• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

Man, you guys are still hung up about the IDEA of Mass Effect 1 instead of what we actually got. FYI: Bioware no longer makes games like that. At least Mass Effect 2 figured this out and turned out a lot better than part 1 (even though I'd rather have an exploration-based sci-fi RPG than a corridor shooter with light RPG elements).

Angry Fork

I can't wait until people play ME3's multiplayer for 2 weeks (if that) and then bin it because none of these devs realize nobody gives a shit about copycat tacked on me-too multiplayer. Such a fucking waste of time and money I don't understand what these people think. They think they're gonna combat 2nd hand sales and prevent people from selling the game but the people who sell their games aren't gonna stop just because it has multiplayer because EVERY OTHER GAME HAS MULTIPLAYER NOW. Damn just focus on the SP stop trying to add bullshit nobody asks for.

I don't even know why I'm complaining the single player is probably going to suck too since ME2 was weak as fuck compared to part 1 and Dragon Age 2 was the electronic equivalent of moldy bread with vomit syrup and a dingleberry on top.

epmode said:
Man, you guys are still hung up about the IDEA of Mass Effect 1 instead of what we actually got. FYI: Bioware no longer makes games like that. At least Mass Effect 2 figured this out and turned out a lot better than part 1 (even though I'd rather have an exploration-based sci-fi RPG).
The idea of ME1 was miles better and more interesting than the 'streamlined' and 'focused' bs in ME2. I replayed ME1 3 times and still go back to it every now and then just to drive around the planets and soak in the atmosphere. I played ME2 once, wondered what the fuck happened/what was the point of this game besides introducing a bunch of new characters for no reason and never touched it again.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd be interested in ME3 competitive multiplayer. It would be nice to have a third alternative to BF3 and Halo Reach with Halo Anniversary maps.
If it's co-operative, i don't see any issues. Might be fun to play at times.
If the MP is not good, not a big deal. I just stick to single player then.

I really can't think what else it than multiplayer the announcement could be.

Lothars

Angry Fork said:
I can't wait until people play ME3's multiplayer for 2 weeks (if that) and then bin it because none of these devs realize nobody gives a shit about copycat tacked on me-too multiplayer. Such a fucking waste of time and money I don't understand what these people think. They think they're gonna combat 2nd hand sales and prevent people from selling the game but the people who sell their games aren't gonna stop just because it has multiplayer because EVERY OTHER GAME HAS MULTIPLAYER NOW. Damn just focus on the SP stop trying to add bullshit nobody asks for.

I don't even know why I'm complaining the single player is probably going to suck too since ME2 was weak as fuck compared to part 1 and Dragon Age 2 was the electronic equivalent of moldy bread with vomit syrup and a dingleberry on top.
There has been really good multiplayer for singleplayer games so it could turn out really well, I will use Mikey Jr Post but it's a perfect example
Mikey Jr said:
Lots of games that were single player focused integrated multiplayer and it worked out great.
Uncharted
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid (kinda sucks? People loved it)

Your complaints about the singleplayer is wrong, ME2 is a great game and I have no doubt ME3 will turn out great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Has to be multiplayer. They've confirmed it to so many people at this point I'm surprised it hasn't already been formally announced.

EatChildren said:
Has to be multiplayer. They've confirmed it to so many people at this point I'm surprised it hasn't already been formally announced.
Eh, I don't know, some of us are still holding out for that day-one weapons pack reveal. I know I am.

Mrbob

Hopefully they hire Shane Kim to announce it.

Multiplayer is the worst kept secret with this game. Not something I asked for either!

Thoraxes

I hope it's not multiplayer.
I will refuse to buy it if it is. Especially if it has an online pass.

Also if I can't sell the online pass with the PC version.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Deified Data said:
Eh, I don't know, some of us are still holding out for that day-one weapons pack reveal. I know I am.

Actually, they could be announcing all of the retail incentive bonuses, which I'm pretty sure will include multiplayer.

dr_rus

Angry Fork said:
I replayed ME1 3 times and still go back to it every now and then just to drive around the planets and soak in the atmosphere. I played ME2 once, wondered what the fuck happened/what was the point of this game besides introducing a bunch of new characters for no reason and never touched it again.
Yeah. You only see how bad ME2 is once you try to beat it more than once. No amounts of bolted on multiplayer will help that to become a better game so I think that Bioware should really consider what is important here. Although it's clearly too late to change anything big in ME3 now.

Thoraxes

toythatkills said:
No you won't.
Yeah I realized it was more I don't want to pay for the multiplayer portion.

I just want them to give me the PC version with a redeemable code that I can sell for like $15. I don't need that garbage. Also I hope for no Origin mandatory, and for it to be on Steam.

Otherwise, yeah, i'll just wait until it goes on sale for $15 or just borrow a friends console version when they finish.

DTKT said:
Didn't save MOH, won't save ME3.

2 months after ME3 comes out, you bet it's going to be a ghost town.

Of course not, but if there's a team that could do it, would be DICE, and that's not happening either for obvious reasons...

LiK said:
TALI FINALLY TAKES OF HER MASK?!

Probably that alone would make more people happy than the MP reveal....

I am ok with Multiplayer if it fits. I have said it before, I think co-op based side quests, (maybe only accessible from a specific location that becomes like MMO style city which you can join other people?) maybe a fighting arena similar to the Hutt duels in KOTOR that are mp could be pretty awesome, but please keep the main quest a solo experience. That should be my own thing.

I'm still holding to my co-op mode idea:

2 players playing with their own Shepards, kicking ass in the galaxy because of some time-space multidimensional shit happening....and they can have sex....yeaaaaaah.

Derrick01

Banned
Might as well announce multiplayer at this point, they can't bro the series up much more than they already have. This series had so much promise after 1 :\

They're going to announce a less buggier version of the console versions, no more screen tearing, no more dropped frames, no more audio problems and no more jank!

dgmq6.gif

Angry Fork

Lothars said:
There has been really good multiplayer for singleplayer games so it could turn out really well, I will use Mikey Jr Post but it's a perfect example
I'm not saying it won't be good, I'm saying it's unnecessary and a waste of time/resources. They're not adding multiplayer because it's some huge wanted feature or because it's their biggest aspiration to 'improve' the game or whatever they're doing it strictly to try to prevent 2nd hand sales.

Bioshock is my favorite game this gen, I loved part 1 and 2 and I cannot get enough of the atmosphere/Rapture in general. I tried out the multi player in part 2 for a couple days, there was bad lag but I thought it was well done (feature/content wise) and had cool stuff. I never touched it again after those first few days because I don't give a shit about MP, especially for single player driven games.

Basically the point is if I care so much about the Bioshock universe/games and even I didn't care for the multi player, what makes these developers/publishers think random COD joe schmo is going to care about theirs? It's so stupid. These resources can be put to polishing the single player up more, perhaps taking some more time in the writing room so they can flesh out a proper story this time around.

Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack Jack

Jack.

Derrick01

Banned
CrazyDude said:
If you have been following they are adding more RPG elements in the game.

I've heard they're adding something like an inventory, which doesn't really reassure me, and I've seen a picture of leveling powers which is like ME2 but each power has a longer bar.

So going from that I'm not really impressed. It's like 2% more of a rpg than ME2 so far.

If it is multiplayer I really hope they see a big negative backlash. Any hours put into multiplayer could be put into making more quests, polishing single player or working on future DLC to make sure it doesn't suck like most of ME2s.

Mindlog

Kyoufu said:
What we've been waiting for: RPG mechanics

What we're getting: Shooter stuff, like multi-player.
????

They've announced a better power tree than ME1 had and a better upgrade system than ME1 had.

They took our yobs.
These threads are fucking boring.

Angry Fork

CrazyDude said:
If you have been following they are adding more RPG elements in the game.
No planet exploration, no deal for me. Running in obscenely linear levels to conveniently placed cover boxes that serve no other purpose is the least interesting part of what should be an 'epic' galaxy traveling, large scale RPG. (ME1 had these stupid things too but at least everything else made up for it).

The only way I'd believe them about adding RPG stuff would be real vehicle exploration without no guided bullshit like ME2 DLC either. Mass Effect 2 was everything bad about ME1 but increased ten-fold.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Yeah_its_Bob said:
Vita launch title for America!
Side story starring Liara during the time between the beginning of Mass Effect 2.... 15 minutes after the beginning of Mass Effect 2.

PS Vita exclusive. Make it happen, EA!

Mass Effect: Liara's Remorse.

Kyoufu

Mindlog said:
????

They've announced a better power tree than ME1 had and a better upgrade system than ME1 had.

They took our yobs.

Better upgrade system without loot? What?

I want an RPG.

CrazyDude

Angry Fork said:
No planet exploration, no deal for me. Running in obscenely linear levels to conveniently placed cover boxes that serve no other purpose is the least interesting part of what should be an 'epic' galaxy traveling, large scale RPG. (ME1 had these stupid things too but at least everything else made up for it).

The only way I'd believe them about adding RPG stuff would be real vehicle exploration without no guided bullshit like ME2 DLC either. Mass Effect 2 was everything bad about ME1 but increased ten-fold.
How is going around in Mako in an empty landscape exploration? Please tell me how that was suppose to be fun about it?

Derrick01

Banned
CrazyDude said:
How is going around in Mako in an empty landscape exploration? Please tell me how that was suppose to be fun about it?

The idea was to expand on that and make it better not to strip exploration away completely.

CrazyDude

Derrick01 said:
The idea was to expand on that and make it better not to strip exploration away completely.
You mean to actually have exploration, cause ME1 never had it.

Derrick01 said:
To strip away exploration you need to actually have it.

Angry Fork

Derrick01 said:
This.

I still loved it though even if it was bare bones, you went looking around the mountains and once in a while you'd get into a fight with people and shit, find various things. The atmosphere was the main point for me. It felt like I was in a galaxy and I could go to whatever planet I wanted. Even if they looked the same they had different weather, colors, different things in the sky etc.

The feeling of getting out of your rover and looking up at the sky was magical, THAT is the kinda shit I always dreamed of when it comes to space exploration and ME1 had that feeling. The only thing that was weak was the lack of civilizations on the planets which is something they should've fixed in the sequel.

CrazyDude said:

You're being obtuse just because you think nothing to do on the planets = no exploration. You're driving around in a rover traveling across land looking for potential bases or items. That may be bare bones but it's still exploration. And i'll take that any day of the week as opposed to ME2's 'hey bro can you help me get revenge on bro's that killed my bro's' and then you proceed to get into a bunch of boring firefights.

Derrick01

Banned
CrazyDude said:

Then what did ME2 have, since it had less exploration than 1. Scanning is not exploration and even then they told you when one of the planets had a side mission before the scan so you could drop down and complete its 5 minute linear FF13-like pathways. It was as casual as you could make it.

Mindlog

Kyoufu said:
Better upgrade system without loot? What?

I want an RPG.
What does that even mean?

I am sick of meaningless loot. I replayed ME1 quite a few times and I hate how stupid it was grinding out the best level VII loot droops that could only be had when your character was ~level 30-40. RPG purity can die in a fire if it can't find a way to keep me engaged beyond dangling loot like a carrot.

CrazyDude said:

Even if it was just one big-ass square to explore, it had some exploration. You could choose to land in planets that had nothing to do with the main quest, and still find somewhat interesting stuff. Maybe it was a half-assed attempt at exploration, but that was better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom