• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Had to reroll 5 times to get an SS, the second one was an A, but didn't really want to test my luck more times.

Now I can finally start playing the game instead of repeating the tutorial over and over again.

Does this game suffer from the widespread problem in other energy/stamina based games where the more you level up, the more stamina you get, so if you drain all your stamina it can take 40+ hours before you can play the game again unless you buy a refill?

Ducarmel

The regen rate is 5 minutes per stamina point unlike other popular games that are 10 minutes. I think 5 minutes is reasonable for a f2p game, but yeah I guess as you go through more chapters the stamina cost go up and you are waiting for stamina a little longer compared to earlier stages.

Neo Dark

Remember to use your stamina on metal zone or the place where you hunt ingredients if you're on the last part of a chapter since finishing a chapter restores your stamina so it would be a waste if you didn't use that stamina elsewhere.

i think i did something wrong cause i got 4 characters already but never got an option to input codes or register or anything.

or maybe i missed it? i cant choose certain options on the menu bar at the bottom. im goign to assume its a mandatory tutorial section at first where you are told how to play the game and certain features are locked until you are done right?

i got 2 C Level fodder looking knights :s

Wazzy

Banned
How long does metal zone close down for? It's closing in 6 minutes for me and I have to wait for stamina recharge.

When I get payed next week I'm gonna buy some energy crystals to support them and get more recruits.

Anfang

i think i did something wrong cause i got 4 characters already but never got an option to input codes or register or anything.

or maybe i missed it? i cant choose certain options on the menu bar at the bottom. im goign to assume its a mandatory tutorial section at first where you are told how to play the game and certain features are locked until you are done right?

i got 2 C Level fodder looking knights :s

code input is under options,all the way at the button. You have to finish chapter one before it will allow you to do anything.

Yaari

Must have rerolled a good 10 times now but no SS yet. Hopefully it will show up tonight when I try a few more.

Panda Rin

after three re-rolls...

OELG0Cq.jpg
4be8PCi.jpg

i'm pretty happy :)...

orioto

Good Art™
Yeah, it's why I quit. I just don't think these games are for me. I need full control.

Everyone seems to be so concerned with SS characters but i honestly think you don't need them to play the game.. It's like it's becoming an obsession and everyone is focused on that, forgetting what the game is about (strategy)

meow

I only rerolled once and I already don't want to do it again. Except I got A/B both times so I already cleared my data again and I'll try again tonight. I don't know how you guys have the patience to do this over and over again.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
after three re-rolls...

i'm pretty happy :)...

this game is bullshit -_-

Yeah, it's why I quit. I just don't think these games are for me. I need full control.

Everyone seems to be so concerned with SS characters but i honestly think you don't need them to play the game.. It's like it's becoming an obsession and everyone is focused on that, forgetting what the game is about (strategy)

Count me in with the last poster. Never even thought of rerolling till I looked on GAF. I just played with what I was given. Currently at the end of chapter 4, and I am loving the game.

I agree. I just cleared chapter 4 with an S, A, 2 Bs and 2 Cs with no trouble. My S rank character doesn't even attack so it's useless for now lol.

Agreed. I honestly started with C rank classes as my first two and I made it up to chapter 3 with ease

Einbroch

Banned
Like I said, it's a problem with me. I can't let it go. I'm sure I could do just fine without an SS or an S.

But knowing that I am permanently gimped, even if it's not that big of a deal, eats at me. It's just an issue I have.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You got ASS ? Nice....

Yeah, the game just launched there will be more than enough events/freebies to gain better characters in the future. This isnt like Non-IAP Puzlle and Dragons where you need to get a Top Tier God if you wanna get through most of the content.

Yaari

I just like the opportunity. When you do it at a later point, it will cost money to do these rolls. I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference considering the majority of the people will play with lower tier characters.

Remember to use your stamina on metal zone or the place where you hunt ingredients if you're on the last part of a chapter since finishing a chapter restores your stamina so it would be a waste if you didn't use that stamina elsewhere.
Thanks, just used a full bar of stamina in the metal zone and woo boy, just gained like 10 levels for everyone lol

Anfang

Yea very true for me. I dled it last night and just went with the two bs I got an almost finished the 3rd chapter, then started reading up on it on terrabattle. I dont have a lot of money but i will spend a little eventally to support them. I want to have a strong start, so far have only gotten 2 S and that was within my first 5 roll -_-.

yeah ill give em a few dollars here and there.

i wanna support mistwalker whenever i can. I might donate just based on the music alone.

Agreed. I honestly started with C rank classes as my first two and I made it up to chapter 3 with ease
I think those characters become necessary the further you get so people are getting them now so it doesn't bite them in the ass later? I have a feeling that will happen as stamina is getting higher as well, a product of f2p games. Hopefully by the energy you get on your way to those harder chapters the more greater chance at eventually getting them anyway.

Anfang

I think those characters become necessary the further you get so people are getting them now so it doesn't bite them in the ass later? I have a feeling that will happen as stamina is getting higher as well, a product of f2p games.

It's this really. Right now advancing isn't a problem but eventually you will need a strong team and rerolling a bit now if you aren't or can't spend a lot of money is worth it. Anyways finally got an a and ss so here we go.

jwhit28

Oh ok now i get it. i got an A and SS.

i might stay with the A cause she has high waifu potential
Her AoE attack has saved me a bunch. She has a good bio too.
Daiana is a beautiful stonewoman with long, flowing hair. On closer inspection, it is apparent that her hair is actually magma that streams steadily from her head. While this causes her to lose precious life energy, she has the unique ability to reabsorb it from the outside world. Very few of the stonefolk are capable of such a feat, and as such, she is known as a witch.

Stonefolk witches have distinctive mode of communication that involves copious amounts of alcohol. Daiana seems as if she might melt from all the alcohol she consumes. She has no interest in pathetic men. Perhaps that is why she drinks so much. Daiana's magma hair grows just like the hair of a human being. However, it cannot be cut by ordinary scissors, for they would not withstand the heat. Her solution is to completely remove all of it so that new hair can grow in. With the two words "I win," she has thus turned countless adventurers into lumps of jellied flesh with her magma hair.

One evening, Daiana and Kuscah were drinking together, just the two of them. "I suppose," began Daiana, "some of you humans aren't that bad." The two seemed to be kindred spirits in many ways, perhaps due to all that they had experienced during their lives. "Never thought I'd live to be praised by a stonewoman--one who's a witch no less. Hey, that reminds me! What do you call a nervous witch?" "Heh heh heh, I don't know, what DO you call a nervous witch?" "A twitch! Get it? A twitch!" Somehow, they both thought this to be incredibly funny, and broke out in hysteric laughter. So it was the conversation and jokes continued long into the morning hours.
All the named character bios are pretty good.

Now that im getting into the game, and im starting to like it, NOW i understand the disgusting reality of F2P.

I want to play a lot more, but the stamina issue is going to start to become more apparent in the future.

if there was a one time fee i would buy it, but i see myself playing sporadically based on the price of energy bars.

but yeah good thing i stuck with the A Daiana and SS frog thing. their AOEs have saved my ass a couple of times already. fucking lions mang!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Now that im getting into the game, and im starting to like it, NOW i understand the disgusting reality of F2P.

I want to play a lot more, but the stamina issue is going to start to become more apparent in the future.

if there was a one time fee i would buy it, but i see myself playing sporadically based on the price of energy bars.

but yeah good thing i stuck with the A Daiana and SS frog thing. their AOEs have saved my ass a couple of times already. fucking lions mang!
Same here, without the frogs AOE ice attack it wouldn't have been such a smooth ride till now. On the other hand I depend too much on him as my main damage dealer.

Does this game suffer from the widespread problem in other energy/stamina based games where the more you level up, the more stamina you get, so if you drain all your stamina it can take 40+ hours before you can play the game again unless you buy a refill?
Kinda.
Chapter story battles stay cheap, but you'll need to use Metal Zones to level your character and those got crazy stamina cost.

Metal Zone 4 has an entry cost of 25 stamina, which means about 2 runs when full since you're about ~65 stamina at that point.

wmlk

Im glad you are all enjoying it! It's been great to work on the title and see it launch to the excellent impressions thus far.

Games like these are gonna open our eyes to mobile games. I'm always open to being receptive if it's something worth getting excited about.
Thank you.

anaron

There's something so heartwarming about seeing Squaresoft vets hanging out together like buds

(from the facebook page)
niZ8GqX.jpg

"During this lovely get-together, Amano and Minaba square off while Uematsu and company perform a skilled photobombing!"

so guys i feel like im just strong arming a lot of the matches. any tips and strategies for people familiar with this type of genre?

i feel like i get myself into a lot of tough spots, or i waste a lot of moves sometimes trying to get te best position.

i found a square or cross formation uin the middle can help with a lot of setups but...

Top Bottom