• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Phelps Becomes Most Decorated Olympian of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Team USA should maybe take diving/male gymnastics more seriously but then we would sacrifice that essential American ideal of being awesome only in awesome sports

Being proud of being in the most awesome country in the 3000 years this planet has been spinning doesn't make the OP a troll nor this a troll thread.
When Jesus was hanging with the dinosaurs in Utah do you think he was worried about some furners scraping together a few medals? No, he had his eyes on the prize.

SteveWD40

Being proud of being in the most awesome country in the 3000 years this planet has been spinning doesn't make the OP a troll nor this a troll thread.

A. It is when it's Korey, an admitted troll who posts jingoistic crap all the time for the lulz.

B. Wait? 3000 years spinning? Have I just fallen for a nice little troll job?

Touché

SteveWD40

Wait,

What's the UK got to do with the OP?

Nah, creating the colonies the US was born from, creating the industrialised world for them to prosper and Globalisation are nothing compared to some medals in sports they only care about every 4 years and then only the ones they beat the Chinese in.

Salsa

came here to congratulate you guys yet a Korey thread unsurprisingly made me regret that immediatly. Trolling or not this is just a standup way of shitting all over a true accomplishment. This deserves and actual good thread.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I thought I was obvious he meant most awesome now and not "best empire that dissolved almost 90 years ago"

As the opening ceremony clearly demonstrated to the entire world, not only is the UK the greatest country in the history of the world, having invented (among other things), the modern world, music and healthcare, it is also the current greatest country; being the only country in the world that could have torn up the existing--run out and boring (having been invented by that nation of perpetual uncreativity, the USA)--rule book on how to stage an Olympic Opening. It will herald a cultural renaissance that will surely sweep around the world. No country will be left untouched.

The 2012 Olympics will be remembered as a mere footnote to the fact that 2012 was the year that the world finally stopped the pretence that they are anything other than perpetual runners up in the sport of being as great as the UK. I'll try to think of you when I go home to my British house tonight and merely enjoy living in the only country on the world that God would rather be than heaven.

As the opening ceremony clearly demonstrated to the entire world, not only is the UK the greatest country in the history of the world, having invented (among other things), the modern world, music and healthcare, it is also the current greatest country; being the only country in the world that could have torn up the existing--run out and boring (having been invented by that nation of perpetual uncreativity, the USA)--rule book on how to stage an Olympic Opening. It will herald a cultural renaissance that will surely sweep around the world. No country will be left untouched.

The 2012 Olympics will be remembered as a mere footnote to the fact that 2012 was the year that the world finally stopped the pretence that they are anything other than perpetual runners up in the sport of being as great as the UK. I'll try to think of you when I go home to my British house tonight and merely enjoy living in the only country on the world that God would rather be than heaven.

Don't forget Top Gear.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Thats nice and all but America
untitled-199dbqf.gif

Aguirre

i bet out there, somewhere in a remote fishing community, there is a swimmer much better than phelps.
there's always a bigger fish, as they say.

Steelrain

close20door.gif

So anyway, back to more relevant topics. Goddamn does it feel good to wake up and be American. Know that feel brahs?

SteveWD40

i bet out there, somewhere in a remote fishing community, there is a swimmer much better than phelps.
there's always a bigger fish, as they say.

It's just genetics, he is physically perfect to swim fast, might as well have a who's tallest competition.

Valnen

You mean greatest swimmer. Athlete LOL

Well if it's so easy maybe you should go out and win more medals. You can do it tomorrow I'm sure. Since you know, it's so easy.

People are so jealous of this guy it's hilarious. Or maybe jealous isn't the right word. People are just being dumb.

p4XSd.jpg

cN1Zw.png

Britain is the worst country in the world.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Korey is a joke, he doesn't believe any of it, actually a bit liberal really he just likes to post troll threads.

That actually saddens me, I thought he really was that patriotic, which was pretty cool to see, even if sometimes going into crazyville

GG-Duo

I dunno. I feel like Michael Phelps' wins should have a * star beside them. The whole LZR fiasco made the competition a bit unfair, in my mind anyway.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

i8SrEttNpQmJC.gif

charsace

In all seriousness though Phelps is a great athlete. By all accounts the guy has not worked as hard as he should and he is still winning medals in individual events. And he would probably have a gold right now if he was sharper in his turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom