• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Mod Update: You can finally give Quiet proper clothing.

Instead of shoving her boobs and ass in the screen she could just sit and do nothing. I'm cool with that. I find incredibly cringe worthy when a game tells you "This is the part that you're supposed to wank to!". It all just feels fucking stupid in a game that already has a lot of stupid.

I agree, I'm just having a bit of a laugh.

Dunkley

I find it funny way how two of her alternate costumes (gold and silver) bring new meaning to the phrase "trophy wife."

That's actually a funnier way of looking at it than how I looked at it. I played through the game with her wearing that and just thought the whole time that she kinda looked like a badass robot.

RK9039

Theres a bug in the PC version where if a weapon's customization option is blocked out from changing, you can force parts from another weapon on it. So I was messing around with the air magnum and put a G44 barrel on it, plus a shotgun stock. It actually looks way cooler without the stock and I'll probably be taking it off.

Wow, does this still work? I want to try that.

PtM

Banned
Doesn't solve her sexual poses that are designed for horny teenagers. Her terrible backstory. Her terrible arc. Her shit taste in music.

Is there a mod to get rid of her in the game entirely? Or one that replaces the only female character in the game with an actual female character that adds to the story?
Pull the trigger on her.

Ken

At that point the player doesn't know she'll be a permanent bikini sniper, or that ever scene featuring her will have gratuitous T&A

Was there anyone not expecting that choosing to bring the knocked out bikini lady with you would lead to the latter.

Doesn't solve her sexual poses that are designed for horny teenagers. Her terrible backstory. Her terrible arc. Her shit taste in music.

Is there a mod to get rid of her in the game entirely? Or one that replaces the only female character in the game with an actual female character that adds to the story?

The game actually presents you the choice of removing her from the game as soon as you meet her, lol.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Was there anyone not expecting that choosing to bring the knocked out bikini lady with you would lead to the latter.

I was fully expecting to be able to unlock her XOF uniform as soon as you had the ability to customize her outfits.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So many people offended by the existence of an optional mod to change the clothing of a poorly designed character. Keep fighting the good fight guise. Don't let those feminazis ruin your polygonal titties!

sappyday

The game actually presents you the choice of removing her from the game as soon as you meet her, lol.

Yea I know. When I say entirely, I mean entirely. Meaning that mission would not happen in the first place cause there is no "Quiet" in the game. Instead it would be kid Sniper Wolf or something.

That's not even remotely close to a military sniper outfit.

This is just a amateur clothing model swap. Someone should model The End's camo clothing on her if they were being serious.

captainpat

So many people offended by the existence of an optional mod to change the clothing of a poorly designed character. Keep fighting the good fight guise. Don't let those feminazis ruin your polygonal titties!

Do you see anyone seriously saying the mod shouldn't exist?

That's not even remotely close to a military sniper outfit.

This is just a amateur clothing model swap. Someone should model The End's camo clothing on her if they were being serious.

Oooo now thats a mod I wanna see, the regular green for africa, and the "fall" color scheme it switches to for afghanistan!

This will then lead to an awkward moment where you find your wife reading a book where all of the men have absolutely gigantic cocks.

"You don't understand, honey," she says, sipping her tea. "They store all of their internal organs in their dicks."

My grandmother used to read an endless stream of trashy romance novels, and every one of those novels had provocatively posed, shirtless dudes on their covers. And my grandmother didn't try to hide those books from her husband or her kids or grandkids. She just left them lying around in the open. She didn't give a shit, and on one else gave a shit.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Do you see anyone seriously saying the mod shouldn't exist?

Not directly, but all the drive-by posting of "uh I'm not offended by the female body, get a life guys lol" is incredibly stupid.

Someone needs to swap Quiet for Hideo Kojima's in-game model so we can poke fun at Kojima shoving his ass at us in the ACC.

I'd do it but I couldn't mod my way out of a Commodore 64 if my life depended on it.

Neiteio

My grandmother used to read an endless stream of trashy romance novels, and every one of those novels had provocatively posed, shirtless dudes on their covers. And my grandmother didn't try to hide those books from her husband or her kids or grandkids. She just left them lying around in the open. She didn't give a shit, and on one else gave a shit.
But your grandma probably also had a book about guys with their guts in their dicks, like, hidden in a shoebox under the bed or something. You never saw that one.

Just be thankful you never stumbled upon her copy of Guts in Dicks.

The furore over Quiets appearance is honestly just hilarious. Like she's the first scantily clad woman Kojima ever put in a game or something. The man gave us the beauty and beast regiment complete with pervert photo shoot for beating them, Eva who's almost nude for the entirety of MGS3 and then appears as a GILF in 4, and sniper wolfs neckline that was so low she was in danger of tripping over it. But somehow Quiet is causing moral outrage.

Hektor

But Kojimas artistic vision. ;_;

The furore over Quiets appearance is honestly just hilarious. Like she's the first scantily clad woman Kojima ever put in a game or something. The man gave us the beauty and beast regiment complete with pervert photo shoot for beating them, Eva who's almost nude for the entirety of MGS3 and then appears as a GILF in 4, and sniper wolfs neckline that was so low she was in danger of tripping over it. But somehow Quiet is causing moral outrage.

Hilarious is only how people like you still arent able to see the difference.

boosh5

Banned
Oh good. Now I can finally play this game about revenge, war, child soldiers and torture and not feel like a weirdo.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The biggest problem for the defenders is that she wears nylon on a large part of her body and
nylon isn't breathable. She'd be better off wearing capris or something, even if you buy into the bullshit.

This thread spoiled the reason why she dresses like that to me, I'm not mad but I was thinking the explanation would be a bit more sophisticated than that. This is not exactly why I would be ashamed of my words and deeds.

That's not what the issue is. It's Kojimas "once you know why she's dressed that way you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds" act that really pissed everyone off. Turns out the "twist" was a flimsy pile of dumbfuckery.

Shes a potentially great character who is totally cheapened by being portrayed and reduced to teenage wank fodder.

Just makes Hideo look like a bit of a perv. Which we all hoped wouldnt be the case.

Oh, cool, it's a Hayao Miyazaki mod!

flHWbnR.jpg
qX03Tog.png

way more

I think it's sad how brainwashed your gram was by the patriarchy.

This thread spoiled the reason why she dresses like that to me, I'm not mad but I was thinking the explanation would be a bit more sophisticated than that. This is not exactly why I would be ashamed of my words and deeds.
Thats exactly why many of us think Quiet was lazily designed. When Kojima promised we'd be ashamed and that he created her "as an antithesis of the women character from fighting games" (i.e scantily clad hypersexualized women) and then we get Quiet (aka NOTHING like Kojima made us think) it's dissapointing.

He would've been better off just owning his pervertedness and at least keep some respect instead of stupidly trying to justify it and then not delivering at all.

Setsuna

That's not what the issue is. It's Kojimas "once you know why she's dressed that way you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds" act that really pissed everyone off. Turns out the "twist" was a flimsy pile of dumbfuckery.

Shes a potentially great character who is totally cheapened by being portrayed and reduced to teenage wank fodder.

Just makes Hideo look like a bit of a perv. Which we all hoped wouldnt be the case.

The reason she even
survived being drowned
in chapter 45 is because of her capability to breathe through her skin

Ferrio

Banned

Lol he is a perv, is anyone arguing otherwise? Man likes his boobs and ass, though he did stick his foot in his mouth when he said that "ashamed" bs. Come on Kojima, you like boobs it's okay.

The reason she even
survived being drowned
in chapter 45 is because of her capability to breathe through her skin
Wrong. The reason she survived that was because a
soldier dropped her pants so he could rape her. So thanks to a rape attempt she was able to breathe again and escape her assailants.
A weak and horribly handled scene for Quiet.

Setsuna

Wrong. The reason she survived that was because a
soldier dropped her pants so he could rape her. So thanks to a rape attempt she was able to breathe again and escape her assailants.
A weak and horribly handled scene for Quiet.

you know you just proved my statement as correct right?

Yeah, when I got to that part in the game I was like "that's it? Pretty dumb." Was glad to get the XOF outfit and cause a continuity fail lol

Top Bottom