• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: MLG Anaheim Spring Championship 2013 - StarCraft II: HotS, LoL & CoD: Black Ops 2

WARCOCK

Banned
Fuck nani
Fuck you, i don't care about his attitude. The guy often displays shear genius on screen and he is a foreigner. Accept the great white hope despite his flaws.

Everytime i see him play i'm reminded of catz saying scarlett is the best foreigner in the world on SOTG, and proceed to laugh.

I HEART ASPIES

HoodWinked

Fuck you, i don't care about his attitude. The guy often displays shear genius on screen and he is a foreigner. Accept the great white hope despite his flaws.

Everytime i see him play i'm reminded of catz saying scarlett is the best foreigner in the world on SOTG, and proceed to laugh.

I HEART ASPIES

nope

if hyun and polt both go finals without going to losers sorta borks the rules.

This sucks so much for HerO. Hyun only needs to win once vs HerO's 3 more games.

I think coming from the losers bracket vs a winner should be 1 point instead of 2. Thats half the score already needed vs the 4 the loser needs to win to get the set.

Yes the winner should be rewarded for winning his matches but 2 points in a match is a lot, a lot too much.

This sucks so much for HerO. Hyun only needs to win once vs HerO's 3 more games.

I think coming from the losers bracket vs a winner should be 1 point instead of 2. Thats half the score already needed vs the 4 the loser needs to win to get the set.

Yes the winner should be rewarded for winning his matches but 2 points in a match is a lot, a lot too much.

The way that this is set up, at this tier of the tournament, the winner would be penalized for winning in that scenario.

Question, were the person entering this round from losers not a loser to the person in winners, would it just be a standard double elim?

Won

In the 2-1 case the extended series actually already favors the guy from the losers. It's just that broken.

Wait I'm confused here. Can you explain why the winner has the disadvantage?

Well, if the alternate situation is a standard double elimination (which I actually am not sure if that is the case, which is why I added the question), the loser bracket person actually GAINS a win in extended series. The winner loses more if an advantage vs standard double elim if they were hypothetically only awarded 1 win, OR in the actual case they get a 2-1 win.

The extended series rule is inbalanced differently at different points of the tourney. Every game before it merges with winners the winner is favored. The game where the brackets merge, it can favor the loser.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't know why the Blops 2 stream is showing me nothing but Whataburger commercials but it's working.

Mairu

I'm glad I managed to free up enough time to watch these finals. This is about all I've watched other than a couple other games here and there.

Keikaku

Both Hyun and Polt played really, really well there. I'm glad that Polt made the transition to BCs just in time.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just Losers Final and then Final Championship left for BLOPs 2. Should all be finished within an hour. Complexity vs. Optic or Impact

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Great Game 1.
CoD with CoL vs Optic was surprisingly good (Energy wise).
And now Marvel is on CEO.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh

calder

Well the first two rounds of the draft is over and I missed... well almost all off the championship round. Oh well, sounds like game one was great, I'll track down that vod ASAP.

STEVE POLT!

WARCOCK

Banned
Great Game 1.
CoD with CoL vs Optic was surprisingly good (Energy wise).
And now Marvel is on CEO.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh

I know too much. I had the soccer confed cup too to watch. I think this is the last big sc2 tourney of the summer right? I'd rather focus on mlg

calder

Great macro game, but you let a Zerg get up that kind of economy and their first attack will be, well, as devastating as Hyuns was. Wow, that was a shit ton of lings, banes and roaches .

Top Bottom