• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 7/7 - 7/13

Yaweee

JoshuaJSlone said:
Japan-Game Charts's million seller list has PS1 Dragon Quest IV at about 1.2 million. However, PS2 Dragon Quest V sold more than 1 million its first week and eventually ended up past 1.6 million. Doesn't sound extremely limited.

Ah, I was wrong. I was under the impression that the game was very, very expensive on the second hand market, but I guess not.

Koren

Leezard said:
What country are you from? We have a separate button for that on the keyboards in Sweden. I believe the french have it as well.
That's true. But I think that in QWERTY, AltGr + ´ should be a dead key, so pressing AltGr + ´ then e should give é (or any other combination you want and which is available in the charset)

donny2112

Spiegel said:
This is Media-Create and PSP games are selling well in Japan since the redesign. That's a fact

It's a fact that there has been an upturn this year. However, it is still selling very poorly for the best selling video game system of this year, and the fewer releases compared to the DS does not explain all of that away. It's a good thing for the hardware sales, then, that it's not selling primarily as a UMD playing device.

Stumpokapow said:
Strikers actually had quite commendable off-chart growth so it wasn't as much of a bomba as you might expect--

The fact it had a dramatic price collapse didn't hurt, either. Of course, I don't know how much (if any) of GCN Strikers's sales were due to a price collapse, so it may still be comparable. :)

Band Bros. DX besting its predecessor's yearly total in its second week is quite visually striking.

Doing a trajectory match on the first two weeks leads to a wide variety of results, though. On the low end there's Front-loaded Mission 5 crapping out at 200K. On the high end there's million-seller Super Mario 64 DS.

apujanata

JoshuaJSlone said:
Band Bros. DX besting its predecessor's yearly total in its second week is quite visually striking.

Doing a trajectory match on the first two weeks leads to a wide variety of results, though. On the low end there's Front-loaded Mission 5 crapping out at 200K. On the high end there's million-seller Super Mario 64 DS.

Expecting BBDX to have trajectory similar to SM64DS is asking for "smashed dream" or "quashed / impossible expectation", especially since SM64DS is a launch game. Better go with FM5 trajectory, or something higher (but not SM64DS high).

The_Joint

JoshuaJSlone said:

I'm surprised this game caught on. I loved the first game and the second game is a solid improvement all-around. The download service is phenomenal (over 1000 songs and counting). It's nice when a good "niche" game has good sales.

It seems to me it's a Ouendan-type situation. A solid but overlooked first entry and a great follow-up that catches on. Whatever the reason it's selling... GO DBBDX! NOA, localize this now!

I miss PantherLotus' graphs. :-(

Upcoming releases for the next week [07/21 - 07/27/2008]:

Code:
[B][U]NDS:[/U][/B]
07/24  	Kangaeru Ryoku o Gungun Nobasu! DS Youji no Nou Tre
07/24	Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble Hyper - Moeyo Mirai
07/24	Kikansha Thomas DS 2: Asonde Manabu DS Youchien
07/24	Kirarin * Revolution: Minna de Odorou Furi Furi Debut!
07/24	Koma Neko DS
07/24	Korg DS-10
07/24	Kung Fu Panda
07/24	Kuwagata Tsumami: Kuttsuke! Tsumami Hako
07/24	Machi-Ing Maker DS
07/24	Mezase Seishun! Koushien DS
07/24	Moetan DS
07/24	New International Hyper Sports DS
07/24	SimCity DS (EA Best Hits)
07/24	Speed Racer
07/24	Steal Princess: Touzoku Oujo
07/24	Touch de Taikyaku! Yawaraka Sensha
07/24	Twilight Syndrome: Kinjiratera Toshi Densetsu

[B][U]PS2:[/U][/B]
07/24  	Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (EA:SY! 1980)
07/24 	BioHazard 4 (PlayStation 2 the Best Reprint)
07/24 	Bully
07/24 	Burnout Dominator (EA:SY! 1980)
07/24 	Busou Renkin: Yokosu Papillon Park e (Best Collection)
07/24 	Fight Night Round 2 (EA:SY! 1980)
07/24 	Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 15
07/24 	Medal of Honor: Europa Kyoushuu (EA:SY! 1980)
07/24 	Samurai Spirits: Rokuban Shoubu
07/24 	Shin Bokujou Monogatari: Pure Innocent Life (Best Collection)

[B][U]Wii:[/U][/B]
07/23  	Tsuushin Taikyoku: Hayazashi Shougi Sandan

07/24 	Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 15
07/24	Kung Fu Panda
07/24	Mesaze! Tsuri Master: Sekai ni Challenge! Hen
07/24	Samurai Spirits Rokuban Shoubu
07/24	Wario Land Shake

[B][U]PSP:[/U][/B]
07/24  	Anata o Yurusanai (AQ the Best)
07/24	Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd
07/24	Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Best Price!)
07/24	Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
07/24	Infinite Loop: Kojjou ga Miseta Yume
07/24	Jitsuwa Kaidan: Shinmimi Bukuro - Ichi no Shou (Metro the Best)

[U][B]PS3:[/B][/U]
07/24 	Kung Fu Panda
07/24	Siren New Translation
07/24	Wangan Midnight (PlayStation 3 the Best)

[B][U]X360:[/U][/B]
07/24  	Bully: Scholarship Edition
07/24	Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm curious how Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu will do on Wii this year. The PS2 version is more expensive, but so far when there are PS2/Wii releases the PS2 version always dwarfs the Wii version.

apujanata

schuelma said:
I'm curious how Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu will do on Wii this year. The PS2 version is more expensive, but so far when there are PS2/Wii releases the PS2 version always dwarfs the Wii version.

What is the price of PS2 version and Wii version ?

cw_sasuke said:
seems like konami is forcin a transition on wii..still i guess the ps2 version will still sell far more copies...

It's more like they have to lower the price of the Wii version to make it sell well enough.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
AnimeTheme said:
It's more like they have to lower the price of the Wii version to make it sell well enough.

could also be - still the results would be the same...

hope it sells well on wii...

FrankT

schuelma said:
It's never out until Wednesday morning, around 9:30 A.M EST

Ah, nvm then, could have sworn I've see them earlier in weeks past, not MC's numbers, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

CTLance

Wario shake will release soonish? Ooooh. J-Gaf, you know what to do.

Also, obligatory banninated-PL-means-no-PL-charts-:(

:(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mkliner said:
How long?

Does it matter?

This is what will happen whenever he gets unbanned- He'll last a couple of weeks, then link to his awesome charts and Amirox will ban him. It's like clockwork.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pureauthor said:
'That guy' has left GAF, although I'm sure a few of the venerable Sales-Agers could whip something up with a bit of effort.

I wonder how DS fares WW...now there is a tracking project

donny2112

So, I now have a formatter for the Media-Create weekly page.

1. [PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus Co. ) - 192,812
2. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 30,072
3. [NDS] Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan (Nintendo) - 28,543
4. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 24,976
5. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) - 23,207
6. [WII] Resident Evil 0 (Capcom) - 20,999
7. [NDS] Derby Stallion DS (Enterbrain) - 20,392
8. [NDS] Hanayori Danshi: Koi Seyo Onago (Boys Over Flowers: A Girl in Love) (Konami) - 20,241
9. [NDS] Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daigekisen (Namco Bandai Games) - 15,967
10. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (Capcom) - 15,835
11. [PSP] God of War: Chains of Olympus (Capcom)
12. [NDS] Beautiful Letter Training DS (Nintendo)
13. [WII] Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball (Nintendo)
14. [PS3] Initial D: Extreme Stage (SEGA)
15. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot (Konami)
16. [WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Namco Bandai Games)
17. [NDS] Nanashi no Game (The Game with no Name) (Square Enix)
18. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 3 (Konami)
19. [NDS] Custom Beat Battle: Draglade 2 (Namco Bandai Games)
20. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
21. [NDS] Naruto Shippuuden: Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu - Gekitou! Naruto vs. Sasuke (Ninja Council) (Takara Tomy)
22. [PS2] Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 12: CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Shito, Futatabi (D3 Publisher)
23. [PS3] Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Spike)
24. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master 2 (Namco Bandai Games)
25. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
26. [PSP] Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. (Sword & Magic & School) (Acquire)
27. [PSP] Super Robot Taisen A Portable (Namco Bandai Games)
28. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
29. [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
30. [NDS] Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ichi-Kan - Tatari (1st Chapter - Tatari) (Alchemist)
31. [NDS] Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (SEGA)
32. [NDS] Bokura wa Kaseki Holder (We are Fossil Diggers) (Nintendo)
33. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
34. [PSP] Poncotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot: Vehicle Battle Tournament (Steambot Chronicles) (Irem)
35. [WII] Family Trainer (Namco Bandai Games)
36. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
37. [NDS] Pet Shop Monogatari DS (Taito)
38. [PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (Namco Bandai Games)
39. [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
40. [NDS] Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! (SEGA)
41. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
42. [NDS] Tottadoo! Yoiko's Deserted Island Life (Namco Bandai Games)
43. [NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
44. [PSP] Valhalla Knights 2 (Marvelous)
45. [NDS] Riku to Johan: Kaeta Nimai no E (fonfun)
46. [NDS] Bokura no TV Game Kentei (Namco Bandai Games)
47. [PSP] Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula VS (Sunrise Interactive )
48. [PSP] World Neverland 2-in-1 Portable (fonfun)
49. [NDS] Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary (IE Institute)
50. [NDS] Puyo Puyo! (BEST) (SEGA)

jesusraz

That's great donny - any chance of doing the same for the other two weeks?

Nice to see Nanashi no Game hanging around longer than expected. Hopefully S-E Europe sticks to its word and considers it for translation!

creamsugar

Famitsu

PS3 11,967
PS2 10,278
PSP 76,041
Wii 42,497
DSL 61,089
360 3,655

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - 679,000
Gundam Battle Universe - 153,000

Scum

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

PS3 11,967
PS2 10,278
PSP 76,041
Wii 42,497
DSL 61,089
360 3,655

PSP and DS lead the way.
Wii averaging 40k....
...and I've yet to play a Dragon Quest game... :O

Parl

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

PS3 11,967
PS2 10,278
PSP 76,041
Wii 42,497
DSL 61,089
360 3,655

Wow.

Fady K

HOLY SHIT @ PSP hardware sales the week Dragon Quest V came out on the DS. I am speechless.

:( @ PS3.

Awesome DQV sales too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
apujanata said:
Expecting BBDX to have trajectory similar to SM64DS is asking for "smashed dream" or "quashed / impossible expectation", especially since SM64DS is a launch game. Better go with FM5 trajectory, or something higher (but not SM64DS high).
Wasn't the original Band Brothers a launch title as well?

fberger

creamsugar said:
Famitsu

PS3 11,967
PS2 10,278
PSP 76,041
Wii 42,497
DSL 61,089
360 3,655

psp have a new color right ?

Holy crap @ PSP sales.

DQV has the best opening week of a DS DQ so far (though nowhere near the PS2 version which opened at ~1.1m first week). Nice.

Paracelsus

The Innocent X said:
Solidbump is dead, whats the next bump along the road. Undiscoverybump for the 360?

Nah, IU comes out in September, and I do not think that is going to give any kind of serious bump. Vesperia comes first, 7th August, and that instead should be a bump.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Fady K said:
HOLY SHIT @ PSP hardware sales the week Dragon Quest V came out on the DS. I am speechless.
PSP had a new color + TV Tuner Bundle - which looks like it made more of a bump then DQ5 overall.

Paracelsus said:
Nah, IU comes out in September, and I do not think that is going to give any kind of serious bump. Vesperia comes first, 7th August, and that instead should be a bump.

Oh, yeah, got those switched in my mind. Stream crossage possible I guess.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PSP is a huge success in Japan. Sony just needs a way to convince PSP owners to buy a PS3. Think of a great connectivity concept Sony :)

Anasui Kishibe said:
MKWII has awesome legs. I'm still saying it will go neck to neck with the DS version, and probably overtake it
Not so sure of that, if only because the DS version is still selling. But it'll obviously soon overtake the N64 game.

Fady K

Fafalada said:
PSP had a new color + TV Tuner Bundle - which looks like it made more of a bump then DQ5 overall.

I know, honestly the PSP being so successful in hardware in Japan - I never ever expected it to be anywhere close to this after the 2005, 2006 sales mainly.

Fady K

marc^o^ said:
PSP is a huge success in Japan. Sony just needs a way to convince PSP owners to buy a PS3. Think of a great connectivity concept Sony :)

Im hoping this success will translate to more games announced honestly.

Talamius

Fady K said:

Unfortunately I think the PSP is the only platform where rampant piracy is actually making developers think twice about it.

Fady K said:
I think we'll definitely see more games get announced as the few that we've seen released for the PSP since the Slim launch have done quite well; the redesign really worked wonders for the PSP.

Fady K

Talamius said:
Unfortunately I think the PSP is the only platform where rampant piracy is actually making developers think twice about it.

This. Seriously, everytime I go to pick up a new PSP game, the guy tells me "Im surprised you're not downloading yet..people are just downloading everything" :(

Magicpaint said:
I think we'll definitely see more games get announced as the few that we've seen released for the PSP since the Slim launch have done quite well; the redesign really worked wonders for the PSP.

One thing I would like to see is Square-Enix try releasing a Dragon Quest title for the system and see how it sells. Seriously, wonders is the exact word. And with today's announcement of a new Idolmaster coming, its expected to see another game sell well on the platform over in Japan.

Top Bottom