• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Black Tusk is working on such a game, but Lionhead is apparently working on a new big RPG franchise. Perhaps an external studio could be working on an RPG as well. From Software, maybe? Hidetaka Miyazaki, the director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, is not directing Dark Souls II, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was working on a first party release commissioned by either Sony or Microsoft. Or, hey, even Nintendo.

MS Osaka is likely to be working on an RPG too.

Can someone confirm what time this s for UK GMT?

I think 5:30PM BST? Could be wrong

E5A67l0.jpg

Hindle

Banned
Black Tusks game could be a System Shock type IP. Sci FI horror at the moment is pretty niche IMO but could easily become the next big genre if it's marketed right.

Miles X

Edit - meh, you're right Miles.

I had another thought today about the positives of this DRM/installing. No more scratched discs!

Are we expecting every game to have built-in standardized voice commands like "MAP!" or "Moves List!" or "Record!"? I think that some of the less console/controller friendly genres like MMO,RTS,or Adventure games could benefit from the voice technology.

Are we expecting every game to have built-in standardized voice commands like "MAP!" or "Moves List!" or "Record!"? I think that some of the less console/controller friendly genres like MMO,RTS,or Adventure games could benefit from the voice technology.

How did that ubisoft rts play it used voice commands if im not mistaken.

oVerde

Banned

As long it's is well done as on EndWar I won't mind, if it's just keywords that I could press two buttons faster than react through voice, than meh.

How did that ubisoft rts play it used voice commands if im not mistaken.

Works bloody well, the game units responds to you over the headset, is awesome.

Space shooter? Ruh oh. Qué the billion KZ SF vs threads and posts. Will actually be quite interesting from a graphical and tech comparison perspective.

It was a rumour and even then, it was supposedly more of a horror game in a sci-fi setting, which given the One's capabilities through Kinect 2.0 and the impulse triggers, could be great.

daebo

I keep getting the feeling like we're all missing something. Sure, there will be games. Stuff I'll be excited for... but you don't get super cocky and think it will be great w/o an ace up your sleeve. It just feels like we're missing something.

I know this is not happening but this is the kind of 'big' thing we're not seeing yet. But with the XBO basically becoming a locked down mini pc - with it's drm and what not - what are the odds of origin or steam being put on there - and the games can follow you to your pc back to XBO. Something like that... Would that even interest anybody? Would the naysayers jump on that and be excited?

Just feels like something is in the works...

Miles X

Have we heard anymore about that exclusive Zombie game? What about Turtle Rocks game?

I keep getting the feeling like we're all missing something. Sure, there will be games. Stuff I'll be excited for... but you don't get super cocky and think it will be great w/o an ace up your sleeve. It just feels like we're missing something.

I know this is not happening but this is the kind of 'big' thing we're not seeing yet. But with the XBO basically becoming a locked down mini pc - with it's drm and what not - what are the odds of origin or steam being put on there - and the games can follow you to your pc back to XBO. Something like that... Would that even interest anybody? Would the naysayers jump on that and be excited?

I think they have solid games to show but past that I think it's PR bull, exactly the same as Sony smirking and giggling when talking about the Vita's future (when they decide to acknowledge it), as if they have this massive game changer. When in reality, they don't.

lostones

Banned

ability to buy and sell digital and physical titles on xbl.

SpartanN92

Banned
Have we heard anymore about that exclusive Zombie game? What about Turtle Rocks game?

Big rumor yesterday was L4D3 based on it appearing on a steam list of some sort.

I doubt Turtle Rock is doing it, their employment page is seeking people with CryEngine experience, not source engine.

Yes you do. Its called PR. If MS fails to impress a second time then that would be truly embarrassing like Sony 06 embarrassing except played twice.

Miles X

Yes you do. Its called PR. If MS fails to impress a second time then that would be truly embarrassing like Sony 06 embarrassing except played twice.

You wish. Nothing will be more embarrassing than that. MS may under deliver but they will never be thick enough to show the crap Sony did in 06.

It's Dead Rising 3 according to famousmortimer.

Sweet, as long as it's like the first I'll be hyped!

oVerde

Banned

I'm expecting it too, some small revolution, Netflix of games, second screen over your tablet, since the controllers are wireless, images/sounds are streamed over SmartGlass, you know, some innovation, not just well done progress, I need a glimpse of the future!

Bgamer90

Banned

The MTV Xbox 360 reveal was worse than the Xbox One reveal -- BUT --- the MTV reveal still didn't compare to Sony 06.

Wasn't even close. Sony 06 was like a SNL/Mad TV sketch making fun of gamers buying into anything at ridiculous prices lol.

The only megatons from this point on will be exclusive (first and third party) games.

And I'm just fine with that.

Sweet, as long as it's like the first I'll be hyped!

This would be a very welcome indeed, but I have my doubts that Capcom are doing it in house.

Such a shame, DR1 was all kinds of amazing. Perfect difficulty level, learning curve, etc. It was sublime. I fear we'll never a game as well designed ever again.

Miles X

This would be a very welcome indeed, but I have my doubts that Capcom are doing it in house.

Such a shame, DR1 was all kinds of amazing. Perfect difficulty level, learning curve, etc. It was sublime. I fear we'll never a game as well designed ever again.

Yeah, was it Blue Castle that did 2?? Whoever it was, it was just lacking, one of my biggest disappointments of the gen. Such fond memories of DR1, fantastic selling point for the 360 at the time too.

How do we feel about the possibility MS has bought up MGS5 timed exclusivity?

So, someone mentioned a few pages back that the top-right block and the one below it could be Ryse. I didn't think the top-right one was, because it didn't have a similar aesthetic, but I kept looking over the image and found this interesting:

WthKgC4.png

I still don't think they'd use one game for two different blocks, so could the game below be Fable 4? Or maybe could the top-right game just be another game with a sword and shield? I mean that's not really out of the question, but I thought it was a funny coincidence.

That image looks like something from thatgamecompany.
Chen did announce they we're moving on to other platforms, maybe Microsoft jumped in and made an offer...

The MTV Xbox 360 reveal was worse than the Xbox One reveal -- BUT --- the MTV reveal still didn't compare to Sony 06.

Wasn't even close. Sony 06 was like a SNL/Mad TV sketch making fun of gamers buying into anything at ridiculous prices lol.

Yeah true. MTV reveal was cringe worthy but Sony 06 was straight up embarrassing.

It's Dead Rising 3 according to famousmortimer.

Really? Do you have the link to the post. Thanks.

0%

Go back and read about Sony circa 2005-06. They were so cocky about the PS3 that they launched it at a 50% higher price than the 360 and a year later. I'm worried that MS is going to think they have an ace up their sleeve
cell processor anyone?
and launch at a higher price than Sony only to fall into damage control in a year or two.

I guess we'll know more in 7 days though. Fingers crossed for a great showing from both companies and a huge start to next-gen!

Yeah, was it Blue Castle that did 2?? Whoever it was, it was just lacking, one of my biggest disappointments of the gen. Such fond memories of DR1, fantastic selling point for the 360 at the time too.

Yep, renamed Capcom Vancouver now apparently. It was lacking in almost everything. Good difficulty level, learning curve, level design, boss design, etc. It was a step back in all aspects.

Um, what? This seems very unlikely. Where's this coming from anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom