• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9: Work-in-Progress Gameplay Footage

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Outside of the animations and camera movement, can't say anything else is grabbing me from that gameplay.

Zynx

Yay, air dashes!

Hmm, 10 seconds into the video, after a jump, a shot angles down towards the enemy still on the ground - is this automatic or a special input?

Also, seems that absorbing the remains of various enemies gives 1-2 second buffs or something. Wonder if score is useful for anything, or if there's any currency to buy upgrades or whatever.

zeioIIDX

I know this isn't Mega Man but many consider it a spiritual successor to the series...and I've always had the opinion that the music of Mega Man is just as important as the gameplay and overall aesthetic to the overall presentation and feel of the series. And the music I heard in this teaser sounds great and fits the spirit of that! I left a comment on the video saying the feel of the music was like a mix between Mega Man 8 and X4. The gameplay looks great too, can't wait to play.

SnakeEyez

looks good, but I hope they change Beck's design a little. He seems so small and puny. Not a big deal to me but could look better.

I like that backwards half jump into down-angle shot at like 9 seconds in. Music is a great start. Still not sure how the dash isn't going to trivialize things, but we'll see. The dash trivialized a lot in the X series, but I don't usually hear a lot of complaints about that.

Run animation doesn't bother me half as much as there being no wall jump :p

I love the 3D views on the monitors in the ice boss room around 1:13.

Graphics do look like a cheap indie game so far, especially with the kinda flat lighting, but we'll see where they go with that. I backed this for how I hoped it would play, not how it looked.

Lonnie413

Looks good but he like flails his limbs around as he runs or something. Just takes me out of it, but I'm weird like that.

Watched again and it doesn't really look that bad, just being critical I guess.

CTLance

That looks fun, albeit a tiny bit unpolished (small wonder, it's still WIP). Glad my monies we're put to good use so far. Looking forward to the final game.

nbthedude

I don't know why everyone is so excited.

These guys hired a girl. And not only that, a girl that thinks women should be treated equally.

They betrayed us all.

Top Bottom