• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
There's plenty of hype in the thread, it's just hard to see when there's only like.... 20 different regular posters who post here. Other Xbox fans have gone and got themselves banned, and everyone else is just more hyped for the PS4.

But who knows, come E3 that might change.

This console is the successor to my favorite console ever. There are a lot of us that are Xbox fans and we are geeked. It's just a hassle when you get into a thread and it's Kinect this, Kinect that, when most of the people don't even have the damn thing, lol. I do as I was a first day adopter and it's been fun times ever since I got it. Dance Central 1-3 are quality titles. Disney Rush and Kinect Disneyland are quality titles.

Moving on from that. It's a formality me getting the console anyways as I'm a huge fan of their exclusive output. I have been for two gaming generations now.

Halo 4 1080p would be cool, just include all the map packs

Hmm, I'm guess that's possible but it'd seem like a waste of resources.

I agree if it's a main game, but I would like to see an offshoot for sure.

I'd accept a ODST sequel based on the characters in Halo 4. I know there's Spartan Ops, but it's not very fleshed out as a mode.

What about a Halo 2 HD remake?

God yes, this would be amazing, but only if they retained everything about Halo 2 that made so damn great back in the day, which I doubt they would.

OMG DID YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT LOST ODYSSEY 2?!?!?! I haven't ;_;

Soon...

Neither Conker or Banjo would probably end up selling well unfortunately. That train has sailed.

They don't necessarily have to sell well, as
they would fill an equally important role of diversifying the launch lineup. Sadly as Killer Instinct 3 would also do this, we come full circle again.

Did they all get perma or temped banned?

Most of them perma'd.

2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

God yes, this would be amazing, but only if they retained everything about Halo 2 that made so damn great back in the day, which I doubt they would.

Halo 2 HD multiplayer would make me feel happy in my pants, provided they wouldn't meddle with it
they would

Still the best MP in the series and by extent in gaming.

CcrVHhm.png

Both of the Left 4 Dead games were console-exclusive to the Xbox 360. Considering Valves shift in stance towards the HD-twins I don't see that partnership continuing with the recently rumored L4D3. Do you?

Halo 2 HD multiplayer would make me feel happy in my pants, provided they wouldn't meddle with it
they would

Still the best MP in the series and by extent in gaming.

Yep, this is my worry with any Halo 2 HD. They'll undoubtedly ruin the MP and so make it virtually pointless as a release because no-one really likes the SP, as much as they might pretend to...

MasLegio

Banned
CcrVHhm.png

Both of the Left 4 Dead games were console-exclusive to the Xbox 360. Considering Valves shift in stance towards the HD-twins I don't see that partnership continuing with the recently rumored L4D3. Do you?

Valve is not on good terms with MS so I do not believe that. Though L4D did sell well on xbox so they might want that money anyway, as well as keep the L4D-brand strong and draw L4D-players toward the Steam-platform.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Valve is not on good terms with MS so I do not believe that. Though L4D did sell well on xbox so they might want that money anyway, as well as keep the L4D-brand strong and draw L4D-players toward the Steam-platform.

"Steam-platform" is nothing more than Steam...

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
IF LO2 is indeed in the works, the very strong writing from the first one needs to be there. That is one of the great things about the game. Also, Jensen as well.

scently

Yep, this is my worry with any Halo 2 HD. They'll undoubtedly ruin the MP and so make it virtually pointless as a release because no-one really likes the SP, as much as they might pretend to...

Err that's not true. Its understandable if you don't like it, but there are a lot of people who like it, like me. Story/lore-wise Halo 2 was the best. I think Halo 3 was a regression in that regard.

Err that's not true. Its understandable if you don't like it, but there are a lot of people who like it, like me. Story/lore-wise Halo 2 was the best. I think Halo 3 was a regression in that regard.

More a joke than a serious criticism. I get people like the SP, I enjoyed too (although not so much on replays and the abrupt ending left a lot to be desired), but let's be honest, it was all about the multiplayer.

Still the best there ever was....

MasLegio

Banned
No it's really not, it requires the use of Windows or Linux to even run at all.

By your definition Origin is a platform too.

kaz.gif~original

I guess we have different definitions of platforms then. Mine is not hardware-bound like yours appears to be. Origin is not a platform, yet. But it might become one. Now it is too limited.

also LOL at you calling me an angry Sony fanboy by jiffing....

FordGTGuy

Banned
I guess we have different definitions of platforms then. Mine is not hardware-bound like yours appears to be.

In computers, a platform is an underlying computer system on which application programs can run. On personal computers, Windows 2000 and the Mac OS X are examples of two different platforms. On enterprise servers or mainframes, IBM's S/390 is an example of a platform.

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/definition/platform

Steam fits no definition as a software platform even if they made a Steam box it still wouldn't be a platform as it still relies on Windows or Linux to even run. Now if Valve created their own Steam OS that actually runs the games and software I would than consider them a platform.

I didn't post that GIF in response to you.

tumblr_meqckfAkIl1qegw8v.gif~original

MasLegio

Banned
http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/definition/platform

Steam fits no definition as a software platform even if they made a Steam box it still wouldn't be a platform as it still relies on Windows or Linux to even run. Now if Valve created their own Steam OS that actually runs the games and software I would than consider them a platform.

I didn't post that GIF in response to you.

and I consider Steam to be a platform on top of those platforms since it is now available on several OSes and is so large among gamers, people think of Steam first when they buy and build PC gaming systems, that it could be named as a platform among Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc.

FordGTGuy

Banned
and I consider Steam to be a platform on top of those platforms since it is now available on several OSes and is so large among gamers, people think of Steam first when they buy and build PC gaming systems, that it could be named as a platform among Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc.

Those qualities do nothing to reinforce the idea that it's a platform.

People don't build their computers based on Steam they build them based on the games available at the time and the future games coming out, Steam just happens to be the storefront they plan on buying them on.

balmerboombox.gif~original

MasLegio

Banned
Is anyone else warming up to the look of the console? The more I see this image pop up the more I start to like it:

It will look good in a home cinema rack among other boxes like recievers and cable boxes, but not on its own. I believe they designed it to fit in that kind of livingroom environment. A bit ironic though since it it supposed to be the One.

Those qualities do nothing to reinforce the idea that it's a platform.

People don't build their computers based on Steam they build them based on the games available at the time and the future games coming out, Steam just happens to be the storefront they plan on buying them on.

balmerboombox.gif~original

Steam is more than a storefront by now. Origin is only a storefront, but Steam is more.

JJD

Is anyone else warming up to the look of the console? The more I see this image pop up the more I start to like it:

The console looks fine. My only issue with it is it's size.

Considering it's components I expected the Xbone to be way smaller. If at least MS pulls a good cooling solution then all is forgiven.

I never bothered about the lack of the PS4 console at Sony conference earlier this year but I'm really curious now. Specially about it's size.

Sony engineers are great I wonder if it will be smaller than the One, hopefully it looks as good. The pictures Sony is teasing are not making me confident.

If they manage to pull a smaller box and still include the power brick like the PS3 then people will bitch about the One's look and size even more. It's getting tiresome.

Alx

I think it's fine too. Nothing extraordinary, but it may be neutral enough to stand the test of time.
During the reveal, I was looking at all my electronic hardware under the TV, and I thought all of it was ugly. Only the Wii was still decent looking, with its simple and minimalistic shapes. So maybe they're on to something with that huge black brick.

More a joke than a serious criticism. I get people like the SP, I enjoyed too (although not so much on replays and the abrupt ending left a lot to be desired), but let's be honest, it was all about the multiplayer.

Still the best there ever was....

My man!

If co-op counts though, ODST Firefight is stupidly fun.

I like it alright. The controller is the biggest draw aesthetically, the box is a little big but generally inoffensive.

Same here. At first I didn't quite like the contrast between the two sides, but the more I look at it, the greater it looks. I like the very simplistic front with just the white Xbox light and the vents on the top right of the console. Very sharp looking.

It certainly is growing on me too.

Easily the best looking console Microsoft has ever designed. And I honestly believe one of the best looking consoles ever made, to be honest. I like the design a lot and can tell it's going to look incredible with the rest of my setup.

In fact, my current Fios TV set top box is a Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR, and the Xbox One's design aesthetic is going to fit in just nicely with my DVR.

251777-Motorola_QIP7232_for_FiOS_TV.jpg

fiosstb1114md.jpg

The marketing pictures actually don't do the xbox one any justice. It looks a lot better in more normal environment pictures taken of the box.

xbox_one.jpg

GavinGT

Banned
I like it alright. The controller is the biggest draw aesthetically, the box is a little big but generally inoffensive.

The controller is the part I'm still not sure I like. The added plastic near the bumpers throws me off. But I'm sure it will feel just fine in my hands - from all indications it feels like the 360 controller but without the cumbersome battery pack in the way.

So, someone mentioned a few pages back that the top-right block and the one below it could be Ryse. I didn't think the top-right one was, because it didn't have a similar aesthetic, but I kept looking over the image and found this interesting:

WthKgC4.png

I still don't think they'd use one game for two different blocks, so could the game below be Fable 4? Or maybe could the top-right game just be another game with a sword and shield? I mean that's not really out of the question, but I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Would be cool if Black tusk is working on a rpg or action adventure game in first person view.
Something like Zeno clash or Dark messiah:Might and magic.

I'm still hoping that game with the guy in cloak and that clearly seems to have a sword is a Japanese title... preferably a jrpg :p

MasLegio

Banned
the problem is with the Kinect. I do not think it will look good anywhere, whether you put it on top or on the bottom of the TV.

I'm still hoping that game with the guy in cloak and that clearly seems to have a sword is a Japanese title... preferably a jrpg :p

Dont they have like 3 studios there in japan?
If one thing dragons dogma told me japanese still have a excellent knack for gameplay.
Just import the tech and graphics from the west.

Dabanton

Why did baconsarmy get banned?

Because he didn't know when to take a break.

Being overly combative in nearly every post means you become the magnet for other frontline 'warriors'. To back and forth with.

He should have laughed closed his browser and went and had a breather he probably would have lasted longer on here.

eso76

Xbox One requires an internet connection to work (lulz), and it will require Kinect to be connected for it to work as well (another lulz. good luck if your little kid/brother/pet decides to break your kinect).

Yeah, and what if your little brother breaks your console ?
What if your house catches fire ? What then ?
Then you wouldn't be able to play your xboxone, has Microsoft thought of that ?

Come on...there's lots of valid complaints that can be done about the xbone, these aren't.

As for the design...well, this thing basically doesn't have any.
Lazy, but not ugly. It's harmless.
It's a black box, it will blend with modern furniture better than most consoles.
It certainly is better than an overdesigned piece of plastic that will always look
like toy in any living room.
This just looks like any other non-gaming electronic device (decoder, cable box,
amp, hifi etc)

Eltros

Banned
Would be cool if Black tusk is working on a rpg or action adventure game in first person view.
Something like Zeno clash or Dark messiah:Might and magic.
A huge budget rpg would be nice but I doubt it. It is supposed to be the next big monster title for Microsoft so probably either a fps or tps. Shooters are normally the biggest sellers.

oVerde

Banned
So, someone mentioned a few pages back that the top-right block and the one below it could be Ryse. I didn't think the top-right one was, because it didn't have a similar aesthetic, but I kept looking over the image and found this interesting:

WthKgC4.png

I still don't think they'd use one game for two different blocks, so could the game below be Fable 4? Or maybe could the top-right game just be another game with a sword and shield? I mean that's not really out of the question, but I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Reminds me of Patapon meets Journey; perhaps I did already saw some character design like this.

5QyrcLx.png

Yeah, and what if your little brother breaks your console ?
What if your house catches fire ? What then ?
Then you wouldn't be able to play your xboxone, has Microsoft thought of that ?

Come on...there's lots of valid complaints that can be done about the xbone, these aren't.

As for the design...well, this thing basically doesn't have any.
Lazy, but not ugly. It's harmless.
It's a black box, it will blend with modern furniture better than most consoles.
It certainly is better than an overdesigned piece of plastic that will always look
like toy in any living room.
This just looks like any other non-gaming electronic device (decoder, cable box,
amp, hifi etc)

The thing is kinect needs to out in the open so i could see a pet and a child grabbing it and break it. Then you need to fork out $49~149 to get your xbone to work again and play your games. Mandatory kinect is just backward stupid idea and they should fire the guy who thought of it. It makes setting up and connecting the console harder then i should be for a-technical people.

My body is ready, and how about you MS?
E3 is your last chance to show the goodie bags.
I have an 1 small week holiday, and that is next week :::

Doritos checked

A huge budget rpg would be nice but I doubt it. It is supposed to be the next big monster title for Microsoft so probably either a fps or tps. Shooters are normally the biggest sellers.

I don't think that Black Tusk is working on such a game, but Lionhead is apparently working on a new big RPG franchise. Perhaps an external studio could be working on an RPG as well. From Software, maybe? Hidetaka Miyazaki, the director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, is not directing Dark Souls II, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was working on a first party release commissioned by either Sony or Microsoft. Or, hey, even Nintendo.

Xenon

With the 360 MS went with two games that were very similar to the two biggest franchises at the time, Final Fantasy and the Dragon Warrior series. The big thing in Japan is Monster Hunter so it could be something like that.

Edit: The eye pattern reminds me of that kooky ninja from Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom