• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo |OT| A new way of COMMUnication

Nightbird

Can't we just theoretically save our Miitomo saves to the cloud once MyNintendo launches, and from there on continue on the official app?

akileese

I just realized if I link my FB and Twitter with this app, it might cause issues when I do it with the English localized version and my English Nintendo account.

Akua

Banned
Mine is @Gnarsie. The game is great so far!

Edit: I would prefer if you only add me if you already have the game.

Westraid

20160317133119qir7d.png
Feel free to add me, @Westraid.
I'll tell you all about my exciting life.

2e3ef6d22dc96521

It's pretty fun.
My Twitter is @okaboutit

Edit: tho my tweets are a lot of k-pop which will probably seem confusing since I don't really have gaming followers

I'll repost what I posted in the other thread so far:

Played around with this for a bit, it's a well made app with a lot of charm, as expected from Nintendo. Also runs as smooth as butter on my nearly 3 year old iPhone 5s which is nice.

Though it does have the usual bugbears expected from big publisher apps on the platform - stuff like in-app updates instead of those issued by the App Store, a dependency on Nintendo/DeNA's server (it can't really be realistically used offline, instead you get kicked to a communications screen if don't have a connection when you launch the app or resume it from a task switcher on both iOS and Android.

So you can't compose draft answers or browse the app when offline - not ideal if you're travelling. But it *does* still function if you lose connection while you're in the app -- much better than most mobile games dependent on server connections.

Also, seeing Nintendo's achievement system (My Nintendo Missions) pop up as these motivators for My Nintendo points is a bit saddening. It's an admission that Nintendo has to "embrace" business science as game design as that's what the average person is engaged by. Real shame.

The game is practically region free. If your Nintendo Account is set to Japan, the game shows Japan-specific content (like the Miifoto contest), but it's all in English.

You can change the country setting on your Nintendo Account and this will reflect in-game. So game content isn't tied to region, and regional content is independent from the language of the game and the accents of your Miis -- those are likely determined by the first connection to the Miitomo servers or your phone's language settings.

Elija2

Does this app automatically tweet on your behalf when you link it to your Twitter? I'd rather it not spam garbage to my precious 39 followers.

Dystify

In-app Products
$0.99 - $74.99 per item

$75 dayum?!

All you can buy are coins. The biggest option is the one for $75.

Does this app automatically tweet on your behalf when you link it to your Twitter? I'd rather it not spam garbage to my precious 39 followers.

You can tweet using Miitomo, but it will not tweet by itself. It's all in your hands.

Atomski

I'm American but currently am living in Thailand. Will I be able to download this when it's released world wide? I don't think thailand is a supported country.

georly

2e3ef6d22dc96521

It's pretty fun.
My Twitter is @okaboutit

Edit: tho my tweets are a lot of k-pop which will probably seem confusing since I don't really have gaming followers

Can you just put in any picture as the background? Because it'd be amazing if that was a preset picture.

Peltz

The UI is so "Nintendo" it makes my head spin.

It has the unmistakeable feeling of a real Nintendo game despite being on a cell phone.

You could tell this is from one of their main studios and not farmed out.

I don't have a Twitter account, should I make one to get the most enjoyment out of this game?

Pyrokai

I don't have the JP version but I will get this as soon as it comes out in NA.

Here is my Twitter handle: @Zyrokai

Galava

This is good, a much better way to share Miis with gaffers than with twitter handles.
edit: Aw crap, you can't add people with QR codes? It's just for scanning in your own Miis appearance...

You can't add friends with this I believe, this is just to share the Mii.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your edit xD

They really only want you to add people you know in real life, so you can only add FB friends, people you follow AND who follow you on Twitter and people nearby. I think it makes sense, but it could be annoying for some people.

Just tried it out briefly, I love that the photo to Mii conversion just keeps throwing different faces at you. I burst out laughing when I saw some of them, which didn't exactly improve the next few faces.

Gsnap

I could see this really reaching peak potential once more new games come out and the new consoles. Having them all go through my nintendo/account, constantly getting points just for naturally doing what you would do anyway (buying and playing games), things constantly changing, maybe the app gets updated with more stuff, more people jumping on board in the future, etc.

akileese

Here's my QR code since I'm not attaching my social media to this one.

e: Ah hell you can't even add people that way. Obnoxious.

Top Bottom