• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess w''ll have to endure every smartass pointing RDR as proof of a trend until the end of time, in every single damn discussion about Rockstar, regardless of how that was obviously the exception, not the rule.

Yeah... it still hurts me to think about it, too ;_;

But MGR on PC :D

There needs to be a bunch more sliceable objects in the levels.

This.

Demo was cool and all, but the aliasing and blur just made it hard to deal with

Exactly my issues. Switching to PC gaming has been a blessing and a curse at the same time. My standards for what I find acceptable is different than it used to be. I now hate low res, lack of aa, non-standards of 60fps. But, again, now that this is coming to PC, i can finally jump on the bandwagon.

I guess w''ll have to endure every smartass pointing RDR as proof of a trend until the end of time, in every single damn discussion about Rockstar, regardless of how that was obviously the exception, not the rule.

We all want RDR on PC, let's not kid ourselves. It's the very sore thumb of console gaming that PC can't experience. I've played it more times than I can count on 360 and I still wish I could play it on PC.

Hypron

Exactly my issues. Switching to PC gaming has been a blessing and a curse at the same time. My standards for what I find acceptable is different than it used to be. I now hate low res, lack of aa, non-standards of 60fps. But, again, now that this is coming to PC, i can finally jump on the bandwagon.

I feel you man. That's also why I'm quite excited about next gen consoles, 2 of those problems will be fixed: games will finally use our TV's native resolution and the use of AA techniques should be a lot more widespread.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but I just remembered that when this game was first announced even prior to Platinum picking up development, that it was announced for PC.

Took awhile.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hm. Good thing I waited.

Maybe this means MGSV on PC too?

Though I would rather get a PS4 version.

Some things that would be really neat:

- Steam Workshop integration for custom VR missions (adding even more replayability to an already highly replayable game)

- White blood option (don't care that it won't match the red blood in the cutscenes)

- Steam trading card support (gotta get my foil Armstrong trading card)

- Higher res textures / a higher onscreen 'parts' allowance

Of course being their first PC game I expect exactly zero of these things to happen. It's nice to think about though.

AW YISSSSSS!

I'm so glad I skipped/waited for getting it for PS3. Awesome news!

Now if they would release Bayonetta so I could sell/give away my 360. :p

dsk1210

Has platinum confirmed they are producing it? I have a strange feeling it will be ported out to someone instead.

Hope it turns out well though, was looking forward to this but was never going to pick it up on the ps3 or 360 if I am entirely honest, I very seldom ever have them on, only for geometry wars 2,demon souls, shadow of the collusus and okami.

- Steam Workshop integration for custom VR missions (adding even more replayability to an already highly replayable game)

- White blood option (don't care that it won't match the red blood in the cutscenes)

Of course being their first PC game I expect exactly zero of these things to happen. It's nice to think about though.

Slightly bummed the US didn't get to experience that moment of realization after the
Samuel
boss fight that Japan got.

feel

I think the port is being handled by Konami, iirc PG said on their twitter to direct all questions about the port to @konami or something.

xn0

What a great game, I'm just finishing up my first run on Revengeance on the 360. Looks like I'll be buying this one again.

ArjanN

I think the port is being handled by Konami, iirc PG said on their twitter to direct all questions about the port to @konami or something.

Eh, that's probably just because Konami is the publisher and is handling the PR side. I expect Konami will make us wait for new info until their pre-E3 event thing though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PC version need some new stuff(well any late port does) Olga's Exoskeleton will be good I think.

I hope Konami is smarter than Capcom and don't sell this at full price (Resident Evil Revelations).

Keasar

Now to just hope that they take the initative to port Vanquish and Bayonetta to PC (Bayonetta should be the easiest as it is built primarily for the XBOX 360).

Coconut

Banned
Fuck and here I was convinced that it wouldn't come out on PC and I bought it on 360 a few weeks back. Whatever Konami, whatever.

I dunno, if by having Konami fund this PC port maybe that could pave the way to cheaper ports for the Sega Platinum games. Bayo and Vanquish scream for PC versions and Anarchy Reigns would have new life with a Steamworks version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom