• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino4evr

Amir0x said:
I won't count on it. I don't care that it's on WiiWare or Wii - this is clearly unapologetically old school and hardcore so we don't have to worry about any controller shenanigans and it looks awesome as a result - but without the space, there's not much I can do. I already deleted everything I don't use anymore, and I'm still at like 100 blocks left.

do you really need that Everybody Votes channel. I know you won a few contests but maybe it's time to let the deam die.

Odrion

Banned
Amir0x said:
oh man this is totally awes--

--WiiWare, you say? Guess I can't purchase it because there's no space. Sorry Capcom it looks rad but hey you know who to talk to.
It's a NES game, it'll be like a half a block.

Sweet that I knew there would be the usual personas in this thread. I somehow knew Dark10x would be in here talking about HD pixels and Amirox doing his usual protest on the soapbox.

On the upside, Mega Man 9 sounds totally awesome! Bring on the 8 bit goodness!

RagnarokX

hmmm, well releasing the Mega Mans on VC in build up for this would be a good idea, except MM7 and MM8 could be a bad idea because they use different graphics/art style and might make MM9 feel like a step backwards to some people. Plus MM8 is a PSX game, so I dunno how that'd work out...

We don't have any videos yet, but I'm expecting the game to do things the NES couldn't handle. Wii-enhanced graphics tricks that should make the experience feel fresh. Kinda like SotN.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Sounds absolutely amazing, even down to going back to 8 bit graphics... but the 8 bit music is what really gets me excited. Makes perfect sense, too, with the popularity of chiptunes, indie artists and rappers ripping off those same chiptunes, and the chiptune-like sound currently en vogue in the dance music community - the genres of electro, tech-house and minimal.

Love how they ditched the stupid "animal" theme and went back to _____ MAN, love how there's a retro story with no Maverick/Zero/emo/animu BS in it, I just hope they throw a few fresh things into the game to keep it from feeling like latter-day NES Mega Man games and make it feel more like 2 and 3.

botticus

Amir0x said:
oh man this is totally awes--

--WiiWare, you say? Guess I can't purchase it because there's no space. Sorry Capcom it looks rad but hey you know who to talk to.
Thank God, I was worried that this thread might run its course without devolving into bitching about Wii storage space. Thanks Amir0x!

Sharp

Wait what? That is pretty crazy. Fucking 512MB sucks though, or is Nintendo going to do something about that now?

VegaShinra

When the scans were posted at the Capcom*Unity, Corporate Officer and Vice-president of Strategic Planning & Business Development Christian Svensson stated "I will also say, NP only has part of the story. More to be learned later."
Was this posted?

Amir0x

Banned
rhino4evr said:
do you really need that Everybody Votes channel. I know you won a few contests but maybe it's time to let the deam die.

I never even downloaded that channel. I wanted to but at the time my space was taken up as well. Recently I deleted a fuckton of shit to put on Lost Winds that Anihawk sent me, but after even more cleaning I only have about 100 usable blocks. The rest of games I do play on a semi-regular basis.

botticus said:
Thank God, I was worried that this thread might run its course without devolving into bitching about Wii storage space. Thanks Amir0x

The truth is the truth.

ZeoVGM

Banned
djtiesto said:
Love how they ditched the stupid "animal" theme and went back to _____ MAN.

Oh no, my head is hurting from the wrongness of this. :[

They didn't ditch the animal theme and go back to ____ MAN. It has always been ____ MAN.

The animal theme is what the X series uses (and it was cool up through X4).

Alex

I have six VC games, most of the channels except like Internet (my PC is hooked to my HDTV), and three WiiWare games, and while it'll be a bitch in the future, it's not really an issue yet. I think I have like 1000 blocks left. What exactly do you have on your machine, Ami?

CTLance

8-Bit style eh? I'd have preferred 16-Bit graphics to be honest. Nonetheless, yay.

Also, while I wouldn't have made an ass of myself like Ami
=P
, I am seriously running out of Wii storage, even with repeated fridge cleaning frenzies. I really really hope they'll offer a sensible solution to this problem.

Amir0x

Banned
Alex said:
I have six VC games, most of the channels except like Internet (my PC is hooked to my HDTV), and three WiiWare games, and while it'll be a bitch in the future, it's not really an issue yet. I think I have like 1000 blocks left. What exactly do you have on your machine, Ami?

I have the internet channel, and the new Nintendo channel. Also Lost Winds (Anihawk sent this to me, before anyone thinks I broke my WiiWare protest). Those are the two superfluous channels I have, and the big WiiWare game taking space. Outside of that, I have approximately 15~20 VC games that are on cycle that do get regular to semi-regular place (i've had to delete or move to SD card like quadruple that number).

And the big thing that sucks up space - secret, hidden space - is SAVE files. I have 30 Wii games and rented more and all of them have save files on the system. I've tried moving some, but some of them can't even be moved! I deleted the Mario Kart channel too.

Alex

Oooh, save files. Yeah, I erase my save files a lot nowadays. And I only have 9 Wii games.

It just happens to be a dead horse at this point.

It won't be a dead horse until something is fixed. It's really annoying to have to delete or avoid anything.

Of course, I mostly just play PC games, so I haven't really run into the issue yet myself. Are SD cards really as bad as I read they are? I was thinking of getting one.

omg rite said:

They didn't ditch the animal theme and go back to ____ MAN. It has always been ____ MAN.

This isn't a new series, it's a sequel to the old series. And all the Mega Man games have bosses like ___ man. So the new games still have the animal theme even though they're pretty much out of animals.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alaluef said:
Considering the scope of this news, a "Mega Manize" or "8-bitize" your avatar meme would be interesting. :lol

How would this work? Blue helmet and blaster on every head and right arm? :lol

Edit- And yeah it should be like the size of an SNES game at most, considering they're using 8-bit graphics and midis.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Death_Born said:
This isn't a new series, it's a sequel to the old series. And all the Mega Man games have bosses like ___ man. So the new games still have the animal theme even though they're pretty much out of animals.

Yeah, you officially don't know what you're talking about. No one even said this was a new series. What you just said made no sense.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
omg rite said:

Believe me, I know. I've played through all the original MM's, and X's... I was worried they weren't gonna use _________ MAN in this one.

swerve

Amir0x said:
Until it changes, it's not a dead horse. It's alive and well.

Alive and well in many other threads. Have some respect, and don't show up to a thread about a new NES Mega Man game bitching about the platform it's on.

Cheerilee

duckroll said:
Here's what Inafune has to say about why it's 8-bit after MM8 (the question was about whether the game included elements from previous MMs that they had to cut):

"This isn't really an answer to the question, but Mega Man fans give Mega Man 2 the most praise, and we wanted to surpass that. We weren't thinking about how 9 would look after 8, but how it would look following 1 or 2. We wanted to put out a fun game that gets back to basics."
Dear Inafune

There was a more obvious way for you to surpass Mega Man 2.

29m3bsg.jpg

But then again, if "good graphics" (although I dislike polygons and prefer hand-drawn 2D) already failed you, I guess it seems like a good idea to go in the opposite direction. Crazy, but good. I'm on board (assuming MM9 hits XBLA). Also, you may want to consider that the Powered Up series might not have failed had it been on multiplatform consoles, as opposed to just the PSP.

ZeoVGM

Banned
swerve said:
Alive and well in many other threads. Have some respect, and don't show up to a thread about a new NES Mega Man game bitching about the platform it's on.

Agreed.

It's basically trolling. No reason to bring up something unrelated in a thread about a game itself, which would make the thread go off track from even being about Mega Man at all.

Threi

notag
Amir0x said:
Until it changes, it's not a dead horse. It's alive and well.
dont worry, Nintendo will announce a new 10gb Wii soon, with a new firmware that makes every purchased and upcoming downloadable game or channel 10 times as large.

good times.

DiddyBop

capcom has been the co-mvp(along with nintendo) this gen so far. from fresh new IPs in dead rising and lost planet, to going completely old school for long time fans of megaman. dmc4 and re5 round things up nicely.

A big "fuck you" to any and all complaining this is on only WiiWare for now, considering since the Wii has be completely left out in the cold for every other Capcom digital title released thus far.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
this is by far my favorite game announcement of the year. This is so incredibly awesome. Capcom... glorious.

ZeoVGM

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
The DRM shit on the Wii bothers me. Low space. Can't move to new console. Horrible pricing on games.

If the game is multiplatform (which it very well might be) the price will be the same on all three. Don't blame the Wii for Capcom's game prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom