• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

SirKhalid

I just started playing again and I'm glad that they removed the 1000 gold cost from the metal zone.

Eileen is also pretty useful. She make the enemy that always run when you are near them in the metal zone fall asleep.

Eileen.png

Uthred

Eventually got two SS on my second phone account, the SS healers feel much less useful than a "basic" attacker at the early levels. Seems the fourth dungeon is the first one where you wont have enough stamina to complete it in one sitting. While tieing stamina to dungeon completion rather than experience will be less grindy than, say, P&D in the long term, in the short term, I just want to play!

Edit: Just thinking, the data transfer ability makes trading accounts a) a possibility and b) easy enough. Handy way for compulsive re-rollers to either save (you can also just copy the savedata.bin's) or giveaway decent rolls that they didnt use.

man so many sexy character designs. such a waste to leave them as stills!

imma promote this to my friends to get a console version!

orioto

Good Art™
So, i understood some things.

I finally got the item for my second main character job as a result of beating the 4th chapter boss. So i guess those jobs are linear and given to you with storyline progress ?

Also i killed the metal zone buuuuut level 20 cap ?? Even after the job upgrade...

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Im glad you are all enjoying it! It's been great to work on the title and see it launch to the excellent impressions thus far.

SirKhalid

So, i understood some things.

I finally got the item for my second main character job as a result of beating the 4th chapter boss. So i guess those jobs are linear and given to you with storyline progress ?

Also i killed the metal zone buuuuut level 20 cap ?? Even after the job upgrade...

After chapter 9, you unlock metal zone 2 with level 30 cap.

Raika

Rerolled a few times and got this guy.

1c3Q1HT.png

I have no idea what I'm doing, is there some sort of efficient technique/formation to kill things? There was once when an entire floor of metal zone monsters managed to escape from me, it was terrible. :(

Nohar

Got Eileen too. So far no S or SS, but I'm doing fine (3rd chapter). Not sure this is going to last though.

Also got Kana just now:

Not that much useful early on, but as soon as she can paralyse enemies, I think I'm going to like her.

Some parts of the songs are highly reminiscent (if not downright identical) to some FF battle themes. The "Boss" theme has a part at the beginning which is the same as the FF9 boss battle theme (also some FF5 notes at some point).

AwShucks

Not really sure how it's annoying considering it will be free based on the number on free downloads of this game.

Because I want it now? And if they don't get 900k then they won't release something that takes less work than all the new things they are making at the earlier goals.

mjc

So what's the trick for rerolling? Every time I delete and restart it I get the same two B characters...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So what's the trick for rerolling? Every time I delete and restart it I get the same two B characters...

Those are story characters, you need to finish all the tutorial mission to recruit new ones.

SWKwong

Neo Member
Anyone getting lag when they move units? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and usually close tabs if I don't use the app. It's really bugging me.

Noaloha

Oops.

Those two characters are not what the 'reroll' advice is for. You'll get them as part of the tutorial and they help flesh out your team to the full six. After you complete Chapter 1 you'll receive a message from the Admin (Main -> Messages). In it will be 5x Energy. Use that energy, plus the the 5x Energy from the gift code mentioned above (redeem in the options) to roll twice on the Pact Of Truth (Tavern -> Recruit). This is the premium 'egg machine' which will spit out monsters from crap to awesome. Check your two rolls and then decide whether you want to keep them.

Kitoro

I'm already at Chapter 9, and I'm still missing tons of the items I need to unlock new classes.

I've tried the event quests for items, but at best from those I get one measly item per go. Seems like a waste right now.

Any advice appreciated!

jwhit28

I'm already at Chapter 9, and I'm sti missing tons of the items I need to unlock new classes.

I've tried the event quests for items, but at best from those I get one measly item per go. Seems like a waste right now.

Any advice appreciated!

Has every type of item dungeon even been up yet? I know they are based on the days of the week. I do pretty good with the puppet and pudding ones, usually like 5-6 items. The coin dungeon that is up today only gives me about a thousand each time.

My advice is just make sure you are abusing weaknesses. They list them when you select the dungeon on the map.

I had a couple of goes at the Metal Zone earlier and barely killed anything. Is there a decent strategy for it aside from just creeping up on the things one grid square at a time?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I had a couple of goes at the Metal Zone earlier and barely killed anything. Is there a decent strategy for it aside from just creeping up on the things one grid square at a time?

Try and use the move where you slide over your character over another so you can get two characters in position in one move.

TheChaos0

Well, after spending 20 minutes on the game, I like it better than say PnD. The game feels like it actually has a soul. Grid strategy gameplay is ultimately more interesting than playing bejeweled. Some great art and music, especially that haunting menu tune.

anaron

Because I want it now? And if they don't get 900k then they won't release something that takes less work than all the new things they are making at the earlier goals.
Eh, they need to give incentives and I think a free download of an entire ost is a pretty good one.

jwhit28

What does the growth rate of these types of games usually look like? Is there a graph that shows how much games like Puzzles and Dragons or Brave Frontier were downloaded their first week or first month? Is 120k in 2 days good?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Longsword

Damn 2 mil! Tough goal to reach.

I do not think this will prove to be too difficult. TB got 120K downloads on day 1, with only a limited global launch. The mobile userbase is simply so vast that numbers we are used to in the console space matter very little. To give you an idea, Candy Crush has 500 million monthly active users. Terra Battle is of course far more niche, but I can think of dozens of mobile games with more than 10 million downloads off the top of my head.

Go get 2M Terra Battle! I want all the Download Starter goals unlocked. Its a little bit like a meta-game outside the game.

Visceir

Did the metal zone 3 times, gained 50k, 70k and 100k exp. It's like switching on easy mode as I'm breezing through encounters now.

Still kinda tempted to reroll and try for a SS mage. Currently I only have the beginning B class healer and while I'm managing all encounters I don't really care much for any of my character.

Wish there was a more reasonable way to get more characters.

Top Bottom