• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Whoa...WHOA... I DID IT!!

Also now its obvious who the 3rd character will be...at least I think it is.

Why is there a diagnostics screen for Bass during the ending conversation with Wily? Bass has been around for awhile now, so this kind of seems strange.

Would be nice if W Zero turned up as a boss in MM 10. Classic Wily angry robot eyes and all (like in the Power Battle ending).

dralla

I thought up of a bunch of robots a long time ago, I remember I had some good ones..can't remember most of them. i thought Satellite Man was a good one. outer space level with screwed up gravity.

nincompoop said:
I beg to differ, Rockman No Constancy holds its own against the best of the Mega Man series.
Rockman No Constancy is friggin' awesome!
Another good one is Mega Man Exile. Seems all the best hacks out there are for Mega Man 2.

In any case, can't wait for this!!!! :-D

Echoes

What I demand from 10:

- Shadow stages (a la MM3)
- Two fortresses

Really, with the perfection in level design that they had in 9, all I really want is more more more. More clever stages, more kick-ass fortresses (or a huge one, whatev), more original enemies. I wouldn't say "more characters" but they did it! Which is totally cool IMO. Easy difficulty is _really_ cool for people who suck and I appreciate it, but I don't think I'll even try it once. This is Mega, baby.

Oh, and more awesome music! Wily Stage 1 in 9 is my favorite Wily tune in the series. Easily butt-stomps MM2's.

EXCITED.

Good to see people enjoying/going back to MM9 after this announcement. Makes me want to pick it up again and do another play through.

Whimsical Phil said:
I would not be surprised at all if we did.

I really wouldn't.
Mega Man 7 had both Spring Man and Freeze Man and Magic Man was in Rockman & Forte/Mega Man & Bass although they did look a bit different in the games.

EmCeeGramr said:
29cv31k.jpg
I want a poster of this.

Edit: Did they ever sell or give away posters for MM9's boxart?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Teknoman said:
:lol Is that even possible?

EDIT: lol at the Mega lecture.

Im sure it probably is....

Back in the day i played the original Mega Man so much that i could go all the way through and beat it without losing a life.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
They should do a new contest for submitting bosses for 10.

They should use that Power Man design, the one with electrical plugs for hands. I picture him jumping all around the room which is covered is electrical socket-like things, hanging from them by plugging into them, and attacking Mega Man from there. Each plug he hangs from could give him a different attack, so the player would need to remember what each one does.

Red Scarlet said:
They should do a new contest for submitting bosses for 10.

It's probably too late in the development cycle for that, if they're apparently already localizing text.

I still don't get why folks start requesting features for a particular game mere months before release, when bug fixing is already in full-swing.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Cheesemeister said:
It's probably too late in the development cycle for that, if they're apparently already localizing text.

I still don't get why folks start requesting features for a particular game mere months before release, when bug fixing is already in full-swing.

Yeah. The game is probably only a month or two away from release. We just have to wait until the remaining RMs are revealed.

Red Scarlet

Cheesemeister said:

I didn't read the article and the topic says 'announced', not 'a couple months away'. So there.

lyre

Scarlet: It's an 8bit style game reusing all the main components of an already existing game; it shouldn't take long to create 8 new robot masters, 12 to 15 levels to accompany them and the code to make it run. It should take a few months tops ... well, thinking up some pay for dlc will take another month to implement but its dev cycle shouldn't take too long unlike just about every other game being released nowadays.

dralla

omg rite said:
They should use that Power Man design, the one with electrical plugs for hands. I picture him jumping all around the room which is covered is electrical socket-like things, hanging from them by plugging into them, and attacking Mega Man from there. Each plug he hangs from could give him a different attack, so the player would need to remember what each one does.

2868090177_c7ae7378a7.jpg

RaidenZR

lyre said:
Scarlet: It's an 8bit style game reusing all the main components of an already existing game; it shouldn't take long to create 8 new robot masters, 12 to 15 levels to accompany them and the code to make it run. It should take a few months tops ... well, thinking up some pay for dlc will take another month to implement but its dev cycle shouldn't take too long unlike just about every other game being released nowadays.

There's also that thing called 'level design'.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Question - I want to buy MM9, can;t decide between Wii of PS3. Does the PS3 version look any better due to HDMI? Or are they the exact same.

Ermac said:
Question - I want to buy MM9, can;t decide between Wii of PS3. Does the PS3 version look any better due to HDMI? Or are they the exact same.

if you're looking for improved "HD" graphics, I think you're missing the point. if you're looking for a reason to go with one version or the other, let it be controller preference or the amount of points you have on either account

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Gryphter said:
if you're looking for improved "HD" graphics, I think you're missing the point. if you're looking for a reason to go with one version or the other, let it be controller preference or the amount of points you have on either account

I know, I was just wondering if the image is crisper or anything on the triple. Wii it is!

lyre

RaidenZR said:
There's also that thing called 'level design'.
If Miyamoto can shit out 8 or 9 worlds of levels in quick succession for NSMBW after the surprising success of the guaranteed to succeed DS version (especially since the two games, like MM9/10, reuses so many assets), I'm sure the talents at Capcom can come up with at least 12, upwards to 15 levels of varying quality in much less time. They're cheap but not incompetent.

B.K. said:
Proto Man is Lord Zedd?
oshit! I thought he looked familiar there! Gogo blue megaman!

Ermac: Graphics are gonna be the same, so it's really Wiimote/Componant vs PS3 controller/HDMI, and HDMI should give a crisper picture.

Enk

makes good threads.
Ermac said:

Having played all 3 versions the Wii one surprisingly looks the best. For some reason the HD counterparts have a bit of softness to the visuals were as the Wii version is quite sharp.

Someone supposedly with the article: http://www.themmnetwork.com/ under the headline "Mega Man 10 in March, Commando Man, Yashichi, and More"
New details:
  • another boss: Commando Man
  • ice boss in charge of a glacier stage, snowmen with exploding heads, ice blocks which break if shot or touched
  • sewer stage, slug-like Mets
  • stadium stage, baseball-throwing robots, soccer ball platforms that rise when shot, soccer goalie mid-boss
  • desert stage, vision-obscuring sandstorms
  • Yashichi returns to refill Life and Weapons energy
  • between-level shop returns
  • multiple modes
  • in-game achievement-style challenges
  • online ranking
  • downloadable content
  • no sliding or charge shots
  • no female robot masters
  • launches this March

jett

D-Member
Enk said:
Having played all 3 versions the Wii one surprisingly looks the best. For some reason the HD counterparts have a bit of softness to the visuals were as the Wii version is quite sharp.

Yeah I was really disappointed that MM9 on the PS3 didn't look razor sharp. Screen says it runs at 1080p but it might as well be some upscaled low-res crap. I wanted to see the pixels in all their glory. :|

linkboy

Wow, March is totally going to destroy my wallet. It is my birthday month, so that might soften the blow a bit.

Can't wait for this game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ermac said:
If anything the Wii version looks better due to composite.

Joei

March? Really? I don't know how I'm going to play all the games I want next year. There are just too many games top-quality games I want to play and more keep being announced.

Red Scarlet

lyre said:

Yeah I remember playing Megaman 2 a few months after 1, and 3 a few months after 2, and 4..oh wait it took awhile between each one.

udivision

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah I remember playing Megaman 2 a few months after 1, and 3 a few months after 2, and 4..oh wait it took awhile between each one.

TIMING!

Seriously, the game probably didn't take much time to make. It's not a slight or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom