• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
On the subject of PC availability today, one of the two Brawl guests' hand giveth, the other's hand taketh.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming this is going to be done in-house at Platinum right?

Glad they're getting some PC experience

Unfortunately I've had more than my fill of Rising

Finally. I was really hoping this was going to happen, I have too many technical issues with the console version, at least with the demo, that it didn't warrant a purchase. Now that it's coming to PC, all the problems I had with the console version should be remedied. Excited.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Just give it to me... Awwww yeah, no more ps2 resolution. 60fps with detail in this game could truly be a thing of beauty.

Dear Konami,
Please don't fuck up the pc port.

Signed
Everyone xxxooo

Varna

I felt tempted to buy the PS3 version a few times. But I recall early on there was some comments on a possible PC version. Glad I waited.

(I'm correct in my assumption that this game has very little to do with Metal Gear Solid from a gameplay perspective right?)

Sephzilla

I felt tempted to buy the PS3 version a few times. But I recall early on there was some comments on a possible PC version. Glad I waited.

(I'm correct in my assumption that this game has very little to do with Metal Gear Solid from a gameplay perspective right?)

Correct, it plays more like a Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden styled game.

Protocol7

This is great news; good I waited, now we need Dragon's Dogma.

"In your face!" to all of the ones that said this wasn't coming on PC... :p

Reallink

I knew I shouldn't have played this on PS3, fucking Konami. Soon as I play Dragon Dogma the same shit gonna happen.

drbond

Neo Member
Definitely going to double dip for Rising in a higher res!

Triple dipping myself (Xbox, PS3, and PC).

Lets hope they include at least the PS3 VR missions (the ones supposedly exclusive or whatever) free for the PC release (more than likely they sell Blade Wolf & Jetstream Sam DLC seperately). Those PS3 VR missions are pretty fun.

legacyzero

Banned
Finally. I was really hoping this was going to happen, I have too many technical issues with the console version, at least with the demo, that it didn't warrant a purchase. Now that it's coming to PC, all the problems I had with the console version should be remedied. Excited.
This.

Demo was cool and all, but the aliasing and blur just made it hard to deal with

Alrus

Damn I'm so buying this. (and a 360 controller I guess...)

Now if only Capcom would put Dragon Dogma on PC too...

Grief.exe

Damn I'm so buying this. (and a 360 controller I guess...)

Now if only Capcom would put Dragon Dogma on PC too...

I think they are waiting for Dark Arisen console sales to trickle down and they will make an announcement in a couple months.

...actually very similar to this situation.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I will double dip, don't care. This game deserves it.

Neiteio

Can't wait to F12 the many classic moments between Raiden and Mr. Nanomachines, Son (a.k.a. The Best Final Boss This Gen).

Gestahl

I watched the Two Best Friends playthrough, but I'll toss 20-30$ at a port of this if it at least passes the competency threshold.

I knew it. It was so hard holding out as a huge MGS/Platinum fan, but deep down, I just knew that a superior version was coming along. I almost lost hope, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ill be very pleased if MGS5 also came to the PC. The footages we've seen ran on a 580 I think.

I expect the Metal Gear Solid V story arc to appear on PC. The demo was shown on PC, KojiPro advertised for a PC version of "the next Metal Gear", and based on this it's clear Konami are interested in PC releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom