• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Love the Codec so far. Raiden mentioned Snake <3. Nostalgia all over my ass.

When you get to the sewer level:

"Raiden try not to get spotted."

"No worries, stealth is my specialty."

That's right muthafuckas never forget his origins :3

Xyber

It runs so well - this would really be a perfect game to bump up to 3200x1800. Hope it's possible eventually.

Right now I would take an unlocked FPS over resolution. But I hope both things will get fixed via a patch or some mod eventually.

jet1911

I took a break from this game because I needed to take a DOOMP.

When you get to the sewer level:

"Raiden try not to get spotted."

"No worries, stealth is my specialty."

That's right muthafuckas never forget his origins :3

That part didn't go as planned... :D

Grief.exe

So what's the fix for having black borders while playing in full screen @ 1080p on my TV? Using a 7970.

Have you tried setting a custom resolution to 1920x1079

I took a break from this game because I needed to take a DOOMP.

iF6PqbgFWmW12.gif

I fucking used the codec every other step and I still didn't get the achievement for listening to most of the codec calls :/ Think that one is bugged, is at 0% on steam.

TGMIII

I fucking used the codec every other step and I still didn't get the achievement for listening to most of the codec calls :/ Think that one is bugged, is at 0% on steam.

I doubt it's bugged, there's a lot of codec calls to listen to and many of them are easy to miss. I thought I would have unlocked it on the PS3 version but when I actually looked up all the codec calls I was surprised to see just how many I missed, you need to call everyone multiple times any time you see something remotely new.

Levyne

Banned
Is the codec listening to video calls like what's often portrayed about other MGS games (Never played). ? Like the Snake SSBB taunts? Seems like it would break the flow a ton. I'm unsure if I've ever used the codec.

Edit: Answered below. Nope I've never called anyone. Doubt I ever will, sounds incredibly unfun.

Maybe this will help: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428431

People have multiple messages, and apparently there are even codec calls for the middle of battles. Not to mention different codec calls depending on what happens: e.g. do you manage to save someone or not.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is the codec listening to video calls like what's often portrayed about other MGS games (Never played). ? Like the Snake SSBB taunts? Seems like it would break the flow a ton. I'm unsure if I've ever used the codec.

Edit: Answered below. Nope I've never called anyone. Doubt I ever will, sounds incredibly unfun.

But Doktor is so fun when not talking business!

I doubt it's bugged, there's a lot of codec calls to listen to and many of them are easy to miss. I thought I would have unlocked it on the PS3 version but when I actually looked up all the codec calls I was surprised to see just how many I missed, you need to call everyone multiple times any time you see something remotely new.

I probably spent more of the game in the codec than actually playing if you don't count the horrible amount of time I spent on the final boss. Anytime anything(cutscene, new enemy, new area, boss, after boss, etc) happened I went through everyone listed until they started repeating dialogue.

Maybe this will help: http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428431

People have multiple messages, and apparently there are even codec calls for the middle of battles. Not to mention different codec calls depending on what happens: e.g. do you manage to save someone or not.

Thanks! Will look at that link after I get back from my run, hopefully I'll get it on a second playthough. If nothing else most of the codec conversations were fun.

s_mirage

Is it just me or is this game internally locked to 58.8 fps? It doesn't get above that with v-sync disabled and causes a stutter when it is enabled.

Levyne

Banned
Is it just me or is this game internally locked to 58.8 fps? It doesn't get above that with v-sync disabled and causes a stutter when it is enabled.

Maybe this happens in more games than I know but when I started a sessions fraps would show a fixed 60...and then 59...57....55...then I would just exit and reenter and it would go back to 60. Weird stuff. Anyways, it seems like a lot of the refresh issues is dependent on your display.

Codecs are like 10% of what make Metal Gear games special tho.

I could see it being better in what I assume are slower paced games.

Grief.exe

That's because I can't get over how good the Dualshock 4 is.

I'm waiting for a sale on that one.

I love the feel of the DS4 and want to ditch the 360 controller, but its a little expensive for something I don't use that often.

I would get extra utility out of it by using it with compatible PS3 games as I work through that amazing library.

No. I'm still somewhat new to PC gaming. Is that where I right click on the desktop (Steam is closed) and set it there?

Nvidia or AMD?

Probably not the best game to start your PC life with as this one requires a bit of tweaking.

This was probably buried here, but how do I fix the resolution for borderless? I use Windowed Borderless Gaming and it works fine. The problem is that the game won't let me set to 1600x900. I just get 1280x720, 1366x768 then just 4:3s.

edit:
OH COME ON

I thought max 1080p was okay, but they can't even let us pick lower resolutions other than the ones listed?

O.DOGG

Man, I wish switching to Japanese actually changed the voices to the originals. The English voice acting is painful to listen to.

I think I'll have to give the codecs a try this time around. How many unique calls are there per chapter?

Man, I wish switching to Japanese actually changed the voices to the originals. The English voice acting is painful to listen to.

Don't fuck with me, boy!

Levyne

Banned
The codecs are worth listening to regardless of the pace of the game. Maybe you should try it for yourself instead of assuming you won't like it.

Sure, I'll give them a try. Don't mean to sound dismissive. It doesn't help that I don't know or care about the story, characters or setting, but I didn't go into the game expecting to. Doesn't really affect my enjoyment at all of the game. I still think the game is amazing but haven't finished it yet. Stuck at work :/

Using an AMD 7970. I've had the PC built for ~9 months but I still have a LOT to learn.

Don't worry. Me too. I've been pc gaming for maybe 3 years but two of that all in one game where it was just click an item on the taskbar and play. Steam/pcGAF are super helpful even for the dumbest of questions :)

No Love

Banned
I need SLI compatibility bits... game looks perfect with 4x SGSSAA but I know I can do 8x SGSSAA locked easily with my SLI 780's. But what I really want is 4k downsampling with 4x SGSSAA for bullshot quality.

Durante, hook me up. I'll totally make that donation fund for you...

Levyne

Banned
This is a bit off topic but what is SGSSAA and how is it different from SSAA, which is effectively just downsampling, right? I mean, maybe I am entirely wrong.

Gbraga

This is a bit off topic but what is SGSSAA and how is it different from SSAA, which is effectively just downsampling, right? I mean, maybe I am entirely wrong.

SGSSAA is a form of SSAA, just like OGSSAA (downsampling) is another.

As far as I know SGSSAA is better to get rid of jaggies, but someone with more knowledge would be able to talk in more detail.

Peff

Sure, I'll give them a try. Don't mean to sound dismissive. It doesn't help that I don't know or care about the story, characters or setting, but I didn't go into the game expecting to. Doesn't really affect my enjoyment at all of the game. I still think the game is amazing but haven't finished it yet. Stuck at work :/

It's all about stuff like this. It does break the pacing a little in an action game like Rising, but you can leave it for replays. There is A LOT of conversations, far more than MGS4 ironically.

Top Bottom