• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/4 - 6/10

tribal24 said:
when does folklore, trusty bell and ninja gaiden release over there? i wanna see the numbers on those weeks

reading.png

See post 58 or the OP. FolksSoul -失われた伝承- on 6/21.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
tribal24 said:
when does folklore, trusty bell and ninja gaiden release over there? i wanna see the numbers on those weeks

Didn't Dragona unleash the banstick for something as stupid as this a few weeks back? read the OP, it comes complete with new releases for next week!

Anyway, re the legs issue, it is frankly amazing that so many games have lasted so long, for a game such as Mario Kart: DS to be still selling a year on is out of this world and its starting to look like Nintendo is on the verge of repeatng that trick with Wii (Play and Sports spring to mind, the legs of BBA will be a good test of the leggyness of Wii also, as will Brawl when its released).

donny2112 said:
To continue from the other thread ...

The software-only site is shutting down, right?

eg said:
「ゲーム情報サイト『eg(イージー)』」サイト終了のお知らせ
 平素は、弊社の事業に深くご理解・ご協力いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
 NTT出版株式会社では、ゲーム攻略本の制作等により培ってきたユーザーの皆様との関係を活かし、ゲームメーカー様とユーザーの皆様とのパイプ役になることを目指して、2000年7月に「ゲーム情報サイト『eg(イージー)』」<http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/>を開設し、2005年度からは「フィギュア」や「アニメ」に関する情報も含めて発信してまいりましたが、2007年6月22日(金)をもちまして、本サイトを終了することといたしました。[/url]
 長い間、弊社サイトに深くご理解・ご協力いただき、誠にありがとうございました。
 なお、今後ともNTT出版株式会社をよろしくお願いいたします。

2007年 6月8日
NTT出版株式会社

News About the Closure of Game News Site "eg"

Thank you for your regular support of this project of our firm.

NTT Publishing Co., Ltd., publisher of game strategy guides and other works, in an effort to foster a relationship with users, aimed to create a pipeline between game makers and users with the launch of Game News Site "eg" in July, 2000. Although news coverage concerning figurines and anime was added in 2005, we've decided to close the site on Friday, June 22nd, 2007.

Thank you again for your regular support over the years.

Your continued support of NTT Publishing Co., Ltd. is appreciated.

June 8th, 2007
NTT Publishing Co., Ltd.

Evlar

Banned
Cheesemeister said:

NTT Publishing Co., Ltd., publisher of game strategy guides and other works, in an effort to foster a relationship with users, aimed to create a pipeline between game makers and users with the launch of Game News Site "eg" in July, 2000. Although news coverage concerning figurines and anime was added in 2005, we've decided to close the site on Friday, June 22nd, 2007.

June 8th, 2007
NTT Publishing Co., Ltd.
Does this just mean we get software a day later or is it more serious?

The Sphinx said:
Does this just mean we get software a day later or is it more serious?

It means that Thursday nights become SW & HW nights, and we lose LTD numbers for the top 10. We could go back to Gpara, though I'd have to write a new parser and we'd only get LTD figures to the nearest thousand.

Sharp

Cheesemeister said:
It means that Thursday nights become SW & HW nights, and we lose LTD numbers for the top 10. We could go back to Gpara, though I'd have to write a new parser and we'd only get LTD figures to the nearest thousand.
That's terrible news. We could still use the Famitsu software numbers, I suppose, but those come so late. Gpara please!

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Cheesemeister said:

June 8th, 2007
NTT Publishing Co., Ltd.
Ouch, it's not good.

Great sales for Ouendan 2, it can break 200k easily at this pace.
RE4 Wii didn't drop too much which is nice.

Sharp said:
That's terrible news. We could still use the Famitsu software numbers, I suppose, but those come so late. Gpara please!

Nah, we just want MC numbers around which to base the threads as early as possible. Oh, I'd also have to write a new release date parser for Gpara's calendar if everyone still wants that feature. This all pisses me off, but I should be able to still use much of the existing code.

Evlar

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Nah, we just want MC numbers around which to base the threads as early as possible. Oh, I'd also have to write a new release date parser for Gpara's calendar if everyone still wants that feature. This all pisses me off, but I should be able to still use much of the existing code.
We could just manually post up the top ten LTD as they become available until you change the parser.

The Sphinx said:
We could just manually post up the top ten LTD as they become available until you change the parser.

Well, we've still got one more Wednesday night left from eg, so that gives me 2 weeks to get it together. The only thing I have to wonder is, when does Gpara post its numbers? I recall cvx referred to the site during the Golden Week fiasco; maybe he knows.

PSP nice little intrusions on Nintendo's top 10 charts. Friday's first day number's are going to be insane for TB and NGS, regardless if they are good bad or mediocore. Should interesting what Sinibi meant by PSP,PS3,360 bump for this current weeks hardware. Harvest Moon Wii did okay. Should have done better, but maybe it will have legs.

I'm sure I've lived through 3 or 4 'MEDIA CREATE IS ALL OVER, SELL YOUR VIRTUAL BOYS' here on GAF, yet it somehow it ticks over without a hitch.

No-one can kill MC!

Didn't you hear?

Sony and Microsoft have stopped going after each other's throats and your living room. They've now turned their attention to Nintendo and their nefarious scheme to kill gaming.

Thus, Microsoft is letting Team Ninja make NG:Sigma for PS3 in order to give it a boost to heaven.

justchris

Pureauthor said:
Madden '07.

For Golden Week.

There's a point where it stops becoming funny and just becomes sad.

That is so true.

Luckily we haven't reached that point yet.

Madden for Golden Week :lol

CANLI

I don't understand why there's no hype for Observation Training.

I bought the game and I'm playing it since 1 week.
It's way better than the BT. You don't need to know Japanese too.

If Trusty Bell and 360 outsells Sigma and or PS3 next week is gonna be fantastic. Imagine the spin. This week is just a tease, be friday with first day numbers already.

apotema

From now on, we have at least one Wii title that can chart each week, this will be interesting, specially for Dragon Quest Swords, Donkey Kong, Mario Party, Mario Strikers, Momotarou, Gundam and Pro Baseball

Deku

Banned
I'm wondering how well/poorly DQ: Swords will do. I think it will either be a smashing success or it will tank.

sphinx

the piano man
cvxfreak said:
The future of the PS3 hinges on a remake of a recent Xbox game?

I don't think the PS3 belongs in this time and space. A launch in Spring 2008 with some of the heavy hitters would have done much better than what they have done til now.

Its like the ps3 has no present, past or future. If the PS3 ever takes off, it will feel like it has been reborn. Unlike 360 or Wii in which cases we all felt they were actually "there", I have the feeling PS3 is in stand-by mode, in limbo. I often wonder where will the PS3 end up once everything is said and done.

CANLI

Deku said:
I'm wondering how well/poorly DQ: Swords will do. I think it will either be a smashing success or it will tank.

It will be ok, 100 k first week and 250-300k LTD life.

Tomorrow, we'll have the Hardware numbers. I'm wondering if the Wii > 3M before the PS3 >1M..

It is interesting to note that for a while, Nintendo hasn't released any major game for the Nintendo DS; that's because there is no need ! The top 20 is full of games that came out last year or even before ! Crazy. It reminds me the original Super Mario Bros. or the first Pokémon. Simply they stayed in the top 10 for years.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Mario Kart DS is what amazes me more than anything else. It's at ~ 2.5m and still sells ~ 15k weekly in a traditionally slow period of the year. Incredible legs.

kisakiproject said:
If Trusty Bell and 360 outsells Sigma and or PS3 next week is gonna be fantastic. Imagine the spin. This week is just a tease, be friday with first day numbers already.

Do we have shipment numbers for any of the big players?

CANLI said:
Tomorrow, we'll have the Hardware numbers. I'm wondering if the Wii > 3M before the PS3 >1M..

The only thing that would prevent this from happening is if Ninja Gaiden and Folklore/Folksoul substantially spike PS3 sales. It remains to be seen how big of a spike we'll see when these two titles get released.

In the meantime, though, Wii only has to outsell PS3 by a 4.43 to 1 ratio for the next 1 month+ and it will get to 3 million before PS3 gets to 1 million.

lol, I didn't notice previous Evangelion Pachinko was released this same week last year. Not too bad start (100k vs 80k). Similar drops for FF2 and DBZ SB2...just like that Baseball game from Konami. Mmm I wonder what will 3rd parties do, they sell a little on PSP games that can't be released in other platforms, I hope Sony is doing its work encouraging them to keep developing on PSP even if they yearly sequels with PS2 engines and so.

Btw, it seems we won't see Revenant Wings numbers even in Famitsu, did it reach 500k? Mmm...I want to know how far are Kirby, Love & Berry and Monster Hunter Portable of a million! ><

Top Bottom