• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013 - StarCraft II: HotS, LoL & CoD: Black Ops 2

Paches

Go Polt~!! USA!

20121118_Crying_american_Eagle-Flag_LARGE.jpg

SamuraiX-

NaNibitchass has returned.

Not even a "gg"

so mad

Amazing hold from Polt after losing all those Marines very inefficiently early on.

HoodWinked

all naniwa had to do was hide the immortal when he was defending then move out without showing that he was going to be aggressive. polt was able to get 3 bunkers then just defended well. also polt preemptively got his scvs ready.

with 1 bunker it would have been impossible for polt to hold.

MLG PCs must be the biggest PoS computers out there... While they never seem to crash in game at least, this is the third time in the stream today that they've had to delay a match because of a crash or needing to restart...

Paches

MLG PCs must be the biggest PoS computers out there... While they never seem to crash in game at least, this is the third time in the stream today that they've had to delay a match because of a crash or needing to restart...

Doesn't say much for their PC sponsor (iBUYPOWER)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How are the matches? Pretty intense?

There was a 10 point difference in the last 60 seconds for a little while and the crowd was crazy but the winning team (Optic) got 20 points+ up at the last hardpoint lol and it quickly became a landslide.

edit: also the dubstep mlg is playing for their breaks is pretty intense too, yes

calder

Last Dreamhack had several PC issues too, several crashes and they had to swap out the tower at least twice. It's not like SC2 is going to be testing the cooling of any remotely modern PC....

SamuraiX-

There was a 10 point difference in the last 60 seconds for a little while and the crowd was crazy but the winning team (Optic) got 20 points+ up at the last hardpoint lol and it quickly became a landslide.

edit: also the dubstep mlg is playing for their breaks is pretty intense too, yes

dayum nice. I might tune into the BO2 stream now that the final rounds are getting underway.

And yeah, I've been enjoying the interlude music.

Paches

Last Dreamhack had several PC issues too, several crashes and they had to swap out the tower at least twice. It's not like SC2 is going to be testing the cooling of any remotely modern PC....

It is very bizarre to me. I have never had a PC issue with SC2 dating back several years. I can only guess that maybe after they plug and unplug 10+ keyboards and mice in that something happens with the drivers or the game that messes it up.

Sub_Level

They're intense but they have Dwight Howard the NBA player in the booth talking so I'm not sure what to think about that.

He was trying to do some commentary too lol

"You just gotta get your head in the game and clearly this team is bringing it today."

They've been pushing Blops 2's competitive viability since BEFORE launch and of course they had a League playlist. I think CoD's a weird case because you have a new game with new mechanics and new maps every 12 months, but with the amount of people buying CoD you will always have a good amount of competitive players.

Anyways, they're playing Express now. Shit map :mad:

Sub_Level

Never played any CoD game... but that score implies you're being facetious yes?

It's Search and Destroy which is basically Counter-Strike.

So yes lol

edit: They're playing Capture the Flag now which is surprisingly fun and exciting to watch despite being pretty terrible to play.

Mmm... storm drops so good.

9172383400_9c34b9116a_z.jpg

Random attractive Asian girl and unicorn in Blops 2 crowd....

SC2 crowd was just as/more depressing. I was sure I saw a couple grown men's mothers with them earlier in the day... Either that or they brought their "date a cougar" dates with them to MLG Anaheim.

calder

Great game so far. HerO with the early lead, those amazing stalkers, that crazy escape, the 120 lings to save Hyun, storm drops, great abductions ('yoinks' henceforth)... abd it's not done yet

Are played allowed to have cell phones while competing? Someone could text you if you're about to get ganked.

They have cameras on them so cheating would surely get them disqualified... I imagine pulling your attention away to look at a phone would also throw you off more than help.

calder

Are played allowed to have cell phones while competing? Someone could text you if you're about to get ganked.

No cell phones in the booths this time apparently. New rule for MLG, and a good idea. I'm not sure how likely it was that someone would do something like have a buddy text him if cheese was incoming or something but its good to have the rule in place.

They have cameras on them so cheating would surely get them disqualified... I imagine pulling your attention away to look at a phone would also throw you off more than help.
I think it was more an issue with having your cell on the table set to vibrate and then someone in the crowd could give you a prearranged heads up or something. Nothing that anyone was ever caught doing, but a reasonable rule to help eliminate the chance someone might try.

Top Bottom