• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/26 - 4/1

Xavien

NewLib said:
How are there already FOUR Phoenix Wright games?? When will Capcom learn all this does is cause series to decline in sales prematurely.

I believe the first three were originally on the GBA; but got ported to the DS (where they took off and started to revival of the adventure genre). GS4 is the first game actually made from the ground up for the DS i think.

Edit: semi-beaten :(

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
enishi said:
PW4 1st shipment - 400k. Capcom is in full force to push the title. There is chance that it will sell out its 1st shipment before next arrive in end of April.

Very impressive, if this shipment sells out it is the highest selling Gyakuten Saiban game ever on a single platform.

The DS release of Gyakuten Saiban 1 sold 277,394 and the GBA release of Gyakuten Saiban 2 sold 278,431.

On the subject of frequent releases....
GS1 on the GBA came out in 2001
GS2 on the GBA came out in 2002
GS3 on the GBA came out in 2004
GS4 on the DS came out in 2007

That means over the course of 6 years there are 4 games, which is less frequent than many franchises. Especially by Capcom.

Another trend I would like to point out is that GS is a series whose sales get better as the franchise moves forward, moreso this time because it is a new story arc on the fastest selling console ever.

Edit: And the Japanese lawyer guy is supposedly one of Japan's most famous lawyer, they are pulling out the big guns to have a guy like this push the sales of the series. I look forward in seeing how the game sells and hope that it has legs to make us say WOW.

Personally I may buy the import game just because I can't wait until 2008 and I know that some person will write a translation FAQ sooner or later.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
NewLib said:
How are there already FOUR Phoenix Wright games?? When will Capcom learn all this does is cause series to decline in sales prematurely.
It's not really Phoenix Wright anymore.
Though it does star his daughter.

Hcoregamer00

jj984jj said:

What the !#$%

Stop with your lies, she would be 7 at the oldest.

Not to mention we don't know the mama

Evlar

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
What the !#$%

Oh ho ho! Use your imagination!
I'm talking out of my ass.

Hcoregamer00

The Sphinx said:
Oh ho ho! Use your imagination!
I'm talking out of my ass.

With my imagination phoenix wright would be a
ecchi dating sim

You wouldn't want that now, do you? :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
wow, Musou DS really tanked.
Not surprising, it's really horrible so word of mouth hurt sales.

Hcoregamer00 said:
What the !#$%

It's Minuki somehow.

jj984jj said:
Not surprising, it's really horrible so word of mouth hurt sales.

It's Minuki somehow.
Then the magic would have to make her age. Even if we make the crazy assumption that Phoenix had a daughter after GS3, the leap to GS4 is only seven years. Plus, the candidates for Phoenix's baby momma would either be, uh, Maya or Ema. Even though he has Ema's pin, she seems to definitely not look like a MILF with what we've seen of her.

oh god why am I replying to this seriously

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Rocksteady33 said:
No official numbers yet for the new week?

Software numbers are usually out around 10 P.M EST and a new thread will be created.

Vinnk

The Sphinx said:
Vinnk, you hear this? You need to put GS4 on your list of games to check when it's released.

Sure. I'll look out for it. But it probably won't be on my list this week. (have to check that release date)

On that note I have to say that I will be leaving for the U.S. on April 18th. I will be there visiting my family for about 2 and a half weeks. And while I will have internet and definately be hanging out on NeoGAF, there is no way I can give you guys a "Vinnk's Village" report for a few weeks. I could email Hiro and get the Famicon Dojo numbers, but that would be about it.

ylvis_

Banned
Vinnk said:
Sure. I'll look out for it. But it probably won't be on my list this week. (have to check that release date)

On that note I have to say that I will be leaving for the U.S. on April 18th. I will be there visiting my family for about 2 and a half weeks. And while I will have internet and definately be hanging out on NeoGAF, there is no way I can give you guys a "Vinnk's Village" report for a few weeks. I could email Hiro and get the Famicon Dojo numbers, but that would be about it.

Hiro Nakamura? Zomg..

ANYway... Nintendo said they would ship a lot more Wii's this week compared to previous weeks. Have you seen any evidence on that Vinnk?

Saitou

Banned
Vinnk said:

Unacceptable.

Your only way to redeem this is to have a Vinnk's Travel Anecdotal Report ready for the NPD thread. Chop chop!

<3

Vinnk

ylvis_ said:
Hiro Nakamura? Zomg..

ANYway... Nintendo said they would ship a lot more Wii's this week compared to previous weeks. Have you seen any evidence on that Vinnk?

I still rarely see them at the stores. There might be more. If there are, they are selling as fast as they can put them out. Then again sometimes it takes an additional week before the smaller towns get bigger shipments. At least that was the case for the DS phat.

jvalioli

jj984jj said:
Was this in Famitsu or something? I was trying to avoid most spoilers, and I highlighted this because i thought it was going to say
Phoenix Wright is a bum or something

Busaiku

jvalioli said:
Was this in Famitsu or something? I was trying to avoid most spoilers, and I highlighted this because i thought it was going to say
Phoenix Wright is a bum or something
The 4th game has a new protagonist.

jvalioli

Busaiku said:
The 4th game has a new protagonist.
Yes...

I was asking if
the Minuki thing was said in Famitsu. I usually don't find things that are openly revealed in magazines to be spoilers, but I don't like to hear anything else about games, especially story heavy games like this.

Top Bottom