• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Mod Update: You can finally give Quiet proper clothing.

karasu

In a very limited sense, sure. There is no real person named Quiet who is being harmed by this portrayal of her.

By that token, bodice ripper pulp fiction isn't harming anybody either. That doesn't mean that they're any less low brow titillation. This mod will add to the appeal of the game for people who find cleavage justified by a just-so-story objectionable. It isn't a bad thing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "low brow titilation". Metal gear is pulp. Adding bulky true to life gear isn't going to turn it into some brand new high brow experience. You're still spending your time shooting assholes in the face.

Ratrat

Where did that screen come from? It doesn't look like the standard sneaking suit.

You get a cosmetic one from normal story progression. The infinity bandanna I think requires an S-rank in one of the last few missions.
Doesnt the normal bandanna save you from heavy injury?

Doesnt the normal bandanna save you from heavy injury?

I think it makes you less likely to suffer a crippling effect, like breaking your leg from a high fall. I don't know what the threshold is, but its not too different and it doesn't prevent you from S ranking missions.

way more

I certainly hope we hear from more men on what "proper" clothing is for a women.

Improper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quiet-mgs-v.jpg

TheLight

I certainly hope we hear from more men on what "proper" clothing is for a women.

Improper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quiet-mgs-v.jpg

Breasts are for under the shirts ladies.

Its been shown but not confirmed I think. Its been found on disc which is complete bullshit as its been a endgame tradition since MGS1.

Weird there was a part of TGS where the guy on stage showed it along with a bunch of MGS3 costumes.

Replicant

Meh. What I want is a mod that'd make Venom Snake running around in nothing else but his tight boxers. Then he and Quiet would have similar uniform.

EDIT: Still though, Quiet can use better, stronger stockings with no holes. It's okay to look sexy. It's not okay to look cheap and nasty. Don't raid your costume from garbage bins filled with moths. That's just gross.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
But how in the world will she
drink and breathe?

My MGS lore is offended.

The same way The End used his photosynthesis abilities. If they'd put him in just a Speedo then I could have bought this excuse.
And again almost any pants would be more breathable than what she's wearing.

sappyday

Are some really comparing Quiet to the silly Kaz mission in PW? It would only be fair if in PW Kaz was in a speedo the entire time but the tone of the story and cutscenes were as dark as MGSV's. Also if the reason for him doing it was stupid and catering to only him.

I don't think the conceit of the outfit with the wacky explanation is that bad but the stockings and 80s thong are almost intentionally garbage. Why doesn't she wear shorts? Shorts and a sleeveless top or flak jacket would have had the same amount of skin exposed to the sun. Short shorts.

That's cool. I thought that they should have just ditched her regular outfit and the silliness surrounding it in favor of giving her the XOF suit from the start as soon as I developed it.

"I love the beach!"

I still kind of miss the little quotes when you selected the different types of outfits in Peace Walker. :(

"Survival" "Stealth""Combat" "Let's rock!"

Pimpbaa

How hard is it to ignore what she is wearing? I mean, that was the only reason that stopped you from playing the game or using her as a buddy? I fucking hated her outfit and how bizarre her sexulized cutscenes were in contrast with the rest of the game (I usually like that kinda stuff, but only in games where sexy girls are the main theme not in a serious game like this). I still used her as a buddy, and actually began to like her and
felt sad at her last cutscene and even more so when her song played at the mission credits
. Yeah her outfit sucks as does her pointless "sexy" cutscenes, but how insecure do you have to be to not play the game because of that?

Cause we could all do with more of that...

This shit blows my mind. People constantly demanding women be less exposed after we fought so hard for women to finally be confident in their sexuality.

On one side we have free the nipple on the other we have "Please make mods for games that cover up women more so I can play it". Shit is crazy.

I just spent 2 weeks in Japan and Quiet was the most modest character I saw there. Japan doesn't give a fuck and it was the most civilized and modest society I have ever experienced. People need to re-fucking-lax.

EDIT: On the other side, I do understand if someone does just want the option and would prefer something obviously. But stating you won't play something or demand something be changed always makes me uneasy.

Faynwulf

This a series where sweat drenched, buff dudes fight topless ontop of Nuclear mechs. If anything the sexism is more prevalent when it comes to the male characters. Not that I personally care about this one way or another.

Don't forget the sexual tension between BigBoss and Ocelot

All in all I find it a bit sad that some people apparently didn't buy this game because a female character wears a skimpy outfit. :/

How hard is it to ignore what she is wearing? I mean, that was the only reason that stopped you from playing the game or using her as a buddy? I fucking hated her outfit and how bizarre her sexulized cutscenes were in contrast with the rest of the game (I usually like that kinda stuff, but only in games where sexy girls are the main theme not in a serious game like this). I still used her as a buddy, and actually began to like her and
felt sad at her last cutscene and even more so when her song played at the mission credits
. Yeah her outfit sucks as does her pointless "sexy" cutscenes, but how insecure do you have to be to not play the game because of that?

Not married you mean?

Vex_

Banned
I'm curious why this needed its own thread? We have like 10 mgsv threads already? I mean, I love mgsv like everyone else (just beat it awhile back), but why does this need its own thread?

Furthermore, if we were going to have an mgsv modding thread (like skyrim has one) should it not have been named "MGSV General modding thread" or something similar? A place where we discuss ALL mods.

Ya know... So we don't have to CREATE A NEW THREAD PER MOD???

Just trying to sprinkle a bit of common sense here and there...

Top Bottom