• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013 - StarCraft II: HotS, LoL & CoD: Black Ops 2

So Naniwa has to win 4 out of 5 matches to get through to the final?

The way I understand it, it's 2 sets of 2 out of 3 matches, where Naniwa has to win both, and Polt only has to win 1. This is because Naniwa has already previously lost a 2/3 to be put into the loser bracket, where as Polt has never left the winner bracket.

Not sure the hate for this system, it seems like the fairest way to handle it.

Haunted

The way I understand it, it's 2 sets of 2 out of 3 matches, where Naniwa has to win both, and Polt only has to win 1. This is because Naniwa has already previously lost a 2/3 to be put into the loser bracket, where as Polt has never left the winner bracket.

Not sure the hate for this system, it seems like the fairest way to handle it.
Nope, it's a Bo7 with Polt up 2-0. The usual way to handle a double elimination bracket is the one you mention.

edit: it's not as bad as I thought, though. After looking at the bracket constellation, this is not the usual shit extended series rule from past MLGs (which had nothing to do with double elimination and winners/losers bracket). Giving the player from winner's side a game up in the new series is a lesser-used, but still acceptable variant on double elim. Shouldn't be 2-0, though.

Into

2 Americans facing each other now, east coast vs. west coast. Pac vs. Biggie

I could barely understand what Polt was saying, that thick Texan accent

(i wonder when this meme/joke will die out)

God Protoss is obnoxious. Such a stupid gimmick race in every matchup.

So much seething hate emanating from this post.

nrK40RG.gif

I give Naniwa a pass though, cheering for him!

All is forgiven.

I think the fact he had no forge and no real upgrades forced him to commit, without realizing Polt had no real upgrades either.

If there was one more Colossus it would have been a different story but he only had one sadly.

Still I would like Naniwa to win one more game before Polt takes it lol.

Naniwa's serious face is super serious. I don't see Naniwa winning 3 matches in a row... but at least he'll have at least one win off.

Something that always gets me... You guys realize that this isn't little league right? Yeah, it's not in the best of tastes... but these guys have a lot of money riding on winning these tournaments, can you really blame them for getting emotionally charged in these situations?

That said, pinning my hopes on Hero. Know he's not likely to make a comeback against Hyun, but dammit, I like Hero.

Paches

Naniwa is seriously the Protoss Idra

Except Naniwa is actually good at Starcraft.

Something that always gets me... You guys realize that this isn't little league right? Yeah, it's not in the best of tastes... but these guys have a lot of money riding on winning these tournaments, can you really blame them for getting emotionally charged in these situations?

That said, pinning my hopes on Hero. Know he's not likely to make a comeback against Hyun, but dammit, I like Hero.

Professional athletes still shake hands and hug after games. Why not show some sportsmanship?

Professional athletes still shake hands and hug after games. Why not show some sportsmanship?

Professional athletes don't lose 10,000 if they lose a game. It's not the same thing... also not sure what professional athletes you watch (I'm guessing football with your avatar), you've never seen a person or know a person in the sport who gets emotionally involved/upset?

syllogism

Professional athletes don't lose 10,000 if they lose a game. It's not the same thing... also not sure what professional athletes you watch (I'm guessing football with your avatar), you've never seen a person or know a person in the sport who gets emotionally involved/upset?
You are right, they lose a lot more

Haha damn... my wife just started going into labor. Guess I'm not going to find out who wins till tomorrow. How dare my daughter decide that she has to come now.

Yes but it's still a game in the end, just like pro physical sports. You don't want to set bad examples for the people around you. Sportsmanship keeps us away from pettiness afterwards like arguments, fights, etc.

Pretty much what paches said.

MaGlock

after polt gave him the thumbs down last night i probably wouldnt have shook his hand either. Doesn't seem like naniwa is a good sportsman either way, judging by that gif that he gave someone the thumbs down haha

Paches

Idra is also good at Starcraft. He just has the wrong behavior towards improving, and being overall toxic against everyone.

That is the thing. If he actually put in the time with a good attitude he would be pretty damn good, and he has shown that. He just physically can't, it seems. And it is too bad and a giant waste of talent.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom