• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

Simo

To celebrate the impending launch of the OT and that we're just over a week away...
endbannerFINAL.png

I'm going to the midnight launch at our local Best Buy but I have to be at work at 4:45am on the 15th. Not sure how that's going to work out.
KuGsj.gif

Got a group of friends going to the midnight launch at GameStop and making a night out of it. Figured we'd head to Outback for some pre-game/launch dinner and booze before leaving there at 10 and heading over to GameStop since that'll be the time they'll be opening the doors anyway.

Luckily I already planned ahead and took the 14th, 15th and 16th off.

dreamfall

Anyway you can upload just that picture without the text? Really dig it.

Wondering about that too! It's a really, really beautiful image. Can not wait for the OT! Definitely heading to the Gamestop Midnight Release around these parts, can not even fathom this anticipation!

To celebrate the impending launch of the OT and that we're just over a week away...
endbannerFINAL.png

Got a group of friends going to the midnight launch at GameStop and making a night out of it. Figured we'd head to Outback for some pre-game/launch dinner and booze before leaving there at 10 and heading over to GameStop since that'll be the time they'll be opening the doors anyway.

Luckily I already planned ahead and took the 14th, 15th and 16th off.

Excellent work, Simo

Fjordson

I would totally do the gamestop at midnight but I want the 10 dollars from amazon. They actually opened one near me so it wouldn't be far at all. Oh well release date delivery is usually from Fed Ex and they tend to come to my house early.
Yeah, the $10 in credit made me just keep my Amazon order. Was very tempted to hit up a midnight release since stuff from Amazon doesn't usually arrive until like 5 PM for me, but I'll have Diablo III so the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: Holy shit, that's a dope ass banner, Simo. Is that the exact font they're using in-game? It looks really similar.

Yeah, the $10 in credit made me just keep my Amazon order. Was very tempted to hit up a midnight release since stuff from Amazon doesn't usually arrive until like 5 PM for me, but I'll have Diablo III so the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: Holy shit, that's a dope ass banner, Simo. Is that the exact font they're using in-game? It looks really similar.

Yup. I dunno what wizardry Simo pulled, but he got R* to send him the font. It's awesome.

Simo

Yup. I dunno what wizardry Simo pulled, but he got R* to send him the font. It's awesome.

Haha I just asked! They sent over a custom made banner for use in the OT and I asked what font they used for the wording and subtitles for the cutscenes since they looked the same and they simply said "Here you go just take the font!".

They also confirmed some of the controls scheme as to whether or not you use both triggers or L2/R2 to shoot when dual wielding. Seriously, you can pretty much ask Rockstar anything and they'll answer or deliver in due kind.

Haha I just asked! They sent over a custom made banner for use in the OT and I asked what font they used for the wording and subtitles for the cutscenes since they looked the same and they simply said "Here you go just take the font!".

They also confirmed some of the controls scheme as to whether or not you use both triggers or L2/R2 to shoot when dual wielding. Seriously, you can pretty much ask Rockstar anything and they'll answer or deliver in due kind.

The Community guys at Rockstar are so awesome. They always come through for their fans and are constantly in touch with them. Great dudes. Send along thanks for the font and banner, they're great!

The Community guys at Rockstar are so awesome. They always come through for their fans and are constantly in touch with them. Great dudes. Send along thanks for the font and banner, they're great!

I have sent them a question regarding the PSN release of Max Payne 2. Let's hope they answer soon.

Honestly, I think the thing I am most proud of right now is the following image. It just... it completes me.

otbannerediu7.jpg

Don't ever say I don't love Payne-GAF. This is my masterpiece, my piece-de-resistance, the magnum opus.

I drew it all myself!

Teknoman

Cant wait for the OT...

I wonder...if you join a crew on the PC version, would that carry over to the console version? I hope so, since i'll most likely grab 3 on PC (series starter and all that) but GTAV on PS3 unless they do a simu-release for PC,360, and PS3.

Cant wait for the OT...

I wonder...if you join a crew on the PC version, would that carry over to the console version? I hope so, since i'll most likely grab 3 on PC (series starter and all that) but GTAV on PS3 unless they do a simu-release for PC,360, and PS3.

I hope they will put some MP3 avatars in that thread for us as well

It'd be funny if that girl on the cover is actually important. Same with the thug.

That thug is Favela Member #43. He has an important monologue on poverty and the harsh realities of the gang life seconds before Max blows his head off in slow-motion. Since Max doesn't understand Portuguese, he thought the dude was just screaming death threats at him poetically.

that girl looks like calisee from game of thrones!

It is known.

I've been thinking that since the art was first revealed

I... don't see the resemblance. At all. How are you guys seeing her?

Daenerys-Targaryen-daenerys-targaryen-24490652-595-335.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
that girl looks like calisee from game of thrones!

That thug is Favela Member #43. He has an important monologue on poverty and the harsh realities of the gang life seconds before Max blows his head off in slow-motion. Since Max doesn't understand Portuguese, he thought the dude was just screaming death threats at him poetically.

I... don't see the resemblance. At all. How are you guys seeing her?

Daenerys-Targaryen-daenerys-targaryen-24490652-595-335.jpg
Yeah, totally. Not finding a good comparison picture, but now that you mention it, brazilian chick #112 totally reminds me of her.

daenerys-targaryen.jpg

Awesome work Simo. Sounds like you're going to have a good time. I'm jealous. I won't be able to devote any real time to the game until my days off work.

What a tease with the OT last night before Bish came in =P So good.

The wait is slowly starting to take its toll on me mentally. This is going to be one long fucking week.

What a tease with the OT last night before Bish came in =P So good.

The wait is slowly starting to take its toll on me mentally. This is going to be one long fucking week.

I'm having Vietnam-esque flashbacks of it.

And flashforwards.

If you're still iffy on how bullet-time works in Multiplayer, Kotaku has a helpful video on it:

http://kotaku.com/5907699/how-muliplayer-bullet-time-works-in-max-payne-3

Also...

actual_1336319301.jpg

New interviews with Lake and Houser.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012...ser-and-sam-lake-on-max-payne-after-the-fall/

http://mashable.com/2012/05/04/max-payne-comic/

I KNEW THERE WAS A SERIAL KILLER CASE!

dreamfall

Lake: From my part, mapping out Max’s childhood felt like a crucial piece that’s been left untold so far. It really goes to the classic hero’s journey, told over and over again in many forms. At the beginning of the first game, Max is at peace, a happy man, but if you think about it, there had to have been tragedy in his past already for him to be equipped to deal with horror he must face, otherwise it would crush him.

Really brilliant answers from Lake regarding Max's character. It always seemed pretty unfathomable to have a character experience so much trauma, without giving in completely. I think it makes more sense to draw upon his earlier experiences that he's faced, and show his growth in spite of his shitty family dynamic. And then, relate it to his alcoholism/pain killer addiction in the new game. It all sounds so promising!

Fjordson

Yeah, more cool insight from Houser and Lake. Sounds like Michael Unsworth is co-writing the game with Houser (he co-wrote Red Dead with Houser). Great news.

Also, slightly tangential, but the new R* Social Club site is pretty sweet. Huge overhaul from before.

dreamfall

Yeah, more cool insight from Houser and Lake. Sounds like Michael Unsworth is co-writing the game with Houser (he co-wrote Red Dead with Houser). Great news.

Also, slightly tangential, but the new R* Social Club site is pretty sweet. Huge overhaul from before.

Seeing Agent still there after so many updates gives me massive hope!

Top Bottom