• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Mod Update: You can finally give Quiet proper clothing.

you know you just proved my statement as correct right?
I'm not sure what point you're trying to say.
Photosynthesis or not she would've died if the soldier didn't attempt to rape her by half stripping her and even that was handled horribly by constant male gaze camera angles and 2 minutes later Quiet appearing again all "badass" like with the camera zooming on her tits mere minutes after she suffered something really serious.

Kojima dropped the ball so many times with this character but that scene was the crown in the shit mountain.

TheBoss1

Lol the hyperbole is real! It's okay to fuck half-naked (for no reason) Kaz in a love box but it's the end of the world to see a woman half-naked for a reason. A reason you find to be rubbish but a reason nonetheless.

She listens to female soldiers just fine
Canonically it's always Venom Snake. I can't count how many times I played as another soldier (even females) and I had characters all the time refer to me as Boss, Big Boss or Snake.

But that's not the issue. I'm helping state that Quiet's handling was effed up.

Platy

ummm....(SUPER mgsv spoilers)
how is she going to breathe?

Z9dYMCY.jpg

Hektor

Make that a half naked hypersexualized woman who doesn't talk and takes orders without question from a male.

Quiet was awesome as a buddy but her depiction and backstory was abysmally handled.

But dude! Quiets story is the best!
(Despite it not making any fucking sense)
But dude! Quiet got a reason to be nude
a reason that was invented in order to show her nude
But dude! Stop pretending that MGS5 is a serious game
despite it having lots of rape, murder and lost body parts without any humor whatsoever
But dude! Raiden in MGS2!
Who was a fully developed character, that was only nude for 10 minutes and didnt had ass- and dick-shots every cutscene

Lol the hyperbole is real! It's okay to fuck half-naked (for no reason) Kaz in a love box but it's the end of the world to see a woman half-naked for a reason. A reason you find to be rubbish but a reason nonetheless.

Firstly: The Kaz op in Peace Walker seems like their own riff on the Paz one (which in fairness, I thought was kinda lame and skeezy), so you could argue it was being self-aware at that point. Hell, Peace Walker at the very least pulled that shit on both sides of the genderline. So we should have a male character in MGS V with a jockstrap and an unzipped leather jacket to even it out.

Secondly: it was one of 130 side-ops. Incredibly throwaway, hell, if you chose, you'd never see it in your playthrough (much like the example of "Well you can kill Quiet and never have her") Quiet's a character they focus on quite a bit in the story (assuming you don't kill her in mission 11).

hyperbole my ass.

TheBoss1

Not this again. This pot is already stirred enough as it is.

But he's right though.

Firstly: The Kaz op in Peace Walker seems like their own riff on the Paz one (which in fairness, I thought was kinda lame and skeezy), so you could argue it was being self-aware at that point. Hell, Peace Walker at the very least pulled that shit on both sides of the genderline. So we should have a male character in MGS V with a jockstrap and an unzipped leather jacket to even it out.

Secondly: it was one of 130 side-ops. Incredibly throwaway, hell, if you chose, you'd never see it in your playthrough (much like the example of "Well you can kill Quiet and never have her") Quiet's a character they focus on quite a bit in the story (assuming you don't kill her in mission 11).

hyperbole my ass.

Justification to fit ones needs.

Setsuna

Canonically it's always Venom Snake. I can't count how many times I played as another soldier (even females) and I had characters all the time refer to me as Boss, Big Boss or Snake.

But that's not the issue. I'm helping state that Quiet's handling was effed up.

And canonically Quiet breathes through her skin so whats your point?

Megatron

wow, this isn't in fitting iwth her character and back story at all!!!!!!!

You mean her ridiculous, highly convoluted thinly veiled attempt to justify her walking around practically naked? Ask yourself, if she was a male character would she have the same backstory/skimpy outfit/constant camera zooming in on bass and cleavage?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Has anyone sent Kojima a link to that video of him acting like Quiet? I'd pay to see him watch it for the first time.

Mod download here.

http://orig09.deviantart.net/73fb/f/2015/275/5/7/mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_15_27_15_683_by_aloooo81-d9bolmm.jpg[IMG]

It makes her default outfit/cutscene outfit the XOF uniform you see her in at the beginning of the game.

[B]Now those full zoom breast shots won't be quite as perverted[/B]![/QUOTE]

So what's so perverted about breasts?

Kazuhira

Let's hope the next mod lets you change her hairstyle,i love her looks during the hospital scene.
I already have the XOF suit so no big deal for me.

Justification to fit ones needs.

Then what do you suggest is the correct way of looking at this? Or is there even one? Do we all agree to disagree perhaps and see that some find it appropriate, some don't? Also, isn't people bringing up the whole "she can't breath" thing subject to the same scrutiny then?

I'm all ears.

I never thought I'd see the day where a female character was modded to put more clothes on. What is this glorious alternate dimension shit.

Kojima, we're so ashamed of your words and deeds that someone made a mod for it.

Tagyhag

I find it interesting that you came to the conclusion that the character's designer is a misogynist. How did that happen?

Never said the designer is a misogynist. Quiet's appearance and some of her actions serve no purpose other than to please some people. Sexual objectification is wrong.

It's not even about the empowering of women. How am I supposed to feel empowered watching her roll around almost naked on a rain-soaked floor?

Obviously Kojima doesn't hate women, he has done a great job in making some powerful female characters. But most of those characters are simply not allowed to not show skin or they have to do some sexual things. Do people not see this?

Yep, still works. Its pretty cool! Doesn't allow you to place EVERYTHING you'd want, but there are some cool options. I'm sure actual modding could fully open up the customization options.

You can already fully open it with cheat engine, but it's prone to crash.

TheBoss1

Then what do you suggest is the correct way of looking at this? Or is there even one? Do we all agree to disagree perhaps and see that some find it appropriate, some don't? Also, isn't people bringing up the whole "she can't breath" thing subject to the same scrutiny then?

I'm all ears.
There's a reason she can't breathe and it's not some made up justification, it's a fact. Whether you like it or not is a whole nother thing, but we were given a reason.
"What's perverted about hiding a camera in a restroom stall? The human body r beautiful."

Not even close to being the same thing.

There's a reason she can't breathe and it's not some made up justification, it's a fact. Whether you like it or not is a whole nother thing, but we were given a reason.

Then why does she wear clothing at all?

Are you seriously telling me that outfit was her only option considering her condition?

EVA's sexuality plays a part in the narrative. She's a spy trying to seduce and manipulate everyone around her, including the player. So once you reach the end game and see that she played you and Snake, you can feel that betrayal.

Quiet's deal is like the Beauty and the Beast unit in MGS4, just there for fanservice.
I like that your logical posts about this and I agree with you. Good post.

TheBoss1

Then why does she wear clothing at all?

Are you seriously telling me that outfit was her only option considering her condition?

Well one would think that the game needs to pass those ratings test (ESRB, PEGI, etc.). I really believe if it was allowed, Kojima would go that far just like many others would too.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Whaaaaat?
Almost everything in the game is made up, including the reason she dresses like she does. You know the story of this game didn't actually happen, right? Right?

Not even close to being the same thing.

Did I say they were?
I was just commenting on the difference between liking the way women look and being a fucking creeper.

I call her into and dismiss her from the field so i don't have to deal with that nonsense.

Just make everyone go to sleep and leave please.

TheBoss1

Whaaaaat?
Almost everything in the game is made up, including the reason she dresses like she does. You know the story of this game didn't actually happen, right? Right?
Did you even play the game?
I call her into and dismiss her from the field so i don't have to deal with that nonsense.

Just make everyone go to sleep and leave please.

lol that's a lot of wasted GMP there.

akira28

I never see Quiet anyway because she's always running around at super speed shooting people in the head after I try to stick them up, so it doesn't even matter.
In MGSV you can bring one of the following with you into a mission:

A horse
A robot
A dog
A woman

It was about to also be : a child, but someone said 'wait..wait..what?'

I think it was nice of them to include Quiet. You know. for the ladies that play games.

TAJ

Did you even play the game?

Wow. And yes.
My boss was in that part of Afghanistan during the time this is supposed to take place. I'll have to ask him if he saw any strange mists or Metal Gears when I see him tomorrow morning.

That outfit is boring.

Her default is cringe worthy but it has some sort of style.

Maybe it was a more creative solider outfit Id dig it but man that shit is boring.

Am I the only one who used her "blood naked" skin? I just pretended she was Sniper Carrie.

TheBoss1

I never see Quiet anyway because she's always running around at super speed shooting people in the head after I try to stick them up, so it doesn't even matter.

It was about to also be : a child, but someone said 'wait..wait..what?'

I think it was nice of them to include Quiet. You know. for the ladies that play games.

Really? This is the 1st time I heard of this. I bet it's Eli.

karasu

Never said the designer is a misogynist. Quiet's appearance and some of her actions serve no purpose other than to please some people. Sexual objectification is wrong.

Sexual objectification of real women who have real personalities, hopes, dreams, and struggles is wrong. Creating a character who is meant to titillate is not.

PreFire

Too bad she
left me already.

I haven't touched MGS ever since. And I was extremely hooked.. But
losing her made me extremely mad. Avoiding spoiler threads was my biggest downfall. Idc if it makes sense with the story... Give us a fucking warning. This game means nothing to me without Quiet

I didn't find anything wrong with her oringal outfit. It's just the things she did while wearing them (bending over in your face while in the chopper. Sure, it was skimpy.. But it's a fucking video game by Kojima lol

Top Bottom