• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Phelps Becomes Most Decorated Olympian of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to be proud of Phelps, or would that make non-Americans upset? This thread is confusing me - I don't want to upset other countries. Can I say one nice thing about him, then post 10 things that suck about this country? Would that work?

;p

Here is a good American challenge: post something positive about America without adding a snide remark about another country.

benny_hill.gif

Here is a good American challenge: post something positive about America without adding a snide remark about another country.

Clench harder and your ass can produce diamonds.

krae_man

Back in the day if you accomplished something awesome in sport, you got to meet the president in person at the White House. Now he just tweets you.

I'm sure he'll get to go to the White House when the Olympics are over, I still find it crazy how much attention tweets get.

bengraven

But how can you be proud of Team USA's accomplishments when you're not on the team?

That's true. They should probably also limit those allowed to watch/be in the audience to family members, like in a Little League game.

The revolutions caused by my eye-rolling ended up breaking through the trans-dimensional fabric and I believe I just invented sub-space travel in my skull.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
This is a monumental feat, but not a totally unexpected one, since Americans are used to being #1 at basically anything we care about.

At the time of this post, the USA is ranked #1 on the 2012 Olympics medal count.

4Gc8c.png

awesome a Korey thread.

Proof, that America cares most about coming 2nd and 3rd!

LosDaddie

Banned
That's true. They should probably also limit those allowed to watch/be in the audience to family members, like in a Little League game..

I like you.

As I keep mentioning, as the US team is completely donor funded, if you've made a contribution here:

http://support.teamusa.org/site/PageNavigator/TeamUSA_Ways_to_Donate

I think you're entitled on some small level to share in the pride.

That being said, the Americans crowing the loudest likely haven't contributed anything.

What about supporting a company/business who helps fund Team USA?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Well it's hard to like him knowing Zlatan has been all up there.
and that he's a barca player

gpibD.jpg

Pique :
ZxZ6x.png

Nocerino :
PfCjy.jpg

Think we can all agree here.
Judicious choice of photos aside, have you seen how tall Piqué is? Just in terms of scale his penis would be the size of your arm.

Steelrain

I haven't been following the olympics, but I thought it was decided that Phelps was a has-been because he failed to win a medal earlier in the week or something? Did he win again?

Subitai

I like you.

What about supporting a company/business who helps fund Team USA?
That's more indirect and I don't think Olympic fans are like NASCAR fans. If you consciously go to McDonalds and buy Coke to it is the same thing on a smaller level right? Again the problem is that's not happening and certainly being done by most of the people spamming over the top USA trash talking.

bengraven

That's more indirect and I don't think Olympic fans are like NASCAR fans. If you consciously go to McDonalds and buy Coke to it is the same thing on a smaller level right? Again the problem is that's not happening and certainly being done by most of the people spamming over the top USA trash talking.

Im-Sorry-I-Thought-This-Was-America-Randy.jpg

Emwitus

Yay. Dream team sucked. They only win one gold medal every 4 years. They can't be best athletes!!! Yay phelps! greatest olympian of all time!

Solo

Not a Korey thread without a massive, self-indulgent jpeg "review" in which all he does is list cons of the movie/book/game/whatever before incredulously giving it a 7/10.

Zhengi

You had absolutely nothing to do with his accomplishments. You were simply born in the same country. How does it feel to need to live your life through other people?

What are you talking about? You think he would be where he is if society was not there for him? We helped paved the roads that he drives on, filled the Olympic sized swimming pools where he trains, and made a society that is possible for athletes like him to train through our taxes. What do you mean we had nothing to do with his accomplishments? Get out of here you conservative scum!!!

So no-one's mentioned Bradley Wiggins' gold medal and as a result he's (apparently) the Brit with the most Olympic medals ever?

No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom