchise in the opposite direction. Entirely within their right, it's their franchise and everything, but still disappointing.

That said, ME2 was still a great game. Not showcasing the same level of ambition, not fulfilling the huge potential... but it was a polished title.

I'm sure I'll like the direction they're taking 3 in even less, but I'm also sure the game will still be entertaining.

With these kinds of decisions, it's better not to think about what could have been. It's just depressing.

B-Dex

Game as we know it was scrapped. Only planet scanning and running around bland procedural "planets" and "moons" on the old-school ME1 mako are what is left.

Haunted

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Raise your hand if you are "eagerly awaiting" ME multiplayer details.
Tumbleweed-picture.jpg

B-Dex said:
Game as we know it was scrapped. Only planet scanning and running around bland procedural "planets" and "moons" on the old-school ME1 mako are what is left.
You make conflicting points. First you mention the shitty planet scanning, but then you act as if the amazing Mako exploration in the first one was bad? :confused

I'd rather have procedurally generated rocks back instead of running through corridors littered with conveniently placed waist-high barriers.

FStop7

Banned
Haunted said:
Well, "supposed to be" is subjective. It "could've been" is more appropriate.

I say "supposed to be" because IMO BioWare made it pretty clear what the Mass Effect games were going to be during their extended demos and trailers for ME 1, especially the 20-40 minute demo from E3 2006. Not to throw more wood on the Blame EA fire, but things really did change after the EA acquisition.

Miri said:
That big hint is referring to Tali's face. There's nothing else people have been waiting for from this game.

This was revealed years ago in the official ME comic book.

Haunted

Mikey Jr. said:
Why are people so against multiplayer?

Lots of games that were single player focused integrated multiplayer and it worked out great.

Uncharted
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid (kinda sucks? People loved it)
Didn't like the multiplayer in any of these. Waste of resources and manpower.

nel e nel said:
I think I will like the new direction more as well.
heh, fixed it.

Psi

It's going to be co-op, and the game will turn into a linear corridor shooter so the other player doesn't get bored.

Complistic

It ain't going to be multiplayer. That's something you announce right off the bat when you announce the game. It's probably squad mate info or something boring.

WrikaWrek

Banned
It will be unfair, uncool, and infuriating if they pin the reason for mp's existence on "us", the fans.

Nobody asked for this shit.

nel e nel

Haunted said:
heh, fixed it.

In all seriousness though, I really did miss the inventory management in ME2 (although the organization was horrid in ME1), and by all accounts so far they have been showing what appears to be a happy medium between streamlined combat and dithering RPG elements.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, it has to be multiplayer. At this point, I'd be shocked if it wasn't included with the game in some form. They gotta sell cheap DLC/prevent those trade-ins somehow!

mxgt

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
It will be unfair, uncool, and infuriating if they pin the reason for mp's existence on "us", the fans.

Maybe the lunatics on their official forums asked for it

WrikaWrek said:

It would be so great if, in the press release it says something like "You've begged, you've pleaded-- and Bioware listened."

Snuggler said:
Yeah, it has to be multiplayer. At this point, I'd be shocked if it wasn't included with the game in some form. They gotta sell cheap DLC/prevent those trade-ins somehow!

I'd love something different (i.e. FemShep media), but I would be really surprised if it isn't multiplayer.

Psi said:
It's going to be co-op, and the game will turn into a linear corridor shooter so the other player doesn't get bored.
Maybe it will be a "girlfriend" co-op mode like Mario Galaxy has. You play as Shepard and your co-op buddy grabs objects in the environment with Kinect and throws it at enemies.

They basically take over your magic power.

Chinner

Banned
dating sim you can take your romance to the space-cinema or go to the space-restaurant and kate perrys E.T will play.

FStop7 said:
I'm having a hard time feeling excited about anything Mass Effect these days.
This. I've already deleted my old save data - I won't be needing it for imports. It wasn't one thing that broke the camels back, just a continuous cycle of bad news and stupidity that just made me say "Fuck it, I'm done".

Looking forward to what they do with Dragon Age III (maybe), but Bioware is sort of a non-entity to me nowadays.

CrazyDude

Deified Data said:
This. I've already deleted my old save data - I won't be needing it for imports. It wasn't one thing that broke the camels back, just a continuous cycle of bad news and stupidity that just made me say "Fuck it, I'm done".

Looking forward to what they do with Dragon Age III (maybe), but Bioware is sort of a non-entity to me nowadays.
I don't get what is so awful about what they have announced with ME3?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ryaaan14 said:
I honestly don't even want to think about how competitive MP would work in ME. :_(

I predict that it'll be predictable: there will be perks, an xp system with unlocks, load-outs specific to each class, and all the standard competitive MP modes (deathmatch, capture & defend and so on). Boxes will be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom