• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflufan

Banned
I, for one, naturally welcome my new Japanese PC gaming developer overlords and invite them to sit in the place of honor with my Polish, Czech, Ukrainian, and other Eastern European PC gaming overlords.

Nillansan

I have been working on a 'Bayonetta/Vanquish for PC' petition. ArjanN gave me the idea. I have already written the petition text. Angular Graphics and ArjanN has provided quite a bit of input, but I would love to have some feedback from more people before I launch the petition.

If anyone is up for reading the petition text please send me a private message. I could start a Steam Group if that would make communication easier. Some suggestions on how to spread the word about this petition would also be appreciated. I have been thinking about using SteamGifts as a means to spread awareness.

In short, if you would like to help out with this petition, please PM me.

Fuck, I wish I had not watched so much of it on streaming sites. Punished because I did not believe in Platinum. Not saying by a long shot that this won't be day 1 for me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The one downside I see to this, and it is by no means a deal breaker, is the way cutscenes are handled. On consoles, the game uses video clips for ALL cutscenes.

The PS3 version at least uses super high quality videos (which result in a massive disc size) while the 360 videos are rather compressed looking. I highly doubt those videos will be remastered at a higher resolution, however, and will wind up looking rather out of place in the PC version. Worse still, most 30 fps videos do not play evenly on the PC resulting in subtle micro-stuttering during playback.

Obviously the cutscenes do not make the game, but it can be wildly distracting when a game switches back and forth between pristine gameplay and stuttering, low resolution videos.

Neiteio

You people writing a Bayonetta/Vanquish PC petition -- direct it at SEGA. Platinum developed the games; they don't call the shots on platforms. That's the publisher's call... In this case, Sega.

Nillansan

You people writing a Bayonetta/Vanquish PC petition -- direct it at SEGA. Platinum developed the games; they don't call the shots on platforms. That's the publisher's call... In this case, Sega.

Thank you, I am aware of this. The petition is directed at SEGA. I appreciate the advice.

Grief.exe

The one downside I see to this, and it is by no means a deal breaker, is the way cutscenes are handled. On consoles, the game uses video clips for ALL cutscenes.

The PS3 version at least uses super high quality videos (which result in a massive disc size) while the 360 videos are rather compressed looking. I highly doubt those videos will be remastered at a higher resolution, however, and will wind up looking rather out of place in the PC version. Worse still, most 30 fps videos do not play evenly on the PC resulting in subtle micro-stuttering during playback.

Obviously the cutscenes do not make the game, but it can be wildly distracting when a game switches back and forth between pristine gameplay and stuttering, low resolution videos.

I remember the cut scenes for Human Revolution.

Playing at 1440p, all of a sudden some super compressed 480p video starts playing.

Jarring to say the least.

grendelrt

Yeah thats sadly par for the course this gen. I am hoping with both consoles having blu ray next gen this wont happen anymore.

BORN
Into a pack,
There’s no choice,
But take orders to attack...

Locked up in chains,
I get fed...
But the hunger still remains!!!!!!!

Not content to live this way!
Being led by the blind!
Got to plan my dispersal...
TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIINNNNNNNNNNND

Breaking out of my pain
NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAIIIIINNNEEEEDDDDDD
I'M MY OWN MASTER(RACE) NOWWWWWWWWW

OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOoooo

I'm pretty hyped for true 60fps, hopefully even higher. The game's textures are definitely low-res, but maybe mods can help with that.

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
And... up goes my ps3 mgr onto craigslist.

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Sephzilla

Three things I want in MGR for PC

1- Higher resolution textures than the console version

2- ALL THE FRAMERATES

3- Some kind of not ball-bustingly hard to figure out mod support. I just want to make a custom VR mission where I fight three NANOMACHINES, SON at the same time.

I said I'd double (in my case triple) dip if MGR came to PC. More MG/Rising/Platinum in more places is very important; just tell me where and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom