• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

I don't care that much about Flintstones or Scooby Doo, but hopefully this WWE/Hanna Barbara crossover trend continues long enough that we can get CM Punk as Dick Dastardly in a Wacky Races revival.

Also Snagglepuss as the third addition to Dolph Ziggler's group of multi-ethnic friends.

XenoRaven

I don't care that much about Flintstones or Scooby Doo, but hopefully this WWE/Hanna Barbara crossover trend continues long enough that we can get CM Punk as Dick Dastardly in a Wacky Races revival.

Also Snagglepuss as the third addition to Dolph Ziggler's group of multi-ethnic friends.
David Otunga on Harvey Birdman?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
btw did you guys see

Laserfrog was featured on Kotaku. Can you believe it? I'm the ultimate talent scout!

gurudyne

Antonio Cesaro is getting a new gimmick. He is now German :/ I guess being Swiss was what was making him "boring" according to Vince and not his crap booking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWgUYZAI6L8

Can't watch video at work. How are we defining German? Is he in leiterhosen drinking (sodalolPG) from a stein, is he goosestepping, is he playing an 80's Eurotrash stereotype, is he driving a BWM in a suit, is he holding a humburger a hot dog and a donut in his hands and going on and on about cultural heritage as only Germans-written-by-Americans can, or is he just speaking in a German accent and acting like a macho jerk?

KissVibes

Banned
Antonio Cesaro is getting a new gimmick. He is now German :/ I guess being Swiss was what was making him "boring" according to Vince and not his crap booking.

HE'S DOING SOME-TYPE OF NAZI FIST-PUMP!

Better get that druggie swagger to challenge him!

The Granite Khali
Michael Coal
AJade Lee
Jinder Marble
Heath Crater
Shrew Mcyntire
Shark Johnson

I love you :3

XenoRaven

I refuse to believe this. No one's memory is that poor. The guy from Memento could remember they debuted him as a Swiss rugby player. Come on.

Why does he even have to have a gimmick based on being from a different country? Who cares? That's some straight up 80's shit. I thought we were past that, you know, as a country. At least make him French or something. I'm ok with hating the French for no reason.

strobogo

Banned
He's should go full on Nazi. Hogan's Heroes style since it is PG.

Scratch that, they should bring in Alex Wright and they can be Two Wild and German Guys.

Ithil

Can't watch video at work. How are we defining German? Is he in leiterhosen drinking (sodalolPG) from a stein, is he goosestepping, is he playing an 80's Eurotrash stereotype, is he driving a BWM in a suit, is he holding a humburger a hot dog and a donut in his hands and going on and on about cultural heritage as only Germans-written-by-Americans can, or is he just speaking in a German accent and acting like a macho jerk?

His titantron video is covered in German flags. Yes he's still clearly wearing Swiss themed gear in the footage.

mouserat

Neo Member
They can make Cesaro a cheating Arabian tycoon ala Sheik for all I care, as long as he gets over and I can watch him wrestle and win every week

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They should book Cesaro as some kind over the top action star, honestly he reminds of Jason Statham a lot:

I5sCHwz.jpg

bangai-o

Banned
Since nobody answered you, YES. Absolutely amazing show. Gets better every season and ends with one of the best finales ever. Watch it.

I'll talk about wrestling in here again some day, I swear it. Don't hurt me, guize.

starting season 2. i enjoy watching it a little better then Raw maybe.

Here's the entire Kenta Kobashi retirement show;

Kenta Kobashi: Final Burning - (NOAH 05/11/13)

1. Hitoshi Kumano vs. Masanobu Fuchi
2. BRAVE (Atsushi Kotoge & Taiji Ishimori) vs. No Mercy (Genba Hirayanagi & SUWA)
3. Burning (Atsushi Aoki & Kotaro Suzuki) vs. Burning (Kentaro Shiga & Tamon Honda)
4. Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Masao Inoue & Takeshi Morishima
5. BRAVE (Mohammed Yone & Takashi Sugiura) & Akitoshi Saito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata
6. Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji vs. NO FEAR (Takao Omori & Yoshihiro Takayama)
7. Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Maybach Taniguchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Jun Akiyama, Keiji Muto, Kensuke Sasaki & Kenta Kobashi

Seems kinda redundant when Cena would win every race anyway, he'd be what Peter Perfect wishes to be, Cena's car would also fall to pieces all the time like old Peter but he'd overcome those odds anyway.

But seriously i'd love this, Team Hell No as the new Gruesome Twosome, bring back Nexus as the new Anthill mob equivalent.

You want him to cut lame promos about being here for the people and work three times a year?

rZylC.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the entire Kenta Kobashi retirement show;

Kenta Kobashi: Final Burning - (NOAH 05/11/13)

1. Hitoshi Kumano vs. Masanobu Fuchi
2. BRAVE (Atsushi Kotoge & Taiji Ishimori) vs. No Mercy (Genba Hirayanagi & SUWA)
3. Burning (Atsushi Aoki & Kotaro Suzuki) vs. Burning (Kentaro Shiga & Tamon Honda)
4. Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Masao Inoue & Takeshi Morishima
5. BRAVE (Mohammed Yone & Takashi Sugiura) & Akitoshi Saito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata
6. Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji vs. NO FEAR (Takao Omori & Yoshihiro Takayama)
7. Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Maybach Taniguchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Jun Akiyama, Keiji Muto, Kensuke Sasaki & Kenta Kobashi

Thank you. :) Watching watching watching in full.

I saw the Main Event match with Cesaro and K-Kwik, but I was still in the concourse during the entrances so I don't know if he was German.

I do know that they weren't selling the Cesaro t-shirt, but that really wasn't a surprise.

Also at least him being German makes a little more sense than his Italian-as-fuck name.

XenoRaven

Well you can still buy the Swiss looking shirt. And the description says he is Swiss and proud of his heritage. I was thinking about getting one but it says "Very European. Uber American." on the back and I don't know wtf that is supposed to mean.

strobogo

Banned
I can't believe WWE is screwing up Claudio. I mean, I can believe it, but I can't believe that I can believe that I can't believe it. If there was one guy on the indies that was perfect for WWE, it was him. A guy who towers over the indies and is one of the biggest guys on the roster who can work every style with every sized opponent and can speak multiple languages when they're big on guys being bilingual. So they give him a rugby gimmick, have him win a title yet job for months, and when he starts actually getting reactions by doing awesome power stuff, they pair him with The Miz for 3 months.

KissVibes

Banned
I saw the Main Event match with Cesaro and K-Kwik, but I was still in the concourse during the entrances so I don't know if he was German.

I do know that they weren't selling the Cesaro t-shirt, but that really wasn't a surprise.

Also at least him being German makes a little more sense than his Italian-as-fuck name.

Everyone complains about his shirt not being sold at events. I don't think it's ever there.

gurudyne

I can't believe WWE is screwing up Claudio. I mean, I can believe it, but I can't believe that I can believe that I can't believe it. If there was one guy on the indies that was perfect for WWE, it was him. A guy who towers over the indies and is one of the biggest guys on the roster who can work every style with every sized opponent and can speak multiple languages when they're big on guys being bilingual. So they give him a rugby gimmick, have him win a title yet job for months, and when he starts actually getting reactions by doing awesome power stuff, they pair him with The Miz for 3 months.

That's just Hunter-Gatherer's way of testing his buryimmunosystems. Think of it as a year long vaccination against bad booking. This time next year, he'll be tagging with Cena to outwrestle sixteen guys at once.

A few recent ZERO1 matches worth your time;

Daichi Hashimoto vs Kota Ibushi - Hashimoto Return Match - (ZERO1 04/15/13)

Shinjiro Otani & Masato Tanaka vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi - (ZERO1 04/15/13)

Masato Tanaka vs Shinjiro Otani - Tanaka 20th Anniversary Match - (ZERO1 05/04/13)

Plus, I haven't got around to it yet, but this match from All Japan is meant to be real good stuff;

Burning (Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki) (c) vs Junior Stars (Minoru Tanaka & Koji Kanemoto) - All Asia Tag Title Match - (AJPW 05/18/13)

Hashimoto vs Ibushi was real fun - Daichi's put on a few pounds in his time off injured, which is probably for the best as he was scrawny as hell before, now he just needs to work on his physique. Ibushi bullies him for much of the early match with some nasty kicks to his injured arm, but Daichi gets his own back by dunking Ibushi right on his damn skull...

i8ouvZo7hYaeF.gif

...before trying his hand at his old man's vertical drop brainbuster;

iluFwBeferN8x.gif

somedevil

That's just Hunter-Gatherer's way of testing his buryimmunosystems. Think of it as a year long vaccination against bad booking. This time next year, he'll be tagging with Cena to outwrestle sixteen guys at once.

Hunter is not behind Cesaro problem. Its Vince who not a fan of him and causing his problems. Its also didn't help that Cesaro was the last guy called up before Hunter got more power in NXT in calling up talent. He decread NXT talent won't be called up without a storyline and Cesaro missed that boat.

So now he is stuck until Vince likes him again.

Ithil

The idea that Cesaro is "boring" and thus not worthy of being pushed, when Del Rio with his super push gets crickets and puts the crowd it sleep, is funny.

strobogo

Banned
The idea that Cesaro is "boring" and thus not worthy of being pushed, when Del Rio with his super push gets crickets and puts the crowd it sleep, is funny.

I assume having a top face for the Hispanic/Latino community is a bit more important than the Swiss fans to have a guy to latch on to. But it's true. ADR has basically had zero reaction for his entire run except for cashing in MITB. It's pretty strange. I can't remember a guy pushed so hard as a top guy for 3 years now that has had such pitiful reactions the entire time. They should just put Ricardo in his spot, because Ricardo is 100% more over. I think ADR is much more natural as a face, but the crowds just don't care about him and haven't the entire time he's been in WWE.

Ithil

I assume having a top face for the Hispanic/Latino community is a bit more important than the Swiss fans to have a guy to latch on to. But it's true. ADR has basically had zero reaction for his entire run except for cashing in MITB. It's pretty strange. I can't remember a guy pushed so hard as a top guy for 3 years now that has had such pitiful reactions the entire time. They should just put Ricardo in his spot, because Ricardo is 100% more over. I think ADR is much more natural as a face, but the crowds just don't care about him and haven't the entire time he's been in WWE.

Yeah it's all nice on paper to say "well a Latino star would be a good idea", but in practice Del Rio is a flop as a face and a heel. Never mind the audience Cesaro comes from (Switzerland and central Europe in general), he's just a better star than Del Rio overall. I don't believe his being European would stop him being a big star in the US at all.

Striker

They had Del Rio running strong as the top heel on Smackdown until the post-Mania debacle with Orton and Christian. Keep Christian as a face, feud with Del Rio (they worked really well together) and keep Orton out of the title picture. Too hard for Vince and poops in bags, but they ruined it for both Del Rio and Christian. Del Rio went on to feud with Kane and Big Show, and didn't recover until he moved to being a face.

somedevil

Well the Cesaro titantron was used in Main Event and he got rid of all the gear he was wearing before that. He is now wearing his Bruno Sammartino tights now.

Top Bottom