• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All that dlc comes with the redux pack?

Can you play it from the start?

In I played 2033 on survival Hardcore, started LL on spartan Hardcore.
Would do you think?

Yes you can play the DLC from the start. Don't even think about playing it on any difficulty other than normal spartan

Randam

stuck in undercity, where you have to wait for the elevator.

only crap weapons on hand.

edit: WTF??

wanted to restart the level, but it puts me in the heavy squad dlc level.

no matter what chapter I want te replay, I always land in the heavy squad mission.

spookyfish

I was on the surface, fighting nazis and the demon on the roof. Game just quit, I got an error message, and now it says my save data is corrupted. Anyone else get this?? It's the PS4 version.

Kssio_Aug

Have at about a week I dont play this game. I was going to play it now on the XB1 and now its downloading an update of 102mb. Someone knows what it does?
I wonder if they ballanced that tower DLC difficulty.

Randam

beat LL today.

am now playing the Pavel DLC level.

that is some though stuff.

I like it.
am at the area with the huts and the water below.

Fbh

I FINALLY had time to finish Last Light the other day.

Really awesome game but the ending was dissapointing in both gameplay and Story.
They force you into some stupid firefights which is exactly what you try to avoid playing hardcore ranger mode, and the story sort of just ends without feeling finished which was dissapointing.

But still overall a fantastic game. All in all I liked it more than 2033

Randam

I am doint the chronicles DLC.
played the anna level and beat it.
then started it again for the Eagle Eye achivement.

do I need to kill more watchmen and then beat the level for the achivement to pop up?

DLC from LL, from best to worst

Kshatriya - Polis Ranger Trainee (faction pack)
Spider Lair (developer pack)
Red Line Sniper (faction pack)
Pavel (Chronicles Pack)
Khan (Chronicles Pack)
Anna (Chronicles Pack)
Tower (Tower pack)
Reich Heavy Soldier (faction pack)

The best was Kshatriya, a big level where you play a hybrid open world Metro/Stalker, where you explore at your own pace taking loot and valuable artefacts left in the civilization above the sewers, but you have to take care of the radiation and the need of filters (and you won't find filters left around this time!), which works great with the economy system implemented that allow you to buy new stuff. As you explore you open new pathways that serve as shortcuts that connect with other parts of the sewers, and the semi randomized loot and monsters round up the experience.
The feeling of exploring some unknown dark place with mutants, radiation, searching frantically for valuable books or components while your clock ticking warning your filter will consume soon and you aren't very sure if the time left is enough to come back all the way or you should push forward hoping the next exit is at the next corner (but it isn't) is great.
I had to lower the difficulty to medium, it's pretty tough, even if I played the rest of the game in hard.

In fact, I will venture to say this mission has too much work put in it in comparison with the other missions (though it recycles the famous Library level), I suspect this was actually a prototype for the next Metro game.

Spider Lair was also great, the developers really nail the feeling of being alone in some underground, dark, abandoned, claustrophobic cave/sewer/base/metro passage, illuminating your way with a flashlight, some eww!-worthy monsters and eggs, burning webs with your trusty zippo. It's all linear, but the atmosphere is so thick and it all works so well you don't care. In this mission you are given a flamethrower and lots of spiders, and believe if you get to use it well.

The following three missions are all your bog-standard fare for Metro missions. Good, but nothing new.

Vizzeh

Banned
Bought this on the PS4 last week, got both Metro 2033 Redux + Last Light, both games are some of the best iv played in a long time, its so refreshing not to be held by the hand through a game that includes an adult storyline.

The atmosphere is top notch, especially in the first 1, the 2nd is still fantastic, great dark ambient, gothic scenes with creepy sounds + I love the mask, filters + wiping off it when it gets dirty/broken...Nice Graphixx too :D

I'm tempted to buy the books + pray for a sequel!!! - Having a ball and for a change I am gonna be sad when I complete them, working through Last light DLC.

This is how FPS with deep story should be and I thought the genre was going stale for me. take note generic COD!!

wilsonda

Just got the Xbone version last night, turned off all the lights in my apartment, cranked up the surround sound.... wow this game really lives up to all the hype regarding its atmosphere...

The graphics are phenomenal, I am sure people with high end PC rigs are loving this game.

The only small annoyance I have is that in areas with multiple NPC's, it seems like everyone is talking at once sometimes. I am a little bit OCD in that I want to hear everything that everyone says, so it can be a little stressful to make out conversations.

I think this game will definitely give me reason to return on Ranger mode...

Vizzeh

Banned
Completed most the Last light DLC on PS4, some fantastic stuff!! - Enjoyed them all, their very inventive and not generic in the slightest! good variety.

Only sticking point for me is the Tower DLC, on the Last mission, the rest was fine, if not challenging but DAMN final part is busting my balls, got to wave 3... Think it needs slight balancing, auto aim AI vs PS4 Thumbsticks with little cover is tough! + I fancy myself alright at fps too.

Getting toward the end of 2033, almost on Chapter 5.

The game is very well made but I'm just not quite feeling it, not sure what it is. I don't have that drive to go back to it and play more, kind of making myself do it. But I really want to finish before I get Shadow of Mordor on Tuesday.

Excited to see the improvements in Last Light though, I hear it's better paced.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody have performance issues on the Red Line Sniper level on PS4? Framerate tanked and the game was stuttering and freezing during the last sniper section, just before you meet up with the guy again. It took ages just to walk across the area and down the stairs at the end.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Currently replaying Metro Redux, trying to get that Platinum. Spartan mode is soooo much easier than Survival that is not even funny.

Vizzeh

Banned
Anybody have performance issues on the Red Line Sniper level on PS4? Framerate tanked and the game was stuttering and freezing during the last sniper section, just before you meet up with the guy again. It took ages just to walk across the area and down the stairs at the end.

Not for me mate, mine was fine tbh, I doubt its a factor, not sure how Metro does texture streaming /fps but I run a 7200RPM/Hybrid Drive.

Currently replaying Metro Redux, trying to get that Platinum. Spartan mode is soooo much easier than Survival that is not even funny.

Im gonna platnum both Metro Redux and Last light, Had so much fun with them for a shooter, little taste of next gen gfx too. I actually did Survival first time on Metro + Spartan on Last Light, apparently as they were designed.

Damn, why did I pick survival!

Also why is there a GOLD trophy for completing the game on Spartan, but only a Silver for finishing it on Survival! How does that make sense!?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also why is there a GOLD trophy for completing the game on Spartan, but only a Silver for finishing it on Survival! How does that make sense!?

Been wondering myself the same thing. But only additional 10 minutes of filter air makes this game much easier, plus larger quantities of ammo

Elitist1945

Playing 2033 on PS4 Ranger Hardcore. In the beginning where you are going through the tunnel on the hand-car thing. I keep dying, and have no idea what I'm suppose to press to stop the mutant from killing me.

I've played it on PC but can't remember what to do.

murgo

Playing 2033 on PS4 Ranger Hardcore. In the beginning where you are going through the tunnel on the hand-car thing. I keep dying, and have no idea what I'm suppose to press to stop the mutant from killing me.

I've played it on PC but can't remember what to do.

I think you have to mash square.

wilsonda

Everytime I play this game I am simply blown away ... the combat and stealth sections are so well put together ... this game will definitely help ease my wait for some 2015 titles like mgsv

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Damn, why did I pick survival!

Been wondering myself the same thing. But only additional 10 minutes of filter air makes this game much easier, plus larger quantities of ammo

In Metro Last Light it's the opposite. Gold for Survival and Silver for Spartan.

I suspect they reversed the trophies to serve as an incentive to playthrough the gamemode which is opposite of intended.

As for your comment about survivor, the differences were so minimal that anyone who beats either game on spartan can beat it on survivor. The slower reloads can make Survivor harder in some places.

murgo

Just got the platinum for both games. Played 2033 for the fifth time and Last Light for the third and still loved every second :)

BTW, does anyone know what 4A are up to right now? Can't wait to see/play their next project!

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
So I heard there was DLC included in this package but I can't find it on the menus anywhere, is it just included in the main story or something?

Getting toward the end of 2033, almost on Chapter 5.

The game is very well made but I'm just not quite feeling it, not sure what it is. I don't have that drive to go back to it and play more, kind of making myself do it. But I really want to finish before I get Shadow of Mordor on Tuesday.

Excited to see the improvements in Last Light though, I hear it's better paced.

I'm on chapter 6 and I feel the same. It's a good game but I gave to force myself to finish it.

Plus, I'm now stuck in a place where I only have 20 seconds of gas mask left and have to turn on four switches but I keep on suffocating so I'll have to restart the level. Not fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I heard there was DLC included in this package but I can't find it on the menus anywhere, is it just included in the main story or something?

On the Last Light chapter select there's a prompt for new missions. Press that and they all show up.

Just got the Xbone version last night, turned off all the lights in my apartment, cranked up the surround sound.... wow this game really lives up to all the hype regarding its atmosphere...

The graphics are phenomenal, I am sure people with high end PC rigs are loving this game.

The only small annoyance I have is that in areas with multiple NPC's, it seems like everyone is talking at once sometimes. I am a little bit OCD in that I want to hear everything that everyone says, so it can be a little stressful to make out conversations.

I think this game will definitely give me reason to return on Ranger mode...
Play with a headset, surround sound preferably. It makes all the talking in the starting area audible and you can actually hear where it's coming from like irl. Made a huge difference for me. I used my Sony gold headset on ps4.

Played the original Last Light before touching Redux versions. Absolutely gob smacked by the graphics, 4A Games are doing gods work, and it runs beautifully too (bar some weird problem I had where, seemingly randomly, the game will stutter like crazy, if I restart the game, it goes back to being silky smooth).

Finished Metro 2033 Redux, and again, I love what they have done with the game, both games are easily in my most memorable and treasured list.

I was thinking of moving on to Last Light Redux .... but from what I have read there really isn't that much different from the original. Are there any obvious differences (cant really find much about Last Light Redux differences online) ?

Game could do with a spell checker though, they didn't even spell the publisher's name correctly in the credits :)

wilsonda

I really hope that Metro sells enough copies to really reflect the quality of the product. I just finished Metro 2033 and the game simply is simply an amazing piece of work.

I think I realized why I love it so much... when I am playing Metro it doesn't feel like I am sitting on my plush couch in my climate controlled apartment playing a video game. I feel like I am in the dark Metro terrified and anxious of any sound that might mean a demon is nearby.

When the my characters breathing gets more labored, my heart races as I desperately seek additional filters for my gas mask. I desperately try to make ever shot count as I see my ammo count getting lower and no idea where my next rounds will come from.

This game should easily be a GOTY contender and I feel bad because I really don't see that much traction in mainstream game media even though the reviews were all relatively solid (7+). The developers should be really proud of the work they did in this game, and I hope that they continue this same quality on their next project

I hate to say it, as im a huge 4A and Metro fan, but I really feel let down by this PC version of 2033 redux. I straight up have not had this many technical problems with a PC game since the dark days of mid-2000s PC ports. My PC blows the systems requirements away, but ive had so much crashing lately its ridiculous. The game crashed twice when i tried to pick up the NVG's in the church. Then it crashed when I re-loaded, it hung on the loading screen.
It crashed so many times in the great library I lost count. Again it would either CTD, or hang on the loading screen when reloading the game. Theres a lot of other issues, like glitches and so forth that are annoying but I was willing to deal with, but this crashing has really tipped me over the edge. I played OG 2033 & LL before this and had absolutely no problems. I honestly cant get over how poor the PC version of 2033 is.

BouncyFrag

I just downloaded 2033 and I'm looking for a difficulty recommendation. I'm decent at first person shooters, but games like this really stress me out since I usually game at night in the dark with headphones.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I just downloaded 2033 and I'm looking for a difficulty recommendation. I'm decent at first person shooters, but games like this really stress me out since I usually game at night in the dark with headphones.

Ranger Hardcore Survival would be perfect, then.

GAF,

First play through - Survival/Ranger/Hardcore for 2033, Yay or Nay?

Just got past
carrying the kid
and am feeling like Normal isn't quite enough.

thanks

Rivitur

Banned
GAF,

First play through - Survival/Ranger/Hardcore for 2033, Yay or Nay?

Just got past
carrying the kid
and am feeling like Normal isn't quite enough.

thanks
If you do don't sy we didn't warn you... Try ranger survival normal before you even try hardcore.

Codiox

Playing Metro 2033 for the first time.

AAnybody who liked fallout will love it. At least I do. Really great game. And what can I say it raped destiny for me. Never touched it since I've gone into the metro.

adlmjr

Neo Member
I hate to say it, as im a huge 4A and Metro fan, but I really feel let down by this PC version of 2033 redux. I straight up have not had this many technical problems with a PC game since the dark days of mid-2000s PC ports. My PC blows the systems requirements away, but ive had so much crashing lately its ridiculous. The game crashed twice when i tried to pick up the NVG's in the church. Then it crashed when I re-loaded, it hung on the loading screen.
It crashed so many times in the great library I lost count. Again it would either CTD, or hang on the loading screen when reloading the game. Theres a lot of other issues, like glitches and so forth that are annoying but I was willing to deal with, but this crashing has really tipped me over the edge. I played OG 2033 & LL before this and had absolutely no problems. I honestly cant get over how poor the PC version of 2033 is.

You will probably hate me, but check if there is update for your drivers besides the graphic one. Audio, HD, Input (USB or PS/2), all of these can affect the current state of your game, and by the sound of it, it seems something in there is conflict with another, as you are literally the first person I see having constant crashes with this game.

If updating drivers 'n' shit does not work, painfully try a complete reinstall of your system. It'll be worth the hassle, this is a game with an exceptional atmosphere and tone (isn't it teh same shit?)

Just picked this up for PS4. Wow, really amazing. Had only played about an hour of Last Light when Sony gave it out free for Plus members on PS3. Seems to me like the devs at Naughty Dog were VERY influenced by 2033 when creating TLOU. Could also be that I'm playing both at the same time but Metro plays almost exactly like a first person TLOU. Even down to the dust/light particles during load screens and the focus on spanish guitar in both games.

Cyborg

I finished the first game and have a couple a questions; I will mark the ending spoilers, read only if you finished the game

I took the good ending, can I reload the game and choose to destroy all of them? To get the trophy offcourse
Can I reload chapters to get trophies specific to a certain chapter fo the game?

Cudder

I finished the first game and have a couple a questions; I will mark the ending spoilers, read only if you finished the game

I took the good ending, can I reload the game and choose to destroy all of them? To get the trophy offcourse
Can I reload chapters to get trophies specific to a certain chapter fo the game?

Yes, if you actively chose the good ending then you can load up the last checkpoint or level and get the bad ending.

And yes you can load up any chapter you want to get certain trophies. Kills and collectibles are saved the moment you acquire them.

Cyborg

Yes, if you actively chose the good ending then you can load up the last checkpoint or level and get the bad ending.

And yes you can load up any chapter you want to get certain trophies. Kills and collectibles are saved the moment you acquire them.

Thanx

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

You can, but there is not really any point since you have to complete the game in both modes.

Top Bottom