• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to offer Self-Service Refunds for Xbox One & Win10

Nzyme32

Nice. Same as Steam's setup which is good enough at least for me. Just depends on how robust the system is in its automation in practise by comparison.

EDIT - I'm wrong - DLC, Season Passes etc can not be refunded, so they are not the same

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is amazing, and I said this before....the orig policies are going to start coming back. And I hope some do.

Some were good, some bad. This wasnt part of them IIRC, but still.

MS is really fighting to compete. Real nice, MS. Real nice.

So, compared to Steam can you sell your games?

I know. I still think it's beyond stupid.

Most people don't swear off companies forever. But even if they did, so what? They are corporations. They aren't entitled to anyone's money.

I went to PC last gen because the big three were doing tertible (imo). And if I had sworn them off forever, I'm not sure why that matters? Why are we pitying multi billion dollar corporations?

That seems dumb to me.

Whales

Banned
Good job MS

Now to see if Sony will follow suit or stay piece of shit that wont refund you anything (even fucking pre-orders...)

xaosslug

losing MS is best MS
wHYffuL.png

very, very cool of microsoft. I hope they have some big game announcements at E3, that plus Scorpio plus this could convince me to move more of my multiplat purchases to xbone.

AlexBasch

I remember being disappointed when I bought Watch Dogs vanilla version instead of the one with all the DLC since it was a couple of dollars more expensive. Didn't ask for a refund to get the other version, but this could be useful to settle these mistakes. :O

Eh, I don't like this one. You should be able to cancel a pre-order or any game without having to download 40GB+ first.

In that case just give Xbox Support a ring and they'll sort it out, same if you played a game for more than 2 hours.

I bought Don Bradman Cricket 17, played it for around 10-11 hours and was offended at how shit it was so I picked up the phone and told the young lady that the game was terrible and buggy and got a refund without any trouble. Whole thing took about five minutes.

Dabanton

just because they are on top shouldn't mean anything. This is pro consumer and should be the standard.

I'm the biggest Sony homer in the world and I understand that.

Of course they should. But often times until a company desperately have to they won't.

MS is in underdog mode and are about to release another console. They can make changes to their platform and approaches to make their vision of their console more palatable to potential and current costumers. And try and force their competitors to do the same.

It's what Sony did to them in the run up to the XB1 reveal and release. made pretty much all their policies look old hat and very consumer unfriendly.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
One step closer to trading digital purchases.

Yup.

Has there ever been a more consumer-friendly platform holder?

Well, just look at Sony vs MS 2013 console launches...lol. Back then it wasnt MS. Overall the orig policies were kinda bad but there were a few that were nice IMO.

MS has been turning things around for sure since then.

Jumeira

Banned
Microsoft is truly #4theplayers.

They're the pro-consumer console manufacturer this gen. Who would've thought after that initial reveal.

Phil Spencer :)

Loving this MS, Scorpio beasting and now this. Can't see any option but for Sony to follow suit, otherwise they'll be a sudden shift in digital purchases from PSN to XBL. Sony aren't going to sit there and let that happen. Best way for changed is when it impacts your bottom line.

ironcreed

Banned
Well, as long as you are not doing returns on a weekly basis I would assume.

Naturally. Who in the hell would do that, other some moron who tried to take advantage of the system? I am sure there will be checks in place for that sort of thing. But as it stands, this is a big deal.

Nzyme32

DLCs and season passes are not refundable, I wonder if you can refund the definitive edition of a game

This all depends on how MS has set this up, if they treat them as independent packages / applications etc.

Also wondering about virtual items / currencies / subs etc etc

I can't imagine the state of Sony and Nintendo's online services if it wasn't for Microsoft. This is why competition is good. I imagine we'll see this for all consoles eventually.

Blueblur1

They can probably check achievements and see you've beat the game and tell you no.

What if I log into another account on my primary console to start and finish the game? :)

Edit: Not stating that I will personally do this as I buy only games I know I want and don't buy games for the Xbox platform at the moment.

This is actually pretty big, especially on console. Competition is such a beautiful thing really and MS -since Spencer came on board- has begun to turn things around from that disastrous 2013 launch. Kudos to them.

Top Bottom