• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

This had me rolling

tumblr_ntxbypcWBC1s33ur2o1_540.jpg

Gurish

I'll just say I really liked the story, but it's not as good as I'd hoped.

Also, after thinking about this for a while, this is how I'd rank the series:

MGS3 > MGS > MGS2 > MGSV > MGS4

It's funny how this MGS is so.. different, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still hell of a game, the best I've played in years, just.. not as good as the first three IMO.

Hmm that sounds a little disappointing, not that's it's a bad ranking, other than MGS5 which I didn't play I completely agree with you, it's just that you loved the game so much while you played it, it seems like it might be your favorite or your second favorite at least, it sounds like further into the game the quality dropped for you?

Or did it stayed consistently good throughout the entire game and it was never as good as the first 3?
Anyway was hoping it will at least be better than MGS2, since the time-line supposed to be more in line with 3, you ranked it pretty low overall.

Terrible if you like consistency and no plot holes.
Like Vire said, is it any different than any other MGS? ;)

Was pretty disappointed today because I didn't have the funds to pick this up this week. I was at super America and noticed the MYSA rewards kiosk. Scanned my card to see how many points I had. To my surprise I had enough for a 50$ gift card. Game on :)

yeah, im pretty sure thats bs

Sarcasm?

The one problem with getting games early is there's no guides yet.

I'm on episode 12:
What's the best way of getting rid of the Metal Gear? It just camps by my helicopter and doesn't move too far.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Have you gotten
Quiets ending
?
Yeah. My favorite moment of the whole game. I had dust in my eyes during it. A lot of dust.
Hmm that sounds a little disappointing, not that's it's a bad ranking, other than MGS5 which I didn't play I completely agree with you, it's just that you loved the game so much while you played it, it seems like it might be your favorite or your second favorite at least, it sounds like further into the game the quality dropped for you?

Or did it stayed consistently good throughout the entire game and it was never as good as the first 3?
Anyway was hoping it will at least be better than MGS2, since the time-line supposed to be more in line with 3, you ranked it pretty low overall.
The quality stayed consistently good throughout the whole game, don't get me wrong, the game excels at gameplay and level design, it is a masterpiece at that. It's just.. If you must know (not really a spoiler, just an opinion about some aspects compared to the other MGS's):

MGS to me has always been about 1- Story/cutscenes 2- Amazing boss fights. I found MGSV to be.. lacking in both.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
What is with Playstation's PS4 network setup?

I download faster in rest mode - most people know that trick. Rest mode was only giving me ~24Mb/s

I removed the ethernet cable for a second, and the rate jumped to 60Mb/s steady.

What is with Playstation's PS4 network setup?

I download faster in rest mode - most people know that trick. Rest mode was only giving me ~24Mb/s

I removed the ethernet cable for a second, and the rate jumped to 60Mb/s steady.

Count yourself lucky, back when I was living in Germany I had 200mbit internet, on Steam I would download at 22MB/s+. On PSN I was lucky to get 1MB/s download.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Count yourself lucky, back when I was living in Germany I had 200mbit internet, on Steam I would download at 22MB/s+. On PSN I was lucky to get 1MB/s download.

Well right PSN has always been kinda shitty but why the heck would me pulling the ethernet cable for literally no more than a second spike the rate so much in rest mode?

Makes no damn sense and I work with networks...

EDIT: Nevermind. Speeds just dropped to 23.3Mb/s like a limiter hit them. The ethernet cable trick isn't changing anything.

I mean, check it: http://i.imgur.com/WAX7jac.png

Well right PSN has always been kinda shitty but why the heck would me pulling the ethernet cable for literally no more than a second spike the rate so much in rest mode?

Makes no damn sense and I work with networks...

Mine was faster over wi-fi than ethernet, I work in networking too and it stumped me...

Gurish

The quality stayed consistently good throughout the whole game, don't get me wrong, the game excels at gameplay and level design, the best of MGS, it is a masterpiece at that. It's just.. If you must know (not really a spoiler, just an opinion about some aspects compared to the other MGS's):

MGS to me has always been about 1- Story/cutscenes 2- Amazing boss fights. I found MGSV to be.. lacking in both.
Yea it's a little disappointing to me ,especially since we seems to be on the same page with the rankings and all, so if you were a little disappointed there is a high chance I'll be as well.

Still, you did say it's one of your favorites games in years, I can settle on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom