• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft raises Halo game prices worldwide (Some countries up to 400%)

cireza

A lot of Xbox games are charging way more than they are worth, which is reflected in their poor sales. Almost no XGS game ever charts nowadays.
Then that's perfectly fine. This will lead to the situation fixing itself. No need to be concerned for the Xbox consumer then, he obviously already knows what to do = not buying.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
So...who is the fault this time that is clearly not Microsoft? Taxes? Inflation? Wheater? Planet alignment?

Is anyone on here from any of these territories? Like honestly who among us really cares about this? 😂

I couldn’t care less, doesn’t impact me at all

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
This is you right now:

"I paid money thinking I was gonna have sex with a gorgeous woman,instead I got fucked in the ass by said woman....But why the outrage,it was only a small dildo"

Does Not Sound Insane Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

ToadMan

MS have learned their lesson from Office.

To make the sub seem like good value, you've got to raise the outright purchase prices.

They made a misstep with Office because they aggressively put other productivity vendors out of business by selling the Office bloat at a loss (noooo... good guy MS?) and then the sub was capped by the purchase price. Corporate customers weren't so gullible as to let MS raise the prices on them.

But with PC storefronts still being more popular than subs, bumping the sales price gives MS room to hike the gamepass price. Xbox-only console users will just keep eating the shit - what else have they got?

<wargames_The only way to win is not to play.gif>

Drizzlehell

Banned
This is you right now:

"I paid money thinking I was gonna have sex with a gorgeous woman,instead I got fucked in the ass by said woman....But why the outrage,it was only a small dildo"
I didn't understand that metaphor but I would like to know more about that woman.

acm2000

This is you right now:

i mean usually i have to pay more for that so id still be happy

Welp, glad I jumped ship when that atrocity FM8 came out, wiping my last grain of love for the Xbox brand out of existence....
They can't shove this under the inflation rug, this is pure theft.

Plenty of people here from all over the world. I gifted a game to a guy from Turkey the other day.

What a shit attitude you have.
They'll be forced to lower the prices if no one buys them because they're too expensive, that's just market economics 101, my man. 🤷‍♂️

Ansphn

So basically they don't want people to buy these games on steam and rather get gamepass?
Yes that's exactly their strategy going forward. Raise pricing for every game to push people to Gamepass. I think they might do the same with COD and raise the price to $100-$150 to push everyone to Gamepass.

Top Bottom