• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Hubb

Question. Is energy used for anything other than recruiting and regaining stamina? I'm in chap 5 and have five energy, wondering if I should just try to recruit.

As of right now, no energy is not used for anything but those 2 things. In the future who knows.

does anyone know what stylus can work on cellphones?

sometimes i miss certain paths as i try to loop de loop around my other characters on grid but my fingers block the view.

EDIT: Bought 15 energy bars for $10. 1st and last time. i got a B class Zenzoze. Not sure how happy i feel getting B characters after spending real money BUT oh well. i want to support mistwalker given i have enjoyed what i've played so far and will dedicate some more time to it.

Question. Is energy used for anything other than recruiting and regaining stamina? I'm in chap 5 and have five energy, wondering if I should just try to recruit.
It is also used in case of a game over if you want to continue at the same point with all of your squad characters revived. I know I did in the Chapter 4 boss. :p

SirKhalid

EDIT: Bought 15 energy bars for $10. 1st and last time. i got a B class Zenzoze. Not sure how happy i feel getting B characters after spending real money BUT oh well. i want to support mistwalker given i have enjoyed what i've played so far and will dedicate some more time to it.

I thought the number of energy for $ looks weird in my energy shop. But I guess they lower the amount of energies for Canadian dollar. It's 14 energy for $10 for me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It is also used in case of a game over if you want to continue at the same point with all of your squad characters revived. I know I did in the Chapter 4 boss. :p
Thanks, totally forgot about that. Guess I know now how I will beat that boss in chapter 5 I've been struggling with.

I don't know why I forgot you could game over in this and use stones/energy to continue. I think it may be, because of the 3 healers in my party, I can't even begin to die so the thought never crossed my mind.

If I had to redo the entire ranking system so not to piss off people when recruiting, I'd merge all B, A and S into a single A rank, and the few SS into S ranks.

You wouldn't have people not wanting As and Bs over S and SS so much.

Nocturn

Neo Member
I'm actually surprised how much I am liking this game. I usually don't like these type of stamina games in general but this one has me sort of hooked. Its perfect for when I am on break at work or laying in bed with nothing to do. I guess its that Sakaguchi and Nobuo magic that got me haha.

bakeray

Maybe add in what genre this game is and some other details about how it actually plays in the OP? I figured it was some sort of strategy/RPG based game based on the studio and downloaded it but came out of the OP with no real idea of what I was getting myself into.

Visceir

As I previously stated already I ended up quite liking that character, wouldn't mind having it on my team. His Shadow Strike seemed quite good, looks badass too.

I died for the first time at the 7-10 boss battle and then again once in 8-2, enemies are getting tougher and need to start paying more attention. Would love to get Grace's second job to lvl 15 to get her area damage skill; should have that in 2 more Metal zone visits.

Once I beat chapter 8 and get the next daily bonus I'll be able to get another new character.

As I previously stated already I ended up quite liking that character, wouldn't mind having it on my team. His Shadow Strike seemed quite good, looks badass too.

I died for the first time at the 7-10 boss battle and then again once in 8-2, enemies are getting tougher and need to start paying more attention. Would love to get Grace's second job to lvl 15 to get her area damage skill; should have that in 2 more Metal zone visits.

Once I beat chapter 8 and get the next daily bonus I'll be able to get another new character.

i just noticed he is shadow based, its nice to have some varied elementals.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
One thing that bothers me is that the mails for consecutive logins don't seem to come immediately (or maybe it's just set to turn over past a certain time in a specific time zone or something?)

Anywho, really liking the game. I rerolled till I got my SS--it was Amina the Nurse. Not exactly the character I wanted but she basically makes me invincible as long as shes included in an attack. Right now I have 2 healers though and I need a mage badly. Not ready to spend any money yet but getting awfully close...

Visceir

Anywho, really liking the game. I rerolled till I got my SS--it was Amina the Nurse. Not exactly the character I wanted but she basically makes me invincible as long as shes included in an attack. Right now I have 2 healers though and I need a mage badly. Not ready to spend any money yet but getting awfully close...

It's why after deciding I really like the game I decided to ditch my previous SS character and reroll again until I got a mage. I'm planning to stick with the game for a while and wanted an ideal start. If I had to imagine all those rerolls I did costing me 5 energy...that'd be insane, it's much easier to just work your way back up to which ever chapter you were at.

I read a post on another forum where a guy spent ~100$ on the game and got Amina over and over again 3 - 4 times.

Narras

It's fun figuring out where to position everyone vertically/horizontally to get the best combo going. I think playing Puzzle and Dragons has helped me on moving my characters around, as well. :)

Also, I wasn't sure what Levitation was useful for until I got to Chapter 4. Hooray for Levitation!

Just beat Chapter 4, and I must say that I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I had expected to. Finally unlocked a new job for Grace, too. Most of my characters are A or B rank (and I even had a D rank that could cast Regen in there for a while) and haven't had any trouble yet, thankfully.

Takuan

Rerolled and got Koko (SS) & Kana (A). I think I'll keep trying until I get two characters I like. Maybe I'll manage two SS characters?

Hubb

Spent 20 stamina before realizing that metal zones have a level cap.

If you are level 19 (or whatever the level before the cap is for the different zones) you can still go over the level cap. I didn't realize there was a cap at first either since I had a character hit level 21/22 after doing it a few times.

Hastati

I hope they add something like visual novel vignettes similar to the FE Awakening Paralogues that occur between characters as you unlock them/level them up/use them together in battle. The background to this game has enough going on that a little bit of character development would really draw you into the world.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Chapter 6 felt like a grind to me. I had a lot of trouble with the
spider boss that respawns the spider worker bots.

Boom...

screenshot_2014-10-1246ut6.png

Neol

So should I just be saving my gold for job classes since recruiting from the pact of Fellowship is kinda useless in a sense?

Neo Dark

Chapter 9's final boss sucks when you don't know it's pattern at first. And to make it worse I accidentally used an energy as a continue for that battle. I beat it but still.. I would have gotten my fifth energy for another recruit.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YES

I just got Rikken, an SS class archer, on my first try in the tavern recruit.

Also I got through a lot of chapter 5 with that circle tip someone mentioned earlier. Thanks whoever that was!

zulux21

I am sure this was posted somewhere in the thread but I don't see it in the OP so..

Enter this dhth66nWXVCbjdTC in Options, Enter Gift Code.
will net you 5 energy.

that being said how recommended is it to reroll if after completing the tutorial and rolling for two more characters you have a single A and the rest are B or lower? (aka I am just starting this game that code was taken from CAG)

So, it seems it's possible to squeeze in one extra session in the Metal Zone as long as you're at the Start Battle screen before it closes. I just left my game there and then came back once I had 10 stamina, and was still able to start it.

Just cleared chapter 7 and that last boss nearly had me. Much more of a pain to deal with than the spider boss thanks to it's high damage output. Finishing that gave me one more energy so I rolled and got an A class Samupi who looks quite good.

Noaloha

For those who still don't have the game in their Google Play store -

• Go here and download the .apk and the .obb.
  • You'll need an apk installer for your phone. I use one that's, neatly enough, called 'APK Installer'. Search the Play Store and install the program.
  • Connect your phone to your PC.
  • Transfer the .apk to a 'holding' folder on your phone (I dumped it in <Download>).
  • Go to Android/Obb and create a new folder called 'com.mistwalker.guardians'. Transfer the obb. file into this. (If you intend to install the game on an SD card instead of main memory, I think you use the folder SD/Android/Obb..? Don't know. I don't have an SD card on my phone, so not sure how it presents itself.
  • Open your APK Installer, navigate to wherever you're holding the apk. and install.

This worked for me in Sweden (unavailable) and I've been happily playing since launch day.

Two things to note:
  1. I'm not sure what will happen when the game has a version update, but I'm assuming it'll either be a case of finding just the new .apk and reinstalling, or perhaps you'll need the obb. also. Shouldn't be a problem though, I go through a similar process updating my Puzzle&Dragons. Been playing that for a year through at least half a dozen version updates (though doesn't have all the .obb crap). Don't hold me to any of this though.
  2. Once the game is officially released in your Google Play Store, I think you should be fine to install the game officially (important for the 2mil users goal!) and do a Data Transfer (in-game options) to carry your progress over. Again, I'm as unfamiliar with the process as you are, so try not to hate me if it turns out that things aren't this simple.

Timeaisis

I guess I like this game...?

Two things:
1. Why can I only move one unit per turn? I don't get the point of the timer if that's the case.
2. Why can I only attack when I have two units on either side of an enemy.

The game seems fun, but the battle mechanics are poorly explained.

Riposte

Two things:
1. Why can I only live one unit per turn? I don't get the point of the timer if that's the case.

The timer prevents you from manipulating your other units indefinitely (as in, when you pass over them and they move).

Overall, I don't understand your problem with the game's mechanics; that's just how the it works and what the tactics get based on.

Timeaisis

The timer prevents you from manipulating your other units indefinitely (as in, when you pass over them and they move).

Overall, I don't understand your problem with the game's mechanics; that's just how the it works and what the tactics get based on.

Sure, but the turn always ends when I move one character. So I can only move one a turn...seems kind of useless in larger battles.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

SkyOdin

Two things:
1. Why can I only move one unit per turn? I don't get the point of the timer if that's the case.

Those are the rules of the game. Might as well ask why a pawn in chess can only move one space a turn and only attack diagonally. In this particular case, those rules exist to add strategy to the game and make attacking require some planning.

The timer exists because otherwise you could reposition your entire force freely with each move, since you can use the one piece to reposition other pieces by moving over them. As it is, it is still possible to make some significant changes to your formation within that short time-frame. I've so far been aiming at moving at least two or three units with each move.

Sure, but the turn always ends when I move one character. So I can only move one a turn...seems kind of useless in larger battles.

It's pretty awesome when you get the hang of it because even though you control one, you can move other units by passing through their icon with the one you are dragging. So if you played Puzzals and Dragons it's a similar concept except you are position your units to attack and avoid damage (which there is a lot of in later chapters). Even if you are not set up to flank an enemy, if you are quick enough, you can do loops around a character to move them across the whole board, then place your dragging character down for a flank. It's also really important for chaining your attacks and chaining heals, since the healer seems to mostly target those closest in his chain.

When you move your character over another that characters move one square. If you're quick you can move another tile 4-5 spaces as well and can set up attacks. It's a key mechanic that helps you to position characters for attacks.

Top Bottom