• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Officially delayed - No new date, "aiming for Q1 2016"

I still don't quite understand why they felt the need to delay the announcement of the delay till Gamescom.

Straight from the horse mouth.

The reason why we are only talking about this now, is that Inafune-san felt it was important for fans to hear the message directly from him as he is the project lead and he feels responsible for the delay.

Gamescom 2015 was an opportunity to not only do that, but also give official word to the media so as to try to cut down on any miscommunication or misunderstandings.

I think is BS and is he implying Inafune will apologize personally?.

RK128

Also don't forget the Red Ash pitch

1438774298730tqqmz.jpg

....This makes the delay of Mighty No. 9 all the more annoying; if the man leading the project is so confident that his game is essentially complete and ready to launch, then why delay the game to next year?

You know, I'm starting to think that the animated show for Mighty No. 9 is launching early next year (same with the live-action film), so Inafune might want to pair the games launch with those launching as well, giving the game more exposure and a shot at greater retail success.

Not a bad move, but still a shady one nonetheless :(.

You think they should use the extra 3 months to totally redo the graphics?

Frankly, they should have overhauled the graphics from a much earlier point in development after the fan backlash for sales reasons.

There's little that's more criminal in the games industry than releasing an ugly game.

Are the movie and the show and all that still happening? Because I really don't think this IP has that kind of following anymore

I think you're being a bit naive, not optimistic lol

It's not about communication issues. It's about concealing information to not harm their next pitch. Saying that MN9 was delayed while asking for more money would hurt their chances of getting more money.

Oh, I know. I guess I just want to hope for the best, but clearly it's about shadiness.

Straight from the horse mouth.

I think is BS and is he implying Inafune will apologize personally?.

Yeah, I read the backer email. It's still incredibly dumb in this age of instant communication.

nynt9

It'll be fun when Bloodstained finally shows up with 2.5D graphics and gets delayed.

They were clear from day 1 that Bloodstained would have 2.5D graphics. But nice "bloodstained too!" to deflect the hilarious failings of Inafune.

Edit: We've even seen Bloodstained pre-alpha gameplay and it's already closer to its concept art than MN9 ever will be, and they will work to improve the shaders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-NF6SJxps

Hopefully, Capcom takes advantage of the situation for their "reboot" of the Megaman franchise and give us not only a new Megaman game, but a good Megaman game.

Just imagine them announcing a new Megaman coming around the same time as MN9.
Inafune's pedigree is the only thing he has left for a lot of people and with this, he would be finished.

Not that I don't want to see this game. I was really excited about it when it was announced and during the KS.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd kinda hoped they were delaying it to improve the visuals... not fix the online nonsense that probably didn't need to be made in the first place.

I'd kinda hoped they were delaying it to improve the visuals... not fix the online nonsense that probably didn't need to be made in the first place.

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. If they're gonna delay it, might as well do it for something worthwhile.

I'll probably end up playing this at some point, but I'm really not pumped about this as I thought I'd be (or when the KS originally started). Oh well.

The online features include co-op and a versus race mode, both which were stretch goals. They better be working in the first place since that's what we paid for.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
This would be such a good time for Capcom to announce a new Megaman game, if they want to be really petty and slap Inafune in the face.

I've been hoping for Capcom to do this since the campaign started. I'm betting that Mega Man fans would drop Inafune and MN9 like a bad habit if Capcom managed to release a quality MM game.

Crocodile

Here's a link (screencap for non-backers) to them saying they were too busy running the Red Ash Kickstarter to tell us about the delay.

e3uw9wwxpqfd.jpg

Yeah............this is kind of bullshit for all the reasons already stated :/

I've been hoping for Capcom to do this since the campaign started. I'm betting that Mega Man fans would drop Inafune and MN9 like a bad habit if Capcom managed to release a quality MM game.

Has anyone other than Inticreates (the people who developed MN9) made any recent Mega Man games? When was the last Mega Man game not made by them? Does Capcom even have an internal team that could do it? Who would they farm it out too?

We already know how Bloodstained looks like

Also Iga is used to micromanaging budgets and getting games released in a timely manner which is why unlike MN9 he didn't promise Bloodstained was coming out summer of the following year

Wasn't the delivery date always supposed to be Spring/April 2015?

Soundwavex7

Neo Member
Im not mad about the delay, Im more pissed about the shady nature and mishandling of information. To hear the delay from game informer and not from the direct source is embarrassing, not to mention that the company is looking at another project. Seriously the backer updates are a joke at this point. Posting concept art or VA dialogue isnt going to cut it.

Has anyone other than Inticreates (the people who developed MN9) made any recent Mega Man games? When was the last Mega Man game not made by them? Does Capcom even have an internal team that could do it? Who would they farm it out too?

Legends 3 and Universe were being developed in-house, while Rockman Online was being done by Neowiz Games in Korea. Of course, all three were canceled.

The last main non-Inti Mega Man game (that wasn't a mobile runner or puzzler or whatever) was Rockman Xover, which was also mobile. So if you want an idea of what modern Capcom is capable of in regards to Mega Man, there you go.

I don't have a horse in this race, so I've just been observing all this news with morbid amusement. I would lol so hard if Capcom beat Inafune to the store shelves with a quality Mega Man game.

Sorry backers. You deserve better though.

Whizkid7

The online bits were stretch goals. They chose to make them stretch goals, and we gave them the money to do them.

Speaking as a backer, everything damn well better be there and functional when the game releases considering the money we put in for it.

I guess it made sense why they didn't wait till MN9 came out for the Red Ash Kickstarter. Pretty shady, seems indefensible to me.
Delaying it had to be for some reason. Likely it's not finished or just bad at some parts so maybe they were hoping the positive e3 impressions were enough to convince backers to fund Red Ash.
Delays are good when needed, better that than a mediocre product, but they should've revealed it a long time ago. Really easy way to lose your good will especially since you've been living off good will since you left Capcom

Maedhros

They were clear from day 1 that Bloodstained would have 2.5D graphics. But nice "bloodstained too!" to deflect the hilarious failings of Inafune.

Edit: We've even seen Bloodstained pre-alpha gameplay and it's already closer to its concept art than MN9 ever will be, and they will work to improve the shaders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-NF6SJxps

I thought 2.5 graphics was already confirmed for that game.

Edit: Beaten

We already know how Bloodstained looks like

Also Iga is used to micromanaging budgets and getting games released in a timely manner which is why unlike MN9 he didn't promise Bloodstained was coming out summer of the following year

We still need to see it in a direct feed video. It looks good from that distance, I agree.

Also, MN9, since DAY 1, was confirmed as 2.5D game.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member

Let's be real: Mega Man games (at least Classic-style games) aren't particularly complex. Any developer with an eye for platformer level design can pull it off.

Hell, I don't really like WayFoward, but I feel like they could put out something that at least matches what I've seen of MN9's level design.

meanspartan

I love how Kickstarter is giving backers a taste of what "Evil Publishers" feel like (well, without the resulting profit of a good release), especially when they have to deal with developers who become black holes for money.

Sure, there are some BAD publishers, but people always side with the developers and creatives by default any time there is a dispute. This is showing why Publishers have to be mean and crack the whip sometimes.

SpoonyGundam

Neo Member

Farm it out to Inti again. There's no reason not to, and it would be hilarious.

nded

It's hilarious to me that Inafune was already trying to get a multimedia franchise going with a cartoon, a movie and even a spinoff before the damn game is even released. People just wanted a game where a little robot man jumps and shoots and this is what happens.

so are people finally ready to acknowledge Inafune was the villain of the Capcom story all along?

well

more like he was just as much a bad part of it as the rest of them :p

Top Bottom