• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

I've been playing it for 2 days and I absolutely love it so far (I mean, compared to other mobile games).
The art is great, the music too and the gameplay is more awesome than I could have imagined.

Do we know if there will be events with increased drop rates in the tavern? (like the Godfests in PAD or 10+1 SR in Love Live)
I still haven't used any of my energies, I don't want to "waste" them. :p

I've been hovering over the energy shop for the past 10 mins.

I have a personal promise to not cave into F2P antics or mobile traps. it's a matter of principle. but i also want to support mistwalker. what a conundrum i find myself in.

i think i'll just get the $10 option for 3 characters and 2 left over energy bars. a one time payment. I'll stick with whatever i get and anything bonus will have to come through regular gameplay. i won't let myself get dragged into the mobile pay business. but i still will support the game since i have been having fun with it. and it is well made.

man, sakaguchi knows how to tug my old ff playing strings!

jwhit28

I'm on Chp 5-10 and want to continue on but it feels like such a waste to beat a chapter when I have full stamina. I guess I'll wait for Metal Zone to open back up.

Do we know if there will be events with increased drop rates in the tavern? (like the Godfests in PAD or 10+1 SR in Love Live)
I still haven't used any of my energies, I don't want to "waste" them. :p
This keeps getting asked, but it would be way too early for them to do anything like this.

There's a lack of characters overall if you check the entire list.

Reveirg

Download starter is progressing nicely... went from 120k to 270k since yesterday o_O.

I wonder if they're gonna reach 2 millions, and if they'll really make a console RPG then, hmmm...

Takuan

I got an A and SS earlier today and started playing with them. Not a huge fan.

Too bad we can't trade, because I'm sure one of you guys would want the SS just for the art (I don't know her name but she's an arrow beastwoman chick).

Longsword

Download starter is progressing nicely... went from 120k to 270k since yesterday o_O.

I wonder if they're gonna reach 2 millions, and if they'll really make a console RPG then, hmmm...

If Mistwalker did not keep their promise it would hurt their rep badly. But if they get 2M, they should be able to affotd it baded on their monetization.

I've been hovering over the energy shop for the past 10 mins.

I have a personal promise to not cave into F2P antics or mobile traps. it's a matter of principle. but i also want to support mistwalker. what a conundrum i find myself in.

i think i'll just get the $10 option for 3 characters and 2 left over energy bars. a one time payment. I'll stick with whatever i get and anything bonus will have to come through regular gameplay. i won't let myself get dragged into the mobile pay business. but i still will support the game since i have been having fun with it. and it is well made.

man, sakaguchi knows how to tug my old ff playing strings!

I am in the same boat. I loathe most F2P games and mechanics but I just bought $4.99 worth of energy. Treating it as a one time payment for the game. Already have played 3-4 hrs and really enjoyed it so far so figured what the heck.

jwhit28

I wonder how many downloads are iOS users deleting and redownloading to reroll.

This keeps getting asked, but it would be way too early for them to do anything like this.

There's a lack of characters overall if you check the entire list.
Oops, sorry if it had already been asked multiple times.
Hmm... I guess I'll save up for now, unless I feel like a better hero could help me progress. For now, it's going smoothly.

Longsword

I wonder how many downloads are iOS users deleting and redownloading to reroll.

I don't think those count, otherwise everyone would be no. 1 top download charts with hundreds of millions of downloads.

I believe they count device IDs for these.

EDIT: checked it. They indeed count User IDs, so one install per user even if it is on multiple devices within same ecosystem.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man, I just got bodied in chapter 5 by those breath dragons that only have 1 turn until they act.

Haha happened to me as well, these mofos really start throwing all kinds of shit at you characters from this point on - poison, sleep, bombs etc.

Just entered chapter 6 and so far its been a really enjoyable and balanced experience. Lets see how it continues, i just hope i get another strong ice mage or spear unit soon.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Man, I just got bodied in chapter 5 by those breath dragons that only have 1 turn until they act.

Make sure you do the metal zone when you can. If you get higher level characters with more HP then can power through some of the aoe magic/poison vs having to be extra cautious.

SS on first buy
c7sJ1mR.jpg

Azusa

The last battle in Chapter 10 is hard. I can't kill that boss and I have tried 4 times already. His Devour Time skill is so annoying. He casts this on second turn and it lasts 4 turns, then he renews it. And when he has about 25-30% HP left he uses Turn Back Time with countdown (4 turns I think) and I have to nuke him before he casts it, but my party is almost wiped at that moment :(

forgrim

so far the boss design has really gotten to me, its all very unique. most of aoes, but all of them seem to have something unique (calling adds every other turn so it becomes a test in time to kill them all, or kill the boss to stop the flow of mobs, the time boss, etc.)

i'm taking it slow tho, when does metal zone 2 open up (after what chapter?) all my characters are mid 20's now

Barrage

On my 3rd re-roll now because I got stuck on the last Chapter 4th Boss. Man, do I miss my dude with Ice AOE. :(. Also, looks like this re-roll train might have an end date. Read on Penny-Arcade's Terra Battle write-up if you download the game after November 3rd, the Healer is not guaranteed in your first two characters.

SirKhalid

At what chapter do you unlock the next hunting ground?

After chapter 9.

so far the boss design has really gotten to me, its all very unique. most of aoes, but all of them seem to have something unique (calling adds every other turn so it becomes a test in time to kill them all, or kill the boss to stop the flow of mobs, the time boss, etc.)

i'm taking it slow tho, when does metal zone 2 open up (after what chapter?) all my characters are mid 20's now
After chapter 8.

forgrim

On my 3rd re-roll now because I got stuck on the last Chapter 4th Boss. Man, do I miss my dude with Ice AOE. :(. Also, looks like this re-roll train might have an end date. Read on Penny-Arcade's Terra Battle write-up if you download the game after November 3rd, the Healer is not guaranteed in your first two characters.

yeah its in the in game notes too. honestly, as long as you get any SS/S character to start off with, you are already waaaaaay ahead of the pack. I believe a SS/S character has approximately 5% drop (i rerolled like 30 times, with 2 attempts at a time, and pulled a rikken, zerro, yukken, and amina). Decided to start the game with a zerro + daiyana (A Mage) and haven't had a terrible time in game (chapter 8)

edit: thanks sirkhalid, so i'll be unlocking it very very soon

ErichWK

This is the first f2p cell phone game that has hooked me. How many chapters are there. I am about to finish the fourth

Visceir

yeah its in the in game notes too. honestly, as long as you get any SS/S character to start off with, you are already waaaaaay ahead of the pack. I believe a SS/S character has approximately 5% drop (i rerolled like 30 times, with 2 attempts at a time, and pulled a rikken, zerro, yukken, and amina). Decided to start the game with a zerro + daiyana (A Mage) and haven't had a terrible time in game (chapter 8)

edit: thanks sirkhalid, so i'll be unlocking it very very soon

I'd argue that class and skills matter way more than rank. My first SS character was a spear user with no active skills. It wasn't very fun to play and the character wasn't all too useful.

Later on in that playthrough I got a B rank character named Zenzoze that had an active skill that went off 80% of the time, that character was much more fun and useful to me.

Mages seem to still beat everything else though -- I'd suggest trying to roll a mage with area spells, doesn't matter if A, S or SS.

Lower rank characters actually level up faster and usually have similar skills.

RDreamer

Loving the game a ton and so is my girlfriend. The battle system feels so nice and perfect on a mobile touch screen. Perfect to pull out when you have a couple minutes. We're hoping co op happens!

I'm in chapter 4 and haven't felt the need to buy anything yet, so that's cool, though I might just to give em some money for my fun.

Longsword

Loving the game a ton and so is my girlfriend. The battle system feels so nice and perfect on a mobile touch screen. Perfect to pull out when you have a couple minutes. We're hoping co op happens!

I'm in chapter 4 and haven't felt the need to buy anything yet, so that's cool, though I might just to give em some money for my fun.

I want Co-op too. We need 430K more downloads to get it. Better spread the word!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Rank might only be about rarity. Right now, I don't feel like there is a big difference in power between SS and B.

Higher ranks probably have better skills, SS also seem to level slower than B.

cw_sasuke

What's the strategy in chapter 6, stage 5 biss batte. These shitty little minions keeps respawning. Died 2 times, with the boss having still around a 1/5 of its Energy.

It's getting tougher.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work for me.

Site says something about being out of "quota".
I installed the chrome extensions but it just says "Can't download this app".
Weird, always works for me

What's the strategy in chapter 6, stage 5 biss batte. These shitty little minions keeps respawning. Died 2 times, with the boss having still around a 1/5 of its Energy.

It's getting tougher.

Weird, always works for me

I had two people attacking it with a healer going either side keeping them alive. It took a bit longer than other boss battles but it worked.

cw_sasuke

I had two people attacking it with a healer going either side keeping them alive. It took a bit longer than other boss battles but it worked.

That might be it, i need to add a second healer - i had a D class healer i kicked out the team 3 chapters ago.

btw. This just made me realize how bad the experience would be if you would start the game without a healer class.

That might be it, i need to add a second healer - i had a D class healer i kicked out the team 3 chapters ago.

btw. This just made me realize how bad the experience would be if you would start the game without a healer class.

I would say that a healerbis helpful more so from chapter 6 onwards. It's definitely good to start with one and get them levelled.

Visceir

That's the spider boss, right?

I did the same strategy. The minions don't really deal any damage, just place your characters 1 tile away from the boss on either side and wait until the minions align up for the attack.

I quite like how inventive the boss battles are.

I'm currently in chapter 7, everything is fire/lava and my SS ice mage is tearing monsters apart, love it.

AwShucks

Question. Is energy used for anything other than recruiting and regaining stamina? I'm in chap 5 and have five energy, wondering if I should just try to recruit.

iavi

This game just oozes polish.

The battles require WAY more depth than I thought they would initially. Love the presentation. And the OST is ridiculously good.

Go go go downloads

Question. Is energy used for anything other than recruiting and regaining stamina? I'm in chap 5 and have five energy, wondering if I should just try to recruit.

i'd say get a new character. unless you absolutely need to beat the chapter then and there,stamina can wait since it regens passively but energy doesnt

Top Bottom