• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Synless

Quick question because my memory is fuzzy. If in Prime 3 they talk about the Aurora unit (mother brain) becoming corrupted during the course of the game, how did Zero Mission/Metroid 1 happen first? Wasn't the first aurora unit to be taken the one in Prime 3?

Kard8p3

Didn't notice at first but it's awesome that El Polo Loco was used in the OP.

Synless said:
Quick question because my memory is fuzzy. If in Prime 3 they talk about the Aurora unit (mother brain) becoming corrupted during the course of the game, how did Zero Mission/Metroid 1 happen first? Wasn't the first aurora unit to be taken the one in Prime 3?

Pretty sure Mother Brain was made by the Chozo.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Item: there are a lot more surfaces that you can wall-jump off than I expected. Not necessarily to any aim, but you can jump off them all over the place. I hopped back and forth in a save room for a minute straight once.

Item: just like Zero Mission and Fusion, you can hit jump while in the air from a straight jump to enter a spin, and go down on a forwards angle.

Synless

Kard8p3 said:
Didn't notice at first but it's awesome that El Polo Loco was used in the OP.

Pretty sure Mother Brain was made by the Chozo.
That's right, for some reason I was confusing Mother Brain with the corrupted aurora unit.

Kard8p3

Tathanen said:
Item: there are a lot more surfaces that you can wall-jump off than I expected. Not necessarily to any aim, but you can jump off them all over the place. I hopped back and forth in a save room for a minute straight once.

Item: just like Zero Mission and Fusion, you can hit jump while in the air from a straight jump to enter a spin, and go down on a forwards angle.

I'm assuming the answer is no but can you single wall jump?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just placed my preorder and got my Metroided avatar from Technomancer.
I'm officially on the hype train.
choooo choooo

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Kard8p3 said:
I'm assuming the answer is no but can you single wall jump?

When you jump off a wall, your back jets shoot you like 40 feet away with no hopes of canceling out that momentum. Soooo no!

AniHawk

Penguin said:
Oh shiny the commercial is airing right now during WWE Raw. :D

Nintendo's been airing stuff during wrestling programs for a decade or more now. I wonder if it actually works or if it's because the ad space is cheaper than other shows.

Ridley327

Well, WWE does have a very young audience these days, or at least Vince has been trying to go younger. Maybe they should have tried a S&P2 ad and see what would have happened.

Penguin

AniHawk said:
Nintendo's been airing stuff during wrestling programs for a decade or more now. I wonder if it actually works or if it's because the ad space is cheaper than other shows.

I was actually curious because I've seen ads for Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment and tons of other games over the year, never seems to change much for sales.

But I assume since wrestling caters so much to the same demo 18-34 year old males.

Rich!

Snuggler said:
Just placed my preorder and got my Metroided avatar from Technomancer.
I'm officially on the hype train.
choooo choooo

Tried to find a video on youtube of T Bag from Prison Break shouting 'GET ON THE TRAIN! GET ON THE TRAIN!' while swinging on a metal fence, but failed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
richisawesome said:
Tried to find a video on youtube of T Bag from Prison Break shouting 'GET ON THE TRAIN! GET ON THE TRAIN!' while swinging on a metal fence, but failed.

I'll just try to visualize it.

richisawesome said:
Dude, your avatar would be awesome if it was a tiny bit taller and you put a metroid on the cat's head.

Boney

Banned
King Chozo said:
Dude, your avatar would be awesome if it was a tiny bit taller and you put a metroid on the cat's head.
Don't touch that avatar!

Makes me start imitating every time I see it! hehe

XenoRaven said:
Why yes, I would like this as my iPhone wallpaper. Thanks!

So hyped for this game. Not even thinking about Reach right now.

Well ok maybe a little.

Mafro said:
Awesome, thanks!

No prob guys! Here's what it looks like as my background, fyi.

othermiphonewall.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm expecting this game to be just as good as Super Metroid.

And Super Metroid is one of the best games ever made.

My expectations are realistic, I know this. Don't try to trick me into thinking something else.

Amir0x

Banned
Yoshichan said:

My expectations are realistic, I know this. Don't try to trick me into thinking something else.

i'll be happy if this game is as good as Metroid Fusion :/

Yoshichan said:

I'm kinda in the middle. I'm hyped to the point where I want/hope/think it'll be that good but in the back of my head I'm preparing for disappointment. Not disappointment that it won't be good at all, but disappointment that it won't be as good as I wanted it to be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No disappointment will come out of this, I'm so god damn sure about this.

It's almost as if I've touched the future for just a moment and now I know all these things... Slap me if I'm wrong in the future. Do it twice if you want!

Diffense

I'm totally hyped and not the least bit worried.
The 'changes' to the metroid formula in this game are nothing compared to what Prime was.

I'm perfectly at home with Samus' Melee moves; the Screw Attack is a form of close combat technique that she always had.
Samus' actions are going to be a bit more detailed in 3rd person 3D otherwise they will look stupid and artificial.
So, of course she kicks something that gets in too close or climbs on a huge boss to get to the weak spot.

Counting the days :p

Metroid Prime is in my top 5 videogames of all time...I didn’t even finish Echoes and didn’t bother with the third one.

And sadly it looks like my decline of interest in the series keeps on going down since I’m not feeling this one at all...

Boney

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
Metroid Prime is in my top 5 videogames of all time...I didn’t even finish Echoes and didn’t bother with the third one.

And sadly it looks like my decline of interest in the series keeps on going down since I’m not feeling this one at all...
This is gonna be way different than the Prime series though..

Diffense

Tricky I Shadow said:

Hate to break it to you, but you never liked the series, just Prime.
Nothing wrong with that but since Other M is more old-school metroid it may not appeal...

I'm not a big fan of Metroid... The only games in the series I really liked were Metroid II and Metroid Fusion to a lesser extent. The other games were good, but not really my cup of tea (outside of the awesome boss fights).

I honestly don't know about this new game... I feel like I won't like it as much as I want, but yet, I feel like I really need to get it because it will probably be awesome.

So, in short, I'm looking forward to it. Can't believe it's coming out so soon...

GaussTek

So this comes on a dual-layer dvd. I had some problems with SSBB (I get DRE's sometimes and I'm too lazy to get the Wii Lens Cleaner), but thank god there are usb loaders. Hope I won't have trouble ripping my disk (and playing from there heh).

Boney

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Did you completely forget Metroid 2007?

Besides, it's not like most those guys aren't gonna be alien-fodder by the time the game is halfway through.

One of those will betray Samus.

gdt

Amir0x said:
I haven't allowed myself to get hyped due to my apprehension over the people working on it and some of the gameplay details, but like all of a sudden it's like I can't wait at all for this game. Overnight excitement.

It's Metroid that does it to me, I can't stop what's in my heart.

I <3 you Metroid!

Man, I feel the same way.

My brain says wait, but my heart says GO!

Boney

Banned
heringer said:
Well, Fusion is better than Super Metroid, so I'd say your expectations are pretty high too.

Yeah, I said it.
I love Fusion, but it really isn't. The only thing better are tighter controls.

Top Bottom