• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's challenges Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito with new Southwest Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
This is great. I like their grilled chicken stuff okay enough. And their new bacon is an improvement (though still quite lacking as bacon goes), but anytime i'm in a mcdonalds, seems like at least 2/3 of the people order strictly off the dollar menu and nothing else, even though they shrink the dollar menu down to the size of an A5 piece of paper and put it off to the side hoping nobody will see it. People know what's up, if you can't get cheap food at mcdonalds then what good is it? Their $5 and $6 burgers are 'okay' but are they really worth 5x or 6x a mcdouble? I think not. The McDouble is a great value for the price. Glad they are expanding on the value stuff.

kaskade

If I want to eat something and I'm short on my expendable income for the week, I'll usually grab a thing or two off the dollar menu. I try to limit it but damn if that stuff isn't good. The onion cheddar burger is amazing.

Hero

Wat is with McDonald's aversion to putting tomato on sandwiches?

Tomatoes are one of the most expensive toppings you can put on a sandwich/burger and cuts into the profit margin. That's why only the big sandwiches get tomatoes. Up here in the Northeast at Taco Bell regular tacos don't even have tomatoes on them anymore and if you want them you have to upgrade to "supreme" tacos.

Ferrio

Banned
Judging by every other fast food menu and my supreme taste, public opinion is heavily in favor of tomatoes. Also they belong on a fucking burger, you communist.

Ya, and I bet a ton of people pull the thing off too letting it go to waste. Not to mention they make burgers a lot more sloppy. Bite into the damn thing and it goes shooting out the back end or drips tomato juice everywhere.

I got excited when I saw Southwest Burger in the title, was hoping for a Green Chile Cheeseburger (though I am sure they wouldn't have used the correct kind of chile grr) and was very sad when apparently that means just tortillas and bbq

The one Quiznos in my area closed down a year ago. The franchise is losing stores faster than Bennigans last decade.
Bennigans is slowly mounting a comeback.

Quiznos couldnt compete on price with Subway, so now they are in no mans land with worse food than before but still slightly more expensive than Subway.

mj1108

They have had these here now for the last month or so. Haven't tried any of them and really have no motivation to.

War Eagle

havent had McDonalds in about 4 years, but all of these sound good.

Still not gonna eat it though. Dat diet.

I hear you man. Looks delicious, but I've cut out fast food and soda and couldn't feel any better. Interestingly, when I do rarely eat fast food now, it makes me nauseous. My body is just not used to it anymore.

Enron

Banned
Bennigans is slowly mounting a comeback.

Quiznos couldnt compete on price with Subway, so now they are in no mans land with worse food than before but still slightly more expensive than Subway.

Not to mention they treat their franchisees like pieces of shit.

Norml

Bacon McDouble - it's a McDouble, but with Applewood-smoked bacon added.
mmm...bacon! I like the mcdouble for its price,plus the dollar menu items get done way faster.

I wish they would change the mcdouble with the double cheeseburger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom