• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft against curvy women

kyussman

WTF is an exaggerated body proportion......women come in all shapes and sizes,why wouldn't a video game mirror this.I guess fat chicks are ok though,right.....because they have got their bumps by eating too much which is ok,lol......having them naturally is evil.....what a fucking state the western world is in.

Filben

Exaggerated is highly unspecific.

There are women (men alike, people in general) with "exaggerated" Proportions. Why exclude them when we want to include everybody today?

Exaggerated in a comical sense? Well, if it's a comical game, art style and narrative, why not have comical exaggerated proportions?

I think a more apparent issue would be over-sexualisation, which is independent from body proportions. It is how they're presented. Sames goes for small body proportions.

winjer

Gold Member
There are women (men alike, people in general) with "exaggerated" Proportions. Why exclude them when we want to include everybody today?

Because fat, ugly, purple haired women, get offended by beautiful women.
And because there purple haired orcs are very loud and complain a lot, companies like MS, think they represent the whole spectrum of women in the world.
When in reality, they are just a loud minority.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We went over this. Corporations are doing woke games because they get government money for achieving high esg score. To do that they need to use consultancy like sbi.

So no. They dont have principles but they can get 50mil tax write off if main character of fable is ugly lesbian.

Stellar blade is Korean. They dont have esg bs.

Toots

Gold Member
5gNy0wL.jpg
how high wtf GIF

Please tell me the rolled up shirt + tramp stamp combo was modded

Drew1440

Sorry guys you better get use to pancake booty in your video games!

0e1D2jY.jpg
The buttless Brie
This stuff is so doomed. Asian devs don't give a fuck about this and will just enjoy the benefits of being handed an open goal to exploit.

At some point the penny's going to drop that losing ESG money isn't the worst-case scenario, its losing their entire market,
This part I don't get. Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world, why do they need ESG funding?

The buttless Brie

This part I don't get. Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world, why do they need ESG funding?

This is not about money, but power.

Microsoft psycho execs want to sit at the table in Davos where they rule the world alongside the other big tech scum.

If they don't comply with Black Rock's guidelines, they will be ostracized. I don't like Elon Musk at all, but he's the only powerful figure who has publicly said no to this bullshit.

Kilau

There is absolutely no hope for Xbox in Japan anymore.
FIFY

This shit has to die and MS is showing a complete lack of a spine by actually pulling this woke card.

It's not an industry problem that female bodies are sexy.
It's a problem in the heads of insecure woman who apparantly feel outclassed by a fucking bunch of polygons.

They should see a shrink. Not try to shoehorn in some form of obligated pity. Fuck off, buy some running shoes, exercise, get liposuction or get rekt, whatever.
But trying to censor attractive depictions of woman won't make the problem go away.

Since the problem exists between their ears and nowhere else, this wont help at all. It just hurts MS. And rightfully so for catering to these mingers.

Last edited:
You guys are so defensive, and one game Sony is publishing and not developing does not undo all the hideous Boglin characters they've been pushing out for years now.

qqkCfoZ.jpg
The whole western industry has been pushing out fugly boglins in the name of inclusion. Sony is not exclusive here.

But the existence of them publishing and supporting Stellar Blade, from the dev that made a borderline hentai mobile game Nikkei, shows pretty clearly that Sony is not mandating the removal of sexualized female characters like MS is.

So your attempt to create a false narrative is easily debunked, and your attempt to gaslight those who called out your BS is equally as pathetic.

Kilau

The whole western industry has been pushing out fugly boglins in the name of inclusion. Sony is not exclusive here.

But the existence of them publishing and supporting Stellar Blade, from the dev that made a borderline hentai mobile game Nikkei, shows pretty clearly that Sony is not mandating the removal of sexualized female characters like MS is.

So your attempt to create a false narrative is easily debunked, and your attempt to gaslight those who called out your BS is equally as pathetic.

When Sony has a dev that actually makes a normal looking female character again you’ll have a point. Until then they suck just as much as the rest of them. Don’t let your warrior blind you to reality or make you so upset about an obvious joke making fun of both companies.

Western Sony is as crappy as MS. The difference is that the company is Japanese and there is a guy like Yoshida who brought in a lot of Asian exclusive games, including Stellar Blade. They are not 100% rotten, unlike MS, who is in the leading race for this bullshit.

I want to remind you that Fate Grand Order is Sony's most profitable IP and that's a waifu galore. Many people pretend this game doesn't exist so it doesn't destroy their narrative.

There is a huge shake-up about to happen in PS Studios and what comes of it will be an important factor in deciding whether Sony falls completely in line with DEI or not.

Last edited:
I've been an Xbox fan since first playing Halo a week after Halo CE released. But I'm over Microsoft at this point. They release very few games and now we know they're attempting to make them worse.

I'll still play a few exclusives here and there on PC, I'm excited for Hellblade 2 and Stalker, but I'm trading in my XSX and saving the credit for a PS5 pro where at least they have Japanese games.

Cyberpunkd

What's easier to do for top executives?

A. Continuously find a way to create innovative products and new markets?
B. Give yoga classes and Discord rooms to employees?

Everyone - and that goes for the people at the very top as well - loves to pretend how busy they are.

Generic

When Sony has a dev that actually makes a normal looking female character again you’ll have a point. Until then they suck just as much as the rest of them. Don’t let your warrior blind you to reality or make you so upset about an obvious joke making fun of both companies.
Yeah, it seems people forgot the last Senran Kagura game was cancelled due to Sony's censorship policies. Also, the PS4 version of Burst Re:Newal had some content removed (you can play the uncensored version on Steam).

Kandagawa Jet Girls was much tamer than Senran Kagura, too.

Top Bottom