• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has more best-sellers on PlayStation Store than Sony does

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
GAF for years: LOL you don’t buy an Xbox for exclusives, it doesn’t have any

GAF now: LOL you’re losing all of your Xbox exclusives

Please pick a narrative, warriors

Let me help you out.

Xbox Fans:
2013 - 2015 - PS5 has no games. It's not an exclusive if the game is on PS3 and PC.
2016 - Xbox games coming to PC? It's still exclusive because PC is Microsoft's platform.
2017 - 2019 - Exclusives don't matter. The most popular games are multiplats. People buy consoles for Madden, FIFA, Call of Duty
2020 - 2023 - Microsoft is ready to compete against Sony. They now have games and exclusives. 2024 is going to be the year for Microsoft
2024 - Exclusives are a thing of the past. Look at Sony, they're releasing games on PC!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Let me help you out.

Xbox Fans:
2013 - 2015 - PS5 has no games. It's not an exclusive if the game is on PS3 and PC.
2016 - Xbox games coming to PC? It's still exclusive because PC is Microsoft's platform.
2017 - 2019 - Exclusives don't matter. The most popular games are multiplats. People buy consoles for Madden, FIFA, Call of Duty
2020 - 2023 - Microsoft is ready to compete against Sony. They now have games and exclusives. 2024 is going to be the year for Microsoft
2024 - Exclusives are a thing of the past. Look at Sony, they're releasing games on PC!
Let me help you out too.

Sony Fans:

Forever until now: Exclusives matter...... "No need to buy Xbox if you can play on PC"

Recently: MLB The Show on Xbox and switch day one, almost all key IPs on PC, GAAS games day one on PC...... "Dead silence"

Last edited:
Let me help you out.

Xbox Fans:

Let me help you out too.

Sony Fans:

Forever until now: Exclusives matter...... "No need to buy Xbox if you can play on PC"

Recently: MLB The Show on Xbox and switch day one, almost all key IPs on PC, GAAS games day one on PC...... "Dead silence"
Who is winning sons?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Let me help you out too.

Sony Fans:

Forever until now: Exclusives matter. "No need to buy Xbox if you can play on PC"

Recently: MLB The Show on Xbox and switch day one, almost all key IPs on PC, GAAS games day one on PC. "Dead silence"

It looks like you didn't read 2013 - 2015 because that narrative didn't change.

Many of the exclusives PlayStation fans were bragging about were in fact "console exclusive." They were released on both PC and PS4.

Some of the titles:

Final Fantasy 14, Street Fighter V, No Man Sky, Ni no Kuni II, Guilty Gear Xrd, and King of Fighters 14

There's also a huge difference between releasing all of your games day one on PC versus just GaaS games or games 1-2 years down the line.

RyanEvans21

Let me help you out too.

Sony Fans:

Let me help you out.

Xbox Fans:

I already know console warriors exist, don’t need any help there thanks. I do hope the platoon gives you lots of reactions though. Nothing you posted refutes what I said 👍

Also, what PS3 games were on PC in 2013-2015? Refresh my memory, genuinely don’t remember any.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I already know console warriors exist, don’t need any help there thanks. I do hope the platoon gives you lots of reactions though. Nothing you posted refutes what I said 👍
No, you clearly did because there's a reason why PS fans were laughing at Xbox losing their exclusives.

Hint: Because they were laughing at PS fans first.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Only one publisher is a win/win for everyone.
Yeah Right Judging You GIF

DavidGzz

This thread reminds of of Rich Piana saying, "It doesn't matter how I got my 20" arms, what matters is I got em, and you don't." Granted, his haters are alive and he isn't, but still....

Activision/Blizzard$68.7 Billion
Bethesda/Zenimax$7.5 Billion
Mojang$2.5 Billion
ObsidianUnknown
Rare$375 Million

They spent at least $80 billion to acquire these publishers/studios. Just these publishers/studios, mind you. They have acquired much more than these over the years.

Also, almost every game listed was released prior to Microsoft's acquisition of said publisher/studio.

Go Microsoft?

It's like when we buy stock. It may not be us increasing the stock, but you still say, "yay, me!"

And it's not like it's MS pointing this out, it's the news outlets.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Totally. But I'd say win/win for 99% of gamers. There's going to be that 1% who hates the fact MS gets 70% of it. MLB The Show has been on Xbox for 4 years in a row. Who cares if Sony gets 70%.
That 1% maybe Xbox fans who don't want their games on PlayStation.

midnightAI

Totally. But I'd say win/win for 99% of gamers. There's going to be that 1% who hates the fact MS gets 70% of it. MLB The Show has been on Xbox for 4 years in a row. Who cares if Sony gets 70%.
MLB is on XBox due to licensing only which is very different to XBox putting games on PlayStation due to necessity (Likely MS has told XBox division enough is enough, they want to see a return on the investment, I don't think it's an XBox decision)

I'm not sure it's win/win for gamers 'if' it affects XBox hardware in the future (XBox going third party and scrapping everything else), hopefully it doesn't and MS allow XBox more time and don't just listen to shareholders who's only interest is money (let's face it, most are)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That 1% maybe Xbox fans who don't want their games on PlayStation.
MLB is on XBox due to licensing only which is very different to XBox putting games on PlayStation due to necessity (Likely MS has told XBox division enough is enough, they want to see a return on the investment, I don't think it's an XBox decision)

I'm not sure it's win/win for gamers 'if' it affects XBox hardware in the future (XBox going third party and scrapping everything else), hopefully it doesn't and MS allow XBox more time and don't just listen to shareholders who's only interest is money (let's face it, most are)
Maybe. But either way, Who cares. Gamers get games on other platforms and the corporations can fight for the 70/30 split. They dont seem to mind doing it together, so even they agree on doing. As for MLB somehow forcing Sony to make Xbox baseball games, Sony can always just say no and ditch the game to spite them. In the link, which links to an Inverse article, Sony agree to do it in 2019, which lead to the first game being the 2021 game.

Last edited:
Both sides think it is a gotcha moment when the reality is we have all been had. None of these decisions are made for us anymore no matter how much companies pretend they are doing things for “the gamers.” This is all about those at the top cashing in.
Only Xbox customers think they are cared for as "fans". Nintendo and PlayStation customers are fully aware they are consumers. That is why only the Xbox manager win awards and not the manager of the other two companies.

Of course, the Xbox fans also forgot that they are suppose to buy games.

Let me help you out too.

Sony Fans:

Call out the Sony fans once a single one of their AAA non-GAAS ever comes day and date to another platform and not 2-4 years later

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Maybe. But either way, Who cares. Gamers get games on other platforms and the corporations can fight for the 70/30 split. They dont seem to mind doing it together, so even they agree on doing. As for MLB somehow forcing Sony to make Xbox baseball games, Sony can always just say no and ditch the game to spite them. In the link, which links to an Inverse article, Sony agree to do it in 2019, which lead to the first game being the 2021 game.
But why would Sony give up making a game that sells 3 to 5 million per year just because the league forces them to put it on xbox?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But why would Sony give up making a game that sells 3 to 5 million per year just because the league forces them to put it on xbox?
MLB games on PS only sell about 1M console copies per year going back about 20 years. PSP ports added about 200,000 more. It hit 2M in 2021 when the first Xbox port released.

Giving up MLB wouldnt move the needle for their gaming division, but they agreed to do Switch and Xbox games because making multiplat baseball games wont affect the PS brand. And getting extra sales and mtx from competing ports adds to the bottom line. The same theory applies to PC ports. As long as the PC sales dont negatively affect the brand, they'll keep doing it.

Last edited:

midnightAI

MLB games on PS only sell about 1M console copies per year going back about 20 years. PSP ports added about 200,000 more. It hit 2M in 2021 when the first Xbox port released.

Giving up MLB wouldnt move the needle for their gaming division, but they agreed to do Switch and Xbox games because making multiplat baseball games wont affect the PS brand. And getting extra sales and mtx from competing ports adds to the bottom line. The same theory applies to PC ports. As long as the PC sales dont negatively affect the brand, they'll keep doing it.

As far as I'm aware, sales on XBox aren't counted as it's on gamepass, so those 2million sales are PS, PC and Switch. (It's around 4 million players isn't it according to wiki?)

And 2 million per year ain't bad for a franchise that noone gives a shit about outside the US

But the last game with sales numbers in your link says 2 million, but one million. Sales are surely even higher now that they release it on two other consoles. But the main reason they are more than happy to put it on other platforms is all the MTX in the game just means more $$$.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You’ve graduated from “they started it” to “I know you are but what am I”. I’m so proud of you! ✌️

I'm pointing out the obvious, something you refuse to acknowledge.

Action has conquences. If Xbox fanboys bragged about exclusives that their exclusives are only on the PS platform while PS games were on PC and PS4, then Xbox fans shouldn't complain because this is a direct result of their own actions.

So when you say, "It's the 'they started it' logic," that means you're not willing to put the blame on Xbox fans for their own action. You don't want to do this because you often defend Microsoft and Xbox on this forum.

But go ahead, keep defending. It's just hilarious at this point.

Top Bottom