• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michigan: bill allows health care workers to refuse service to anyone on moral...

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Lansing, Michigan) Doctors or other health care providers could not be disciplined or sued if they refuse to treat gay patients under legislation passed Wednesday by the Michigan House.

The bill allows health care workers to refuse service to anyone on moral, ethical or religious grounds.

Scroll down for full text

The Republican dominated House passed the measure as dozens of Catholics looked on from the gallery. The Michigan Catholic Conference, which pushed for the bills, hosted a legislative day for Catholics on Wednesday at the state Capitol.

The bills now go the Senate, which also is controlled by Republicans.

The Conscientious Objector Policy Act would allow health care providers to assert their objection within 24 hours of when they receive notice of a patient or procedure with which they don't agree. However, it would prohibit emergency treatment to be refused.

What the fuck...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yeah I remember reading about this a few months back... the example given was that a health care worker refused to give a lady her perscription for birth control. Can you believe that shit?

WedgeX

Banned
Damnit.

Good thing we still have Granholm who can veto this.

Michigan Catholic Conference

Remind me to start a moderate to liberal Catholic organization some time in the future.

hXc_thugg

We should try to get a bill passed that allows health care workers to refuse to treat black people, as a joke. We could cite "claims" that "actual" healthcare workers have made. Things like "I didn't want my hands to turn black!"

That will show them.

Odoul

It's funny how a city so defined by violence, corruption, crime, STD outbreaks etc.. like Detroit could be surrounded by what's everyday seeming more and more a pussywhipped, Tom and Betty church picnic state like Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom